Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

"Bruce: Focus of Game update 2.2 is guilds"

Kesphin

New Feature! Characters in a guild will receive an XP and Reputation bonus based on the number of characters from unique accounts in the guild

And? That's it...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA... What a joke... What a pity.

Where are guild quests, guild unlocks, etc? /facepalm

EAware, you killed the last breath of hope I had in that game.

P.S Everyone in my guild left the game because of your lazyness. /clap

Mantle of the force is full of newbies using dady's wallet now, not a single vet left.

Edited by Kesphin

Ridiculous indeed. Where are all the nifty features they promised us in the Guild summit over a year ago?

Well, I'm not supposed to tell anyone, but it's in patch 2.6. There will be a nifty guild vs. guild match play huttball also for the pvp guilds.

I heard in game update 4.9 we will get guild mails. Woot! Why only in 4.9? Well, because, you know, it takes a lot of work to do it. More, they have to hire a dev! It's awsome, never seen that much investment in a MMO.

/puke

Edited by Kesphin

Haven't you heard? Nightmare modes are guild feature because most people need to be in guild to do them. Also new grafting recipies are guild feature because mostly guilds do HMs where mats drop.

Also, new pvp content in 2.4 will bew few things to buy for WZ comms, as you need to do pvp to get them.

Also, subscrtiber "benefits" promised for one weeklend or another in that stream, will be new cartel pack, because subscribers get 'free' CC. Or maybe another exp bonus.

Seriously, it's funny how little they actually do.

This is why, all the people thinking the SSSP is going to be some epic thing, just look at the quality of their latest 'content' patches. It's going to be "challenges" or co-op at best I bet.

Um .... Didn't you notice that they like to theme the patches? And given that this paper-thin update only had one smidgeon of PVE content that kinda applies to guilds, they picked that.

It could have been anything, really - the operation (singular) patch, the TfB patch ....

Or the empty patch? Or maybe the copy paste patch?

Edited by Kesphin

Wait. What's the Guild Focus in this Patch?

Because Nightmare mode is only really approachable or cared about by the 1%, 5% bonus exp doesn't amount to anything with how quickly and easily you can hit 55, and it's the same weekly cap on rep.

Did I miss something that actually enhanced the actual guild "Experience"?

Wait. What's the Guild Focus in this Patch?

Because Nightmare mode is only really approachable or cared about by the 1%, 5% bonus exp doesn't amount to anything with how quickly and easily you can hit 55, and it's the same weekly cap on rep.

Did I miss something that actually enhanced the actual guild "Experience"?

They just tweaked the guild bonus system a bit more..

BUT TBH i don't remember where they said this would be a guild focused patch in the first place. Could someone link me to a statement we can see where they said this patch was going to be guild focused? I see the quote just cant find the blog so i can see in what context he used those words.

Speaking of guilds, eight weeks ago in Game Update 2.0 we added a 5% experience bonus. With this update we are taking that bonus a step further, and guild members will gain additional experience rewards up to 10% depending on the number of active members in the guild. We have also added a Reputation gain bonus for guild members that also scales up to 10%.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=649945

Edited by CrazyCanukk

thanks..

From what i see we got pretty much what was promised. All i see he did wrong was use the wrong selection of words to describe the patches contents putting too much emphasis on the guild bonuses.

We got Guild bonuses and the main part of the update was the Nightmare content as he said it would be.

Bruce: Focus of Game update 2.2 is guilds – exciting new endgame content, endgame crafting, and guild bonuses. The centerpiece of 2.2 is nightmare contents. Nightmare TFB will be with 2.2 and four weeks later we are releasing Nightmare S&V with 2.2.2. Patch 2.2 is not going live tomorrow (June 11).

The quote is...

" Bruce: Focus of Game update 2.2 is guilds – exciting new endgame content, endgame crafting, and guild bonuses. The centerpiece of 2.2 is nightmare contents. Nightmare TFB will be with 2.2 and four weeks later we are releasing Nightmare S&V with 2.2.2. Patch 2.2 is not going live tomorrow (June 11). "

Not to be that guy, but I think he was referring to things guilds can do, not guild perks..-- unless there is another quote somewhere.

Nightmare Modes, Endgame Content and Operations and such are primarily things people in Guilds do. So, I might have to blame this one on language. :D

Sure, there needs to be more 'Guild Perks' and all that jazz, but they never explicity said that was what was coming.

2.2 is called 'Operation Nightmare'... not 'Guilds'.

Edited by Lionflash

I've just returned from the future.. i can say that the game is still alive and well in 2016. with patch 4.5.1a they did add another 2% xp buff if you've got at least 3 actual women with unique subscriber accounts who recently logged in recently.

so you've got that to look forward too... which is nice. oh and the Florida Marlins vs the Houston Astros in the World Series btw.. spoiler alert: Marlins in 6 !!!

One thing I would really like to know is how many devs are working on the game and how many are working for the pigeon shop. I guess it's only 2 devs on the game and 10 on the PS.

^ I think your right about your guess, sure seem highly lopside on the free content vs the CM.