Having a problem finding Heavy Chest armor... Any Advice?

Dezmosedici

So Ive gotten behind with my friends bc of the holidays and have had to skip some of the missions to play with them. I have had the same chest armor since lvl 13 (now 21) and I never seem to find or can buy any. Can someone please give me some advice on where i should look (Ie flashpoints/missions/space missions) or where i would be more likely to find some new armor? Never seems to be any at the vendors or comendation vendors. Thank you all in advance!!!

Buddy, do some pvp. You get about 40-80 commendations per game.

There's an orange upgradeable Chest piece at the pvp vendor, I think a round 100-150 badges.

They have lvl 20, 40 and 50 gear. Go pvp up and at least get the orange chest and pants.

Those you can just keep sliding in Armoring, mods and enhancements to keep up with everyone else.

Edited by Thelgow

Option #1 - Hit 23rd and buy the next player crafted Chest piece tier.

Option #2 - Buy one of the countless Orange chest pieces from the Market that you can equip. Throw some mods into there to get yourself back into shape, then decide whether or not you want to switch to Option #1 when you hit 23rd.

Option #3 - Run instances for Chest drops. I'd personally use Option #2 as a temporary armor piece if you're going to go this route.

Option #4 - Check if there are any 15th lvl Purple grade Chest pieces for Heavy Armor on your Market. That's the level that players can make them. A Purple piece will still have somewhat respectable armor value (though less than the Orange route) and tons of bonus special ability stat points. This is a hold over option to help you reach 23rd, which then allows you to use Option #1.

Edited by Roda

There's a moddable heavy armor chestpiece that looks like Darth Vader's armor and cape that you get in the mid 20's, I forget it's name. I'm still using it at lvl 50.

Gladiators something something right? Off Tatooine? I believe it requires level 28. I picked up an orange on Dromund Kaas I think, don't remember how.

Edited by bassfu

Gladiators something something right? Off Tatooine? I believe it requires level 28. I picked up an orange on Dromund Kaas I think, don't remember how.

Me too. I believe it was from the Heroic 4+ south of the city where you had to collect the 25 artifacts and draw out the leader.