SWTOR's dying days also its best?

MayhemofChaonus

This might be just my opinion, but as far as I can see SWTOR is showing most of the signs of a dying MMO. It's sad of course, but the recently severe lack of population (especially in old daily areas, Section X, Oricon, and Black Hole are complete ghost towns :$) has given me a thought. With less players in the game, could it be possible that the lack of players means the devs can actually start listening to more people's ideas and responding to more people's bug reports?

Although I must admit that lately it seems the lack of players leaves the devs completely unmotivated, as shown by the Oricon frozen lightning stream bug and the many bugs in some companion's kits. These bugs are, in my consumer opinion, lazy bugs. That is, bugs that would normally be fixed within hours of the first bug report but aren't due to laziness or sloppiness. Just another symptom of the slow decay I suppose.

But anyway, I just want to know what people think. do you think that the smaller player pool will see more ideas given life and more problems fixed quicker? Or do you think the game is just going to slowly rot away, getting progressively worse and buggier as both dev's and players lose their passion for the game?

Furthermore, what do you guys think we can do to make SWTOR's fate the former and not the latter?

This might be just my opinion, but as far as I can see SWTOR is showing most of the signs of a dying MMO. It's sad of course, but the recently severe lack of population (especially in old daily areas, Section X, Oricon, and Black Hole are complete ghost towns :$) has given me a thought. With less players in the game, could it be possible that the lack of players means the devs can actually start listening to more people's ideas and responding to more people's bug reports?

Although I must admit that lately it seems the lack of players leaves the devs completely unmotivated, as shown by the Oricon frozen lightning stream bug and the many bugs in some companion's kits. These bugs are, in my consumer opinion, lazy bugs. That is, bugs that would normally be fixed within hours of the first bug report but aren't due to laziness or sloppiness. Just another symptom of the slow decay I suppose.

But anyway, I just want to know what people think. do you think that the smaller player pool will see more ideas given life and more problems fixed quicker? Or do you think the game is just going to slowly rot away, getting progressively worse and buggier as both dev's and players lose their passion for the game?

Furthermore, what do you guys think we can do to make SWTOR's fate the former and not the latter?

If things were to stay as they are now and not pick back up after X major update announcement ( or worse no major update of new content at all ) then expect less of everything as ideally there would be less money to go around to pay for everything.

Also FWIW if you go over their careers page their not really looking for anyone for this game so don't expect to see much in the way of growth in that regard either.

Edited by MeNaCe-NZ

Although I must admit that lately it seems the lack of players leaves the devs completely unmotivated,

the devs are demoralized, parts of this playerbase have done their best to demotivate the devs at every turn. Look at the threads populating the front page of General Discussion ( /community/forumdisplay.php?f=255 )

What would you do if the most vocal players profess how much they hate what you've worked on for years.

Edited by Falensawino

the devs are demoralized, parts of this playerbase have done their best to demotivate the devs at every turn. Look at the threads populating the front page of General Discussion ( /community/forumdisplay.php?f=255 )

What would you do if the most vocal players profess how much they hate what you've worked on for years.

I'd ignore it as forum posters are at best, 5-10% of your game population. Thats not a guess but a statistical average that was conducted a few years ago.

Not to say the devs completely ignore forum outcries, but forum posters are just a very vocal minority.

Engage them earlier before it gets to that point?

You've got a fast declining game population and nothing new or interesting on the horizon except "MOAR CHAPTERS!" ... it's understandable people are annoyed especially when you add in the lack of communication.

This might be just my opinion, but as far as I can see SWTOR is showing most of the signs of a dying MMO.

EA's Q2:FY16 (July-Sept 2015) Earnings Call: "Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ subscribers increased 33% since the announcement of the latest expansion at E3, Knights of the Fallen Empire."

EA's Q3:FY16 (Oct-Dec 2015) Earnings Call: "In Q3, STAR WARS™: The Old Republic grew to its highest subscriber level in nearly three years."

EA's Q4:FY16 (Jan-March 2016) Earnings Call: "We saw continued growth of our original Star Wars product, Star Wars: The Old Republic"

Top Grossing Pay-to-Play MMO Games by Revenue, March 2016: #3 - Star Wars: The Old Republic

...I'm a bit skeptical that the game is 'dying' at the moment.

