Convince me that Smash spec will not be obsolete now...

BalphoWan

I'm worried that the changes to Smash for Jug/Guard coming in 2.7 will make the spec obsolete compared to Vigilance/Vengeance spec. Please someone tell me that I am wrong. It's just that, as a single target spec, Vig/Veng will outperform Smash in my experience. So, by gutting the aoe on Smash, where does that leave the spec, other than as just an inferior single target spec?? Edited by BalphoWan

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop complaining about smash, it won't be godly anymore but you will still be able to provide more than enough team pressure, and you can always go to a different spec if you don't like it. Carnage is amazing, vengeance is ok, and jugg tanks are still pretty damn good. After 2.7 all specs for operatives will be subpar to garbage and sorcs will be more or less the same.

Yep, it's getting a massive overhaul in regards to playing it.

Could see some buffs in the future, but I see this nerf as their way of purging everyone of the derp smash being the most common spec seen in PvP before really giving it the capability to contend.

But as someone stated above, it'll just require a lot more skill to run. And since this is the spec anyone could effectively run at the moment, that's why the change seems so drastic.

I am not so much complaining. I play Vig often and like it. I also understand that everything is a L2P issue. I just worry about not wanting to play Smash anymore after the changes. The defense and single target sustained DPS offered by Veng/Vig I think will outperform Smash across the board after 2.7. That's what I am worried about. Not complaining about the nerf. I understand it was a long time coming. Just concerned about it's future viability.

I'm worried that the changes to Smash for Jug/Guard coming in 2.7 will make the spec obsolete compared to Vigilance/Vengeance spec. Please someone tell me that I am wrong. It's just that, as a single target spec, Vig/Veng will outperform Smash in my experience. So, by gutting the aoe on Smash, where does that leave the spec, other than as just an inferior single target spec??

Vigilance get big nerf too, cuz CD on focused defence (+15% DR) up from 45 s to 3 min.

Vigilance get big nerf too, cuz CD on focused defence (+15% DR) up from 45 s to 3 min.

Yea but I actually like that change. Before, if you were out of focus, Focused Defense was pointless. Now we get a 4% heal every second, regardless of how much focus we have. It could give us better single target survivbility compared to Sentinals/Marauders, which is needed.

I am not so much complaining. I play Vig often and like it. I also understand that everything is a L2P issue. I just worry about not wanting to play Smash anymore after the changes. The defense and single target sustained DPS offered by Veng/Vig I think will outperform Smash across the board after 2.7. That's what I am worried about. Not complaining about the nerf. I understand it was a long time coming. Just concerned about it's future viability.

It will still be more viable than operative, sorc or even assassin. But it looks like PTs will once again become the FOTM for dps and mercs for heals.

I think a good idea may be to make a talent high enough up the rage/focus tree (so the other specs can't get it or make it shii-cho only) that gives a baseline damage buff to slash/vicious slash to off-set the change to smash.

^^in the current state of the changes, probably not (more crit stat). You still get the autocrit on the targeted enemy and a regular smash crit is kinda laughable.

Edited by Ridickilis

Look on ranked leaderboards (siolo and group) and tell me how much there operatives, sorcs, sins and juggs/guardians. It is about "lolviable". Thanks.

Leaderboards mean absolutely nothing since ranked is dead on almost all servers. Also leaderboards only take into accounts wins and mvp votes (yeah like we actually vote for the real MVPs instead of friends and guild mates). By that logic eli is 2x better than peyton because he won 2 superbowls, when everyone says that peyton is the best in history.

The smash tears are delicious.

This.

I think a good idea may be to make a talent high enough up the rage/focus tree (so the other specs can't get it or make it shii-cho only) that gives a baseline damage buff to slash/vicious slash .

Because a spammable 5.5k instant needs a buff. L2P.

Edited by SajPl

L2P.

LOL you're funny. I'm not the one that really gives a ****, I don't play the spec. In fact every time I see shii-cho on a Mara or Jugg, I think to myself 'nubcake'. I'm elitist like that. I'll wait till all the rage/focus respec to carnage/vigilance and then I'll play rage because that's the way I am. I rolled carnage and concealment when everyone complained it sucked for pvp, same with vigilance. Now I'm leveling a watchman and madness sin for pvp seeing how everyone broke out their scrappers/concealment.

I just don't like the idea that BW guts a class because of forum QQ. So you'd be wrong in your L2P comment considering I never had an issue playing against smashers in the first place. It would be those that are happy with the nerf that need to L2P.

Edited by Ridickilis

It's still going to be a good spec. Partly because of it's ease to play, and because it's still going to put out 8-10k smashes to primary target plus 3-4k to anyone else caught in it. You really think the change is going to nerf that spec hard? Think again. You will still see a lot of smash monkeys. Edited by Devilk

Seriously? smash won't be broken. The only change is that instead of smashing everyone for 9k they only smash one person for 9k and the rest for 5k... So basically smashers will have to think about who they are going to smash instead going "oh ill just smash them all"

Seriously? smash won't be broken. The only change is that instead of smashing everyone for 9k they only smash one person for 9k and the rest for 5k... So basically smashers will have to think about who they are going to smash instead going "oh ill just smash them all"

where does 5k come from, theoretically?