"Boohoo, I dont like SWTOR"

cesmode

**Disclaimer, wall of text.

Listen, threads that detail why you dont like SWTOR (and even threads that defend the game such as this one), are really getting old :)

Ive been playing the game, reading the forums, and taking note of others' observations.

1. I am level 50 and now bored

Response: Why rush to max level, when you know the game and community will not catch up to you for months? Sure, some max levels will trickle in, but the majority of the community will be enjoying the game, trying new classes, exploring, etc. Once we all get our feet under us, we will get to max level, join you, and you will then find something else to complain about. Also, sure, raiding is limited, and one can only do so much extra questing or flashpoints, but again...*whispers*, the game has been out less than a month. Quit crying, and be patient.

2. So many bugs, omgwtf Im quitting!

Response: Read the last line of the response above. The game has been out for less than a month. Give the developers time to fix bugs. They already have fixed quite a few, including several gathering profession bugs that I found really annoying. Give them time. How can you judge a development team when the game JUST launched during the holiday season, and hasnt had time to compile the data, list the bugs, divide work loads, figure out solutions, respond to your tickets/calls, etc etc etc etc. Come on! Cut Bioware some slack. Now, if these same bugs persist in 6 months, thats a different story.

3. PVP is brokeded.

Response: PVP in ANY GAME, I repeat, ANY GAME, is broken. Do not tell me PVP is balanced in WoW. You'll have the warrior saying the frost mage is OP because he can kite him around. You'll have the mage saying the rogue is OP because he can stunlock you for 20 seconds. Youll have everyone complaining that pally bubbles are just plain OP. Again, give them time to see what works and how to balance. Honestly, PVP in any game will not be balanced. So live with it. Now, world PVP is a different story. I'll concede that they should have more areas that are contested, world pvp, more incentive, etc. However, not everyone likes PVP, so get off your high horse.

4. I dont like listening to some overpaid voice actor telling me where to go for my class quest.

Response: Did you read reviews on the game? Did you do any small bit of research before spending 60 dollars? You should have known that this game is 100% voice acted. Get used to it, get over it.

5. I really dont care about the story, let me just go kill X monsters and loot Y objects.

Response: Again, did you do any research? The game has been in development FOR YEARS!!! They have said during early development that this game will be STORY DRIVEN. If you arent willing to give the story, at least your class story, a fair try, then this game is not for you, you wasted 60 dollars, and you should quit. Rid us of your stupidity.

6. I NEED EVEN MOAR PVP!!

Response: Again, this is a story driven game. Any MMO will have PVP, yes. But look at the most successful MMO in history, dare I say it, WoW. It does not revolve around PVP(even though sometimes the changes made to classes make us think that it does). The game revolves around PVE and Blizzards limited ability to tell a story, and immerse us in the World of Warcraft Environment, culture, and lore. If you wanted a PVP-centric game, Go try aion or warhammer. There are two great examples of PVP-first games, and two great examples of utter failures. I think the trend can be stated that if developers set out to make their MMO lean more toward PVP, the game will die within a year. I've played both of those games, and they are definately geared more toward PVP. So again, if PVP is all you want and you just want your warzones fixed, otherwise you're gone..then just go. Not the game for you.

Im sure the forums are sick of seeing posts like this one, but I am sure a lot of people are sick of seeing the half-brain idiots that quit the game in under 2 weeks because bugs arent fixed, warzones are meh, and they are tired of smashing their space bar. To you people who think that way, I say to you: Bioware loves the 60 dollars you gave them. Next time, research into the product you are buying.

To Bioware: I commend you. Great job. Great game. Great story. Fix the bugs, add in new features, and you have yourself a winner for years to come.

And thus, complaining about the complainers began, and the world ended in a great divide by zero.

While it might be 2012, it is not 21/12/2012, then the world shall divide by the almighty 0.

Edited by aVmuse

How long until this game hits Free To Play?

i give it at least 12 months, i know my opinion is worth squat to many, but i was beeing correckt with predicting fails for AoC/Warhammer/Rift... dunno why... it also saddens me to see this game fail so big

i give it at least 12 months, i know my opinion is worth squat to many, but i was beeing correckt with predicting fails for AoC/Warhammer/Rift... dunno why... it also saddens me to see this game fail so big

Rift is not F2P, and to my knowledge, they Trion has not announced such things yet, so you're wrong there buddy.

And your opinion doesnt not mean..squat. Are you level 50? If so, then it means a lot to me! Wait, yes, youre level 50 within 3 weeks of release, and saying the game sucks. Yes..yes indeed.

Please re-read my post, I think I addressed you in point number 1.

Come on, this isnt the first 'complainer of the complainer' thread, and it definately wont be the last.

Complaining about the complainer of the complainers? That's low.

I rather the thread be about how everyone complains too much then listen to another useless QQ thread.

At least the OP has a reason for QQ'ing.

Edited by LightLight

How long until this game hits Free To Play?

Remembering this is being overlooked by EA, one of the biggest money grabbers.

This game will never ... EVER ... go Free to Play.

It may well go Freemium, but never F2P.

By Freemium you will be paying a hell of a lot more to play then than you are now.

Planets will have a fee to be able to use them, speeders will probably be cash, extra slots for characters (you may get 2 free but probably just the one), locker slots, bag slots .... the list goes on.

Some games give quite a lot for free when they go F2P then you have the Freemium ones where you get the very simple basics, which is what will happen here.

EA will never give something for nothing. People waiting and wanting this to go F2P to come back are in for a very big shock when that £8.99 they were whining over suddenly becomes a lot more appealing.

Then most of them will set up a sub to save money which defeated the whole object of them whining and waiting for it to go F2P in the first place.

Complaining about the complainer of the complainers? That's low.

I rather the thread be about how everyone complains too much then listen to another useless QQ thread.

But you are complaining about my complaining thread in which there are complainers of complainers of...crap. Does it ever end?? :( Brother, will you stand and fight with me here, for Middle Earth for the Elv...crap, wrong game again.

ITT: fanboi's desperate attempt at damage control falls flat on its face

0/10

I've seen you call people fanbois on several threads today, why don't you just go back to WOW? I hear they got pandas and pokemon incoming. Much more suited to someone of your maturity ;)

Edited by poppen

My hypocrisy detector just exploded.

I've seen you call people fanbois on several threads today, why don't you just go back to WOW? I hear they got pandas and pokemon incoming. Much more suited to someone of your maturity

So sayeth the fanboy.

Edited by DannyInternets

Remembering this is being overlooked by EA, one of the biggest money grabbers.

This game will never ... EVER ... go Free to Play.

It may well go Freemium, but never F2P.

By Freemium you will be paying a hell of a lot more to play then than you are now.

Planets will have a fee to be able to use them, speeders will probably be cash, extra slots for characters (you may get 2 free but probably just the one), locker slots, bag slots .... the list goes on.

Some games give quite a lot for free when they go F2P then you have the Freemium ones where you get the very simple basics, which is what will happen here.

EA will never give something for nothing. People waiting and wanting this to go F2P to come back are in for a very big shock when that £8.99 they were whining over suddenly becomes a lot more appealing.

Then most of them will set up a sub to save money which defeated the whole object of them whining and waiting for it to go F2P in the first place.

Finally a well thought post. If the game ever became 'freemium', I think thats ample justification to kick it to the curb. But again, thats after many months, if not a year or two. Still need to give it a fair shot. We have been waiting for this game for years. A lot of us grew up on star wars, and being given the chance to immerse yourself in that universe is compelling, so I must be patient and give Bioware a chance. Call me a fanboi, sure. Not as bad as some people out there though.

Like those damn hobbits.