Although I must admit that lately it seems the lack of players leaves the devs completely unmotivated

They're putting out a new content patch every month, with two coming out in June. Now, KotFE story chapters may not be everyone's cup of tea, that's fine, but they still take work to produce - pumping these out month after month doesn't strike me as a sign of unmotivated developers, their motivation is just being channeled into a particular output.

That being said, I would love to see them get a better handle on their bug fixes - that's definitely still an area where I think they have a lot of room for improvement.

Edited by DarthDymond

EA's Q2:FY16 (July-Sept 2015) Earnings Call: "Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ subscribers increased 33% since the announcement of the latest expansion at E3, Knights of the Fallen Empire."

EA's Q3:FY16 (Oct-Dec 2015) Earnings Call: "In Q3, STAR WARS™: The Old Republic grew to its highest subscriber level in nearly three years."

EA's Q4:FY16 (Jan-March 2016) Earnings Call: "We saw continued growth of our original Star Wars product, Star Wars: The Old Republic"

Top Grossing Pay-to-Play MMO Games by Revenue, March 2016: #3 - Star Wars: The Old Republic

They're putting out a new content patch every month, with two coming out in June. Now, KotFE story chapters may not be everyone's cup of tea, that's fine, but they still take work to produce - pumping these out month after month doesn't strike me as a sign of unmotivated developers, their motivation is just being channeled into a particular output.

That being said, I would love to see them get a better handle on their bug fixes - that's definitely still an area where I think they have a lot of room for improvement.

Darty, Just wait the next quarters results will show the game is dead 'HONEST', the people who are going to be negative about this game will always state that next quarter will show us what they already know and simply rinse and repeat until SWTOR is simply not referenced at all in a quarter or some other negative info coming from EA's reports.

No matter what official information you can present to these doubters they will all say the information is wrong and that they seemingly know better just because they stand around the fleet all day taking a census, I just wished these people would not try and end the game because they are seemingly not enjoying it anymore for whatever reason. They are unhappy so everyone must be unhappy with them.

But I definitely agree with you about bug fixes, one big fix patch a month is not enough in my opinion.

Edited by Jedi_riches

This might be just my opinion, but as far as I can see SWTOR is showing most of the signs of a dying MMO. It's sad of course, but the recently severe lack of population (especially in old daily areas, Section X, Oricon, and Black Hole are complete ghost towns :$)

Well I would say there is simply no reason to be doing dailies in this game anymore, for most there is simply enough story content for them to be getting on with, plus one of the main benefits of the daily areas were regular xp and credits, now in 4.0 xp is so easy (in fact I usually get 65 during chapter 1 of my class story) and a heroics run of 4 x 65 players will net you better credit returns even if only weekly.

As for Oricon, I never touch the planet full stop as I know that to truly finish that storyline I will need 2 operations so since I don't do operations I will not even bother setting foot there, plus many players simple skip Oricon while levelling and go class story > Ilum > Makeb > Forged Alliances > SOR > etc

I'd ignore it as forum posters are at best, 5-10% of your game population. Thats not a guess but a statistical average that was conducted a few years ago.

Not to say the devs completely ignore forum outcries, but forum posters are just a very vocal minority.

And that vocal minority usually talk utter crap too.

If the game goes down for an hour or more due to some unforeseen technical issues, you see all the threads here about how:

"Im going to cancel."

"Im sick of this game."

"I am fed up spending money on something that doesn't work..."

etc etc etc...

Also if I had a credit for every time somebody said the game is "dying" Id be so rich Id never need to sell ANY of my cartel goodies on the GTN ever again.

Edited by thebumpkin

(especially in old daily areas, Section X, Oricon, and Black Hole are complete ghost towns :$)

I'm all for the developers putting more of their efforts into fixing bugs but this is hardly a good example of evidence of the game's eminent demise. It's like saying WoW is dying because you never see anyone grinding Netherwing dailies anymore. People need to relax, the sky is not falling just because there aren't a thousand other people doing the same activities you are at the moment.

