Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dear TaitWatson: The Companion Romance System NEEDS to be fixed.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Dear TaitWatson: The Companion Romance System NEEDS to be fixed.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

yaviemaya
01.08.2016 , 01:44 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey everyone,

We believe that this issue is also affecting pre-KOTFE content as well; please let us know once the fix is live if you notice any issues.

Tait
So.. we are getting another untested fix, and high chance that something else will stop working. Bugoware naver changes..

Jedi_riches
01.08.2016 , 03:39 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
The letter in and of itself is no big deal (IMO), but I am wondering: if / when the romanced companion returns to the game in person, will this 'not retroactive' issue have irrevocably impacted how they react to our characters?
Quote: Originally Posted by Swedguy View Post
I'm fine without a letter, but will romanced companions react properly when reintroduced to the players?
This 1,000x

So I am hoping that someone will correct me if I am wrong (preferably a yellow post),

1) All romances in the game will be "fixed" in 4.1 if they were previously broken but you have not yet started Kotfe? please confirm, they are not irrevocably broken if you had level a romance past a certain point i.e. marriage conversation cutscene?

2) Those who had started Kotfe with a bugged romance, wont get the letter they should have gotten during chapter 2 but going forward this romance will still be recognised.

This is how I am understanding the Dev's post anyway and it seems I can officially play again all my characters again whenever 4.1 hits (assuming the fix makes it) but at least I can move forward with my female sorc since apparently there is no bug with Lana (as long as I choose all the flirt options anyway).
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock

SteveTheCynic
01.08.2016 , 03:54 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
This isn't correct, Tait. Doc loves Courting. He's the one I've been giving all of mine to.
Vette and M1-4X are on that list as well. I presume that M1-4X (he likes Luxury gifts, too) auctions them off for troop morale purposes or something.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

SteveTheCynic
01.08.2016 , 03:56 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by GuerillaTech View Post
Went into that click thinking i was about to hear the nick cannon song. still worth a chuckle either way.
David Lee Roth?
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

PrincessShAmy
01.08.2016 , 07:13 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Ceinwyn View Post
The option is the [FLIRT] choice during the cantina conversation. You can flirt with one of the romance companions or simply talk to one of them. Choosing the flirt option leads to a choice where you can lock in the romance (there is no confusion at this point if you have done so; there's an acknowledgement on the Companions & Contacts tab under the chosen romance afterwards). From what Tait has said, if you miss this opportunity, you don't have a second chance.
I truly do not understand what all the confusion is in regards to whom you flirt with in the cantina scene. You are clearly given an option to choose between one out of three people so what difference does it make who the last person speaking is? If the flirt option were meant for Theron and only Theron then you wouldn't get the option with Koth and Lana. Instead, it says that "I want to speak to one of you". If Treek was the last person to speak do you think the flirt option would be with her? I don't think so.

Regardless of the reason - either it wasn't clear or the flirt option never popped up - I would like to see all of us get a second chance to resolve it. Put in an additional cut scene where we have the opportunity again to start a romance.

SteveTheCynic
01.08.2016 , 08:53 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by PrincessShAmy View Post
I truly do not understand what all the confusion is in regards to whom you flirt with in the cantina scene. You are clearly given an option to choose between one out of three people so what difference does it make who the last person speaking is? If the flirt option were meant for Theron and only Theron then you wouldn't get the option with Koth and Lana. Instead, it says that "I want to speak to one of you". If Treek was the last person to speak do you think the flirt option would be with her? I don't think so.

Regardless of the reason - either it wasn't clear or the flirt option never popped up - I would like to see all of us get a second chance to resolve it. Put in an additional cut scene where we have the opportunity again to start a romance.
The confusion arises because the options are, while staring at Theron:
1. I need to talk to one of you.
2. [Flirt] I need to talk to one of you.

It isn't stated who you flirt with, and in every other wheel where it doesn't say, you flirt with the person visible on the GDMH(1) screen. There's a wheel on Rishi where you can flirt with either Theron or Lana:
1. [Flirt] Theron, sexytalk
2. [Flirt] Lana, sexytalk
3. Something bland.

So here it's clear who get which flirt. In the Chapter IX cantina case, it isn't clear. Perhaps this would have been more clear:
1. [Talk to one of them.]
2. [Flirt] [Flirt with one of them.]

Now it is unambiguously clear that the flirt happens with whomever you choose.

(1) Initialism for "deity-cursed matrilocally incestuous", only more crudely expressed.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

MaximilianPower
01.08.2016 , 08:59 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
This isn't correct, Tait. Doc loves Courting. He's the one I've been giving all of mine to.
Right, he's the only one who loves them (afaik). Took him from influence 10 to 50 solely on the strength of courting gifts. Dude really likes his Gree mindlink and Zeltron aroma thingies.

Zuckerkorn Zuckernaut Spiderzuck Tensorcide Zuck-srw'i
Maximilian Power TÝbiasFŁnke Tryhard Neckbeard MaxPower-srw
Star Forge / Satele Shan / Darth Malgus

Self-Inflicted / Shadowlands Reconnaisance Wing / Retrocide / Imperial Entanglements

Theik
01.08.2016 , 10:51 AM | #68
Worth noting is that you can also get locked out of romancing the most boring option out of the 3, Koth, by being a darkside douchebag.

If you blow up the reactor and refuse to help the settlers and maybe something else darkside (I was on a darkside run), you can go "I'd like to talk to one of you in private." flirt and he'll be all "Not me, I know that much. I only put up with so much blablabla emo blablabla."

Warrgames
01.08.2016 , 10:58 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey everyone,

We have seen quite a few reports about the Romance system being broken, and I wanted to clarify a few things. A number of the issues being reported are not, in fact, bugged.

The big one is Iresso. While Iresso is not alone in not acknowledging your romance, he has become the name surrounding the whole situation. In this case, there is a bug Ė the romance variables for some of the pre-KOTFE companions are being improperly assessed, leading to the appearance that they arenít romanced even if they are. This fix is scheduled for 4.1 but is not finalized yet. What should have occurred is that when you completed Chapter I of Fallen Empire, you would receive a mail from your romance. We believe that this issue is also affecting pre-KOTFE content as well; please let us know once the fix is live if you notice any issues. It is worth pointing out that this change is not retroactive: if you have already started Fallen Empire, you will not receive the letter.

I have also seen mention of not being able to romance one of the new characters (Lana, Theron, Koth) being a bug. As far as we can tell, this is not bugged at this time. In order to romance these characters, you must consistently choose flirt options with them throughout KOTFE (having a relationship with Theron or Lana back in Shadow of Revan also contributes to their romances, but is not required) and you must choose a particular option in Chapter IX to pursue a full romance with one of them. If anyone finds that this is not the case for their character, definitely let us know!

As for Courting gifts, we are aware that they are only able to be consumed by Nico Okarr. At first we thought he was just greedy, but we found out itís because of the change from Affection to Influence, and the Courting Gifts not making the appropriate swap. This is also scheduled for Game Update 4.1.

Best,

Tait
Tait
Could you after 4.1 post those letters for all the companions so the people that missed them could read what they said? Some of them are really good and sucks for people to miss out on them.
"I don't like Tatooine, but I do like saying Tatooine." Theron Shan
Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/fSvsyK Click for free stuff.
"Nonsense repeated doesn't make it truth." Arcaan

Lesaberisa
01.08.2016 , 11:04 AM | #70
You can read the letters here if you want. I think they have everyone's.
Finest mediocre fanfic this side of the Outer Rim:Trooper / Inquisitor