PTS has Never once loaded fully for me in quite a while. Some help is needed.

DarkLordSnake

I use to access the PTS in the past, and I believe the last time was around the launch of KOTFE, but ever since then, my downloading patch for any new PTS build never gets installed, whatsoever.

It installs one line, and then it stops. It's always been stuck at "Installing Main Asset 361 at 0 percent. Nobody, not even a dev has commented on this and - what gives?

I use to access the PTS in the past, and I believe the last time was around the launch of KOTFE, but ever since then, my downloading patch for any new PTS build never gets installed, whatsoever.

It installs one line, and then it stops. It's always been stuck at "Installing Main Asset 361 at 0 percent. Nobody, not even a dev has commented on this and - what gives?

I have the same problem (and I have absolutely no intention of using Steam). I've never had any issues downloading the PTS in the past. Does anyone know what the issue is? (I completely killed Bitraider a while back so it's not that).

Edited by Sarova

I had also the issue off the launcher getting stuck on 0% installing some asset. Searching for a solution I found this old post quoted at Reddit:

AmberGreen

PTS Patching Troubleshooting Guide | 08.19.2013, 11:14 AM

While we do not provide Customer Support for the Public Test Server, the following troubleshooting recommendations are intended for those who are unable to access the PTS due to patching issues:

Repair

If you are having difficulty at any point during the patching process (such as being stuck while on the "Installing" step of an asset, errors during patching) it is important that you run a repair:

Click the small gear button in the bottom left corner of the launcher to bring up the Settings Window

Click the “Repair” link in on the launcher. Repair can take upwards of 20 minutes to complete.

Allow the repair to complete.

If you are still experiencing difficulty, please repeat the repair process until it indicates that no files need to be repaired.

Reset Patch (ONLY if multiple repairs do not allow for proper patching)

Repairing will resolve patching issues for most players. However, if you are still having difficulty we recommend completely removing the following files from the "Star Wars – The Old Republic" folder to force a full patch again:

retailclient_public.version

assets_swtor_test_en_us.version

assets_swtor_test_main.version

Please do NOT attempt to resolve patching issues by copying only the version files from a different PC, as it will result in a broken game. However, if you have access to another computer that is fully patched and error-free when playing on PTS and you wish to copy the files, you must replace all of the following:

The entire "publictest" directory folder

retailclient_public.version file

assets_swtor_test_en_us.version file

assets_swtor_test_main.version file

Assets/swtor_test_ (this should be 93 files for "main" and one language, e.g. "en-us")

Thank you for taking time to participate on the Public Test Server.

Since repair didn't work at all, I did the reset patch routine and then had to reload the whole PTS client. Took a while but it installed properly now..

Hopes that works for you too.

I had also the issue off the launcher getting stuck on 0% installing some asset. Searching for a solution I found this old post quoted at Reddit:

Since repair didn't work at all, I did the reset patch routine and then had to reload the whole PTS client. Took a while but it installed properly now..

Hopes that works for you too.

Thanks for this. After much frustration, finally found the repair icon (mine was hidden in a drop down menu to the top right of the launcher). It's repairing now. I'll see if that let's me download the PTS once it's done.

Make sure you have enough free space on the specific drive.

I have 336GB free on my SSD (which is used for games) so I don't think lack of space is my issue.

UPDATE:

Initial Repair didn't work, however, this did:

Reset Patch (ONLY if multiple repairs do not allow for proper patching)

Repairing will resolve patching issues for most players. However, if you are still having difficulty we recommend completely removing the following files from the "Star Wars – The Old Republic" folder to force a full patch again:

retailclient_public.version

assets_swtor_test_en_us.version

assets_swtor_test_main.version

The above is very easy to do. About two-thirds of the way through, the install flagged up that a repair was needed and offered the repair icon to click. After repairing, the rest of the PTS install carried on and worked. I'm now able to log into the PTS! Be aware that it is a large install, fortunately I had plenty of space.

Thanks again to Khaleijo for finding and posting the solution :)