Subscription Plans

You have 1 day of subscription play time remaining.

Your account will move to Free-to-Play status if you cancel your subscription and your paid game time runs out.

Sorry to say, but they are too late for me. Tell bioware to send me an email when the create a mega server. Other then that I am gone for good never to log back in again.

Let's not at least forget to put the Jan-March comment into context ... it was in reference to "extra content" revenue which is more than likely not subscribers ... at least I've not seen one well thought out debate by anyone to lead me to believe it would be ( otherwise they would have just said subscribers if it continued to grow over it's previous record that they stated ).

Only other revenue source then is CM which isn't surprising with the positive changes it has had but in the long run you do still need people playing to keep selling.

Well i'd start looking at the feedback and begin to make improvements on the game so they'd stop hating it.

Well i'd start looking at the feedback and begin to make improvements on the game so they'd stop hating it.

Not saying they should ignore player feedback, but trying to get people to stop hating on it is just an endless loop.

As soon as they started liking it, those players would stop being the most vocal, and other players who wanted something else entirely (perhaps the exact opposite of what they did) would start hating the game and quickly become the most vocal instead. Repeat ad nauseam.

There are hundreds of thousands of people playing this game (at least), it is impossible to please everyone - in a population that large there are always some people who want the exact opposite of what some others want, and whoever is dissatisfied at any given time is more likely to be the most vocal.

Edited by DarthDymond

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

John Lydgate

Its so true. Especially with games and content.

Edited by thebumpkin

Not saying they should ignore player feedback, but trying to get people to stop hating on it is just an endless loop.

As soon as they started liking it, those players would stop being the most vocal, and other players who wanted something else entirely (perhaps the exact opposite of what they did) would start hating the game and quickly become the most vocal instead. Repeat ad nauseam.

There are hundreds of thousands of people playing this game (at least), it is impossible to please everyone - in a population that large there are always some people who want the exact opposite of what some others want, and whoever is dissatisfied at any given time is more likely to be the most vocal.

Out of the interest of proof that the people always ask for whenever someone mentions the game is dieing ... where you getting your 100's of thousands figure from exactly? IMO it feels more 100K probably, 200 maybe ... to have 200 ( 100's being plural thus need more than one ) as your "at least" seems a bit of stretch to me at least.

Out of the interest of proof that the people always ask for whenever someone mentions the game is dieing ... where you getting your 100's of thousands figure from exactly? IMO it feels more 100K probably, 200 maybe ... to have 200 ( 100's being plural thus need more than one ) as your "at least" seems a bit of stretch to me at least.

Sure thing -- so in Oct-Dec 2015, they said they hit their highest subscriber level in three years. Three years prior would have been late 2012, when the game was in its infamous post-launch decline. We know the subscriber number dropped below 1 million subs by July 2012, (about three-and-a-half years prior to their 'highest in three years' announcement) but after F2P launched the number "stabilized" at just under 500,000 by May 2013 (about two-and-a-half years prior to the 'three years' announcement).

Therefore, we know subscribers were already below a million by July 2012, we know that 500,000 was where the subscribers 'stabilized' at the end of that decline by May 2013, and they said that in Oct-Dec their subscriber numbers were back up to the highest they've been since sometime in between those two, but for the sake of discussion we'll put the subscriber count at the low end of that range, ~500,000 subscribers, five months ago (which isn't counting in all the additional players who are F2P or preferred).

We haven't had any announcements on player numbers since then (all we know is that "extra content" revenue is up for Jan-Mar), but if subscribers alone were around 500,000 then even completely ignoring F2P and Preferred players, it would have required a 60% drop-off to get below 200,000 (for the plural). I don't think that more than half of the players have left this game in the past five months alone (plus I don't think the number of F2P and Preferred is actually negligible - I'm just leaving them out because they're an unknown).

So, that on its own is my basis for why I find it most plausible that we have hundreds of thousands of players. Factoring in the F2P and preferred players would take a lot more guesswork, so I wouldn't want to rely on that.

...but if I did, my best guess about it would be something along these lines: in Aug 2014 the combined total had more than a million playing each month (time stamp 0:50 on the video). If the number of subscribers had stayed at 500,000 since the May 2013 announcement 15 months prior, then that would mean the ratio was about 1-to-1. If the number of subscribers had dropped during those 15 months, then hitting 1 million in Aug 2014 would have meant there were more non-subscribers than subscribers playing.

Now maybe non-subscribers have left in droves since then, but if there is still even a 1-to-1 ratio of subscribers to non-subscriber players, then that would mean there had been about 1,000,000 players in Oct-Dec, and the necessary drop-off would have to be closer to 80% of players leaving in the past five months in order to dip below 200,000.

Edited by DarthDymond

Sure thing -- so in Oct-Dec 2015, they said they hit their highest subscriber level in three years. Three years prior would have been late 2012, when the game was in its infamous post-launch decline. We know the subscriber number dropped below 1 million subs by July 2012, (about three-and-a-half years prior to their 'highest in three years' announcement) but after F2P launched the number "stabilized" at just under 500,000 by May 2013 (about two-and-a-half years prior to the 'three years' announcement).

Therefore, we know subscribers were already below a million by July 2012, we know that 500,000 was where the subscribers 'stabilized' at the end of that decline by May 2013, and they said that in Oct-Dec their subscriber numbers were back up to the highest they've been since sometime in between those two, but for the sake of discussion we'll put the subscriber count at the low end of that range, ~500,000 subscribers, five months ago (which isn't counting in all the additional players who are F2P or preferred).

We haven't had any announcements on player numbers since then (all we know is that "extra content" revenue is up for Jan-Mar), but if subscribers alone were around 500,000 then even completely ignoring F2P and Preferred players, it would have required a 60% drop-off to get below 200,000 (for the plural). I don't think that more than half of the players have left this game in the past five months alone (plus I don't think the number of F2P and Preferred is actually negligible - I'm just leaving them out because they're an unknown).

So, that on its own is my basis for why I find it most plausible that we have hundreds of thousands of players. Factoring in the F2P and preferred players would take a lot more guesswork, so I wouldn't want to rely on that.

...but if I did, my best guess about it would be something along these lines: in Aug 2014 the combined total had more than a million playing each month (time stamp 0:50 on the video). If the number of subscribers had stayed at 500,000 since the May 2013 announcement 15 months prior, then that would mean the ratio was about 1-to-1. If the number of subscribers had dropped during those 15 months, then hitting 1 million in Aug 2014 would have meant there were more non-subscribers than subscribers playing.

Now maybe non-subscribers have left in droves since then, but if there is still even a 1-to-1 ratio of subscribers to non-subscriber players, then that would mean there had been about 1,000,000 players in Oct-Dec, and the necessary drop-off would have to be closer to 80% of players leaving in the past five months in order to dip below 200,000.

That all sounds very plausible and well presented.

I still maintain that the playing base has dropped significantly ( though perhaps not to a low of a level as I had assumed based on your data ) though at least seems to have stabilised to the levels it is at now as opposed to continuing to bleed players though the only data I have to support this really is the torstatus data ( where not a heavy server point recorded since mid February which, if accurate and correct, shows the population is down ).

Anyone with basic knowledge of marketing, knows the numbers for EVERY game are pretty inflated and doctored to always make the game look like it's doing fantastic, i tend to overlook numbers because i don't buy them, ever, for ANY game.

The population of the server i play in rose when kotfe was announced, and stabilized at it's higher number since the game went f2p by January, since then it has been dropping slightly but it's still much higher than it was before the announcement of kotfe, the only time i see anyone worrying about population is a random person usually between 2 and 10 am, sometimes they ask why the server is so dead other time they just flat out say "game is dead lolz" or something similar.

The average player on any server would have no idea how the game is doing outside his server, and unless that server is doing bad, they wouldn't care, because for them, the population of the game is the population of their server.

Let's say that the game is indeed dying, exactly what does posting on the forums accomplish? Does it stop the game from dying somehow? Or is the survival of the game dependent of the vital knowledge of a random forum poster?

I lmao when people post the quarterly reports, to either prove the game is doing great or dying, as if that meant anything relevant to the game, funcom is publicly broke and yet there's zero concern about the future of tsw, for all we know even wildstar whose difficulties are also public, is going to stay around for many more years.

I think it's stupid to tell people to just quit if they are not enjoying the game, i would always tell them to take a break and come back later and check if anything changed towards their preference, but eventually it will be time to say that this game just isn't for you and dedicate your time to something you enjoy, it's not like you will be barred from rejoining if the game does a 180 turn and becomes the perfect game for you, and if the game dies, it dies.

They also complain no matter what the devs do.

If you listen to the forums, the game was the same as EQ and WoW. It was dying a month after it went live.

• 5 months later...
Anyone with basic knowledge of marketing, knows the numbers for EVERY game are pretty inflated and doctored to always make the game look like it's doing fantastic, i tend to overlook numbers because i don't buy them, ever, for ANY game.

I think it's Stupid to tell people to just Quit if they are not enjoying the game, i would always tell them to take a break & come back later & check if anything changed towards their preference, but eventually it will be time to say that this game just isn't for you and dedicate your time to something you enjoy. It's not like you will be barred from rejoining if the game does a 180 turn & becomes the perfect game for you. Also if the game dies, then it Dies.

Yeah indeed IF the Product Does the Turn to Better then always can Return with a smile. Ofc with Swtor it's worse cause of huge In Game Currency Cap Restrictions with F2P & Pref accounts & Such Numb-Brain Restrictions like can't use Enough Hotbars if not giving $ for EA. Clearly worst F2P model ever made on Gaming Industry when it comes to being in MMO market & now Swtor has been Half Mmo for a while :( Can see that $ has risen deep into EW Devs minds after partially Badly made KOTET CGI Trailer maybe brought new sheeps in to give cash for In Game Store. Also after succes with Selling Hk-51 pieces as Sub Reward.. Feel bad for ppl who felt for that.

As for 5.0 Eaware Brings some so called Endgame Elements Behind Paywall. Removing Fp, Ops & other Passes & even removing the Pvp stat & already made it impossible to transfer Pvp Comms between Legacy Members. Few reasons why many ppl are leaving after 5.0 lands. I don't mind the fact that 5.0 brings the RNG Loot system as in Swtor Char Equipping has been way too fast so at least with that it gets more normal paced heh. IF Gaming Spirits would Help a lot & Swtor turned actually Good Mmo where Developers give Love for True Mmo'ers..

After Reduce the Focus on Cartel Market then oh momma more True Mmo'ers be Smiling & Come back. Though ofc Outdated & Glitchy Game-Engine without forgetting at times Horrid Gfx "Copy Paste Scenery etc." Many not Returning or even Coming at all cause of that. As many know that Far easier to upgrade an Engine you designed & Built in House. Swtor's Eaware Crew didn't Technically do that, They took an Alpha Stage Engine & added what they Needed to it.. :(

About Armor Looks & Devs Creativity lvl:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously Brings down the feelz.. For how Ugly the armor mostly is. One of the things I love about WoW that keeps me coming back is getting cool gear to outfit my character. I had none of that feeling in SWTOR, because most of the gear was either bland or absolutely hideous. There were a few cool end-game sets, but most of the items I got were recolors of items I'd been getting for 20+ levels.

This I consider to be a mistake as you are limited by the capabilities of the base engine.

SWTOR is part of the reason I won't buy EA products anymore. At launch everything about it felt "and was" rushed (more so than your average MMO). It made you feel like EA was just trying to cash in on the Star Wars Franchise as Quick as Possible & worry about the Fixes later :( The so called End-Game was & Still Mostly Is a Joke, none of the Fights Were / Are overly challenging, even on Hard mode. Esp. now with Overpowered Healing Comps & Uprisings have the same thing.. Same for ppl who Fool themselves with doing Singleplayer Mode Chapters on Harder Diffiiculty while Healing Mode Companion is active.

Most Prop. means that +10 Skytroopers & ofc doesn't Change Anything when Have Overpowered Healing Comp with u.. Rehashed content a lot for 5.0 & calling that Expansion.. :( Same still applies on late 2016 that there's no actual End-Game & not Much Replay value. One silly Facts is that Eaware brings Difficulty modes for Brainstorm time Singleplayer Mode Chapters. Chapters that have very little replay value & esp. cause of only facing Hordes of Skytroopers & then If lucky u get to Fight against Slightly Tougher Miniboss at End. Ofc none of that Difficulty Lvl means anything cause of Overpowered Healer Companion can be used & no Doubt many Lazymode Fans use them.

Then they Talk about how i Finished Chapter with Higher Difficulty :p New Diff. Idea taken from other Mmo "y it's normal that features r rolled among Mmo's" & implemented with bad way as of using with Silly Singleplayer Mode Chapters.. :( Storytelling part been Good most of the times, but sometimes at normal lvl. Brainstorm moment when think of why Eaware used over 100m$ for Voice Over Payments & then made such Crap Move with using Core a.k.a Game-Engine. Game-Engine is connected to everything & company does such Huge Mistake with so big Franchise Mmo.. :( Maybe Their Masters known as Half Blind EA were reason for that as they did Rush up the Release.

Shame that SWTOR went to Free to Play Model & it did so in Record Time :( That's pretty much it. EW Swtor founding Devs wouldn't have changed the business model so quickly if SWTOR had somehow lived up to expectations. SWTOR may well have been the most expensive video-game / Mmo "Now been Half Mmo For a long time :/" ever made & EA clearly had great Ambitions for it. They Failed to meet these Ambitions. The whole emphasis on Story & Narrative was probably the Biggest Design mistake in SWTOR as it left other, more important Aspects of the game, without much Needed Attention :( Same has applied for years & still kinda Does. I mean Everything but the Story was barely "good enough" in SWTOR & the crappy Engine with the long Load-Times, Glitches with Environment & others, & Sluggish Combat didn't help either :(

About Bad Decision to Create Fleet Hub & that way Reduce ppl staying outside in Galaxy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eaware spent too much Money trying to be create Swtor to be like WoW & wasted a grand opportunity to really exploit the setting & put everything behind their Narrative. Coruscant & Dromund Kaas should be Lively Hubs given the amount of work that was put in to given them that awesome Sense of Scale, but EaWare designed the Fleets to keep everyone off-planet, because... I don't know why. It's a lot of little things like that. Oh & not so much of work for Dromund Kaas when it comes to Buildings design as most of them are made of same layout so it's basically Lazy Copy Paste creation. Same buildings design "u know if look close enough" in Tatooine & Dromund Kaas. Same kind of Background Design was used in Alderaan.. Copy Paste :/

True sad background from Early Swtor Days:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a LOT of Bad Crap going on at EA/Mythic/Bioware "Had turned to Eaware" at the time of Swtor's development. Read up on EA Louse: http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/ea-artist-soon-to-be-laid-off-burns-ea-management-2803 His story has been confirmed by several Bioware and Mythic people, and he accurately predicted the SWTOR cluster****. That's why this game doesn't know who it is for. That's why WAR crashed. That's why DAoC is being auctioned off to an oil snake salesman. EA has the worst MMO reputation out there.

MMOs thrive on SOCIALIZING & seeing a world & other players. Swtor don't have much of that. Unfortunately Swtor isn't for people who like MMOs, as its a terrible MMO & esp. now been for a long time since 4.0 patch when it was turned to Semi MMO. Also it's not for Singleplayer RPG fans, because its a lackluster singleplayer game & shameful job by devs to Create Singleplayer Mode Chapters & then dare to ask for Monthly Sub to access them. Star Wars Galaxies was the MMO for Star Wars Fans <3 Good that there's SWG EMU out there for the True SW Mmo fans. It's Sad to see to how EW is cashing in with Swtor's In Game Store "Dress Up Store" with help of one of Biggest Fantasy Franchises on the Planet :/

Remember the "awesome" decision trees in some Mission like: ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NPC: "I need you to kill 10 Jawas."

Me: "Jawas are cute."

NPC: "Maybe so, but they must die."

NPC: "You can find them near the destroyed sandcrawler."

or,

Me: "I hate those guys!"

NPC: "Glad you see it my way."

^^ Hehehe :( Simplicity Design on it's truest form :p

Kind Regards: Gamer Who dislikes if Devs Simplify the Content no matter the Area if it's Instanced or Not. Also Veteran Subber who also supported with buying CC's for few times still in 2015. Sub automatic renewal turned Off in December 2016 cause of shameful approach for "expansion" Pst. Singleplayer Mode Chapters still are not Content. Like one Developer said in Semi Expansion known as Kotet Livestream.

Ah, bugger off - is the game dying again? My hard drive is going to get ruined having to keep uninstalling this every time it's dying.

If my HDD won't die from the constant write / delete of huge Fraps files, neither will yours from a simple install / uninstall several times a year. Come on, it's a tough piece of metal! It'll survive.

As for OP: Entropy and Atrophy are the natural way all things go to(or rather through). So, I naturally expect that SWTOR will go that way. More? We'll see(there'll be more, trust me).

Yeah indeed IF the Product Does the Turn to Better then always can Return with a smile. Ofc with Swtor it's worse cause of huge In Game Currency Cap Restrictions with F2P & Pref accounts & Such Numb-Brain Restrictions like can't use Enough Hotbars if not giving $ for EA. Clearly worst F2P model ever made on Gaming Industry when it comes to being in MMO market & now Swtor has been Half Mmo for a while :( Can see that $ has risen deep into EW Devs minds after partially Badly made KOTET CGI Trailer maybe brought new sheeps in to give cash for In Game Store. Also after succes with Selling Hk-51 pieces as Sub Reward.. Feel bad for ppl who felt for that.

As for 5.0 Eaware Brings some so called Endgame Elements Behind Paywall. Removing Fp, Ops & other Passes & even removing the Pvp stat & already made it impossible to transfer Pvp Comms between Legacy Members. Few reasons why many ppl are leaving after 5.0 lands. I don't mind the fact that 5.0 brings the RNG Loot system as in Swtor Char Equipping has been way too fast so at least with that it gets more normal paced heh. IF Gaming Spirits would Help a lot & Swtor turned actually Good Mmo where Developers give Love for True Mmo'ers..

After Reduce the Focus on Cartel Market then oh momma more True Mmo'ers be Smiling & Come back. Though ofc Outdated & Glitchy Game-Engine without forgetting at times Horrid Gfx "Copy Paste Scenery etc." Many not Returning or even Coming at all cause of that. As many know that Far easier to upgrade an Engine you designed & Built in House. Swtor's Eaware Crew didn't Technically do that, They took an Alpha Stage Engine & added what they Needed to it.. :(

About Armor Looks & Devs Creativity lvl:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously Brings down the feelz.. For how Ugly the armor mostly is. One of the things I love about WoW that keeps me coming back is getting cool gear to outfit my character. I had none of that feeling in SWTOR, because most of the gear was either bland or absolutely hideous. There were a few cool end-game sets, but most of the items I got were recolors of items I'd been getting for 20+ levels.

This I consider to be a mistake as you are limited by the capabilities of the base engine.

SWTOR is part of the reason I won't buy EA products anymore. At launch everything about it felt "and was" rushed (more so than your average MMO). It made you feel like EA was just trying to cash in on the Star Wars Franchise as Quick as Possible & worry about the Fixes later :( The so called End-Game was & Still Mostly Is a Joke, none of the Fights Were / Are overly challenging, even on Hard mode. Esp. now with Overpowered Healing Comps & Uprisings have the same thing.. Same for ppl who Fool themselves with doing Singleplayer Mode Chapters on Harder Diffiiculty while Healing Mode Companion is active.

Most Prop. means that +10 Skytroopers & ofc doesn't Change Anything when Have Overpowered Healing Comp with u.. Rehashed content a lot for 5.0 & calling that Expansion.. :( Same still applies on late 2016 that there's no actual End-Game & not Much Replay value. One silly Facts is that Eaware brings Difficulty modes for Brainstorm time Singleplayer Mode Chapters. Chapters that have very little replay value & esp. cause of only facing Hordes of Skytroopers & then If lucky u get to Fight against Slightly Tougher Miniboss at End. Ofc none of that Difficulty Lvl means anything cause of Overpowered Healer Companion can be used & no Doubt many Lazymode Fans use them.

Then they Talk about how i Finished Chapter with Higher Difficulty :p New Diff. Idea taken from other Mmo "y it's normal that features r rolled among Mmo's" & implemented with bad way as of using with Silly Singleplayer Mode Chapters.. :( Storytelling part been Good most of the times, but sometimes at normal lvl. Brainstorm moment when think of why Eaware used over 100m$ for Voice Over Payments & then made such Crap Move with using Core a.k.a Game-Engine. Game-Engine is connected to everything & company does such Huge Mistake with so big Franchise Mmo.. :( Maybe Their Masters known as Half Blind EA were reason for that as they did Rush up the Release.

Shame that SWTOR went to Free to Play Model & it did so in Record Time :( That's pretty much it. EW Swtor founding Devs wouldn't have changed the business model so quickly if SWTOR had somehow lived up to expectations. SWTOR may well have been the most expensive video-game / Mmo "Now been Half Mmo For a long time :/" ever made & EA clearly had great Ambitions for it. They Failed to meet these Ambitions. The whole emphasis on Story & Narrative was probably the Biggest Design mistake in SWTOR as it left other, more important Aspects of the game, without much Needed Attention :( Same has applied for years & still kinda Does. I mean Everything but the Story was barely "good enough" in SWTOR & the crappy Engine with the long Load-Times, Glitches with Environment & others, & Sluggish Combat didn't help either :(

About Bad Decision to Create Fleet Hub & that way Reduce ppl staying outside in Galaxy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eaware spent too much Money trying to be create Swtor to be like WoW & wasted a grand opportunity to really exploit the setting & put everything behind their Narrative. Coruscant & Dromund Kaas should be Lively Hubs given the amount of work that was put in to given them that awesome Sense of Scale, but EaWare designed the Fleets to keep everyone off-planet, because... I don't know why. It's a lot of little things like that. Oh & not so much of work for Dromund Kaas when it comes to Buildings design as most of them are made of same layout so it's basically Lazy Copy Paste creation. Same buildings design "u know if look close enough" in Tatooine & Dromund Kaas. Same kind of Background Design was used in Alderaan.. Copy Paste :/

True sad background from Early Swtor Days:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a LOT of Bad Crap going on at EA/Mythic/Bioware "Had turned to Eaware" at the time of Swtor's development. Read up on EA Louse: http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/ea-artist-soon-to-be-laid-off-burns-ea-management-2803 His story has been confirmed by several Bioware and Mythic people, and he accurately predicted the SWTOR cluster****. That's why this game doesn't know who it is for. That's why WAR crashed. That's why DAoC is being auctioned off to an oil snake salesman. EA has the worst MMO reputation out there.

MMOs thrive on SOCIALIZING & seeing a world & other players. Swtor don't have much of that. Unfortunately Swtor isn't for people who like MMOs, as its a terrible MMO & esp. now been for a long time since 4.0 patch when it was turned to Semi MMO. Also it's not for Singleplayer RPG fans, because its a lackluster singleplayer game & shameful job by devs to Create Singleplayer Mode Chapters & then dare to ask for Monthly Sub to access them. Star Wars Galaxies was the MMO for Star Wars Fans <3 Good that there's SWG EMU out there for the True SW Mmo fans. It's Sad to see to how EW is cashing in with Swtor's In Game Store "Dress Up Store" with help of one of Biggest Fantasy Franchises on the Planet :/

Remember the "awesome" decision trees in some Mission like: ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me: "Jawas are cute."

NPC: "Maybe so, but they must die."

or,

Me: "I hate those guys!"

NPC: "Glad you see it my way."

^^ Hehehe :( Simplicity Design on it's truest form :p

Kind Regards: Gamer Who dislikes if Devs Simplify the Content no matter the Area if it's Instanced or Not. Also Veteran Subber who also supported with buying CC's for few times still in 2015. Sub automatic renewal turned Off in December 2016 cause of shameful approach for "expansion" Pst. Singleplayer Mode Chapters still are not Content. Like one Developer said in Semi Expansion known as Kotet Livestream.

awesome post that truely shows how awful the devs are and how this game is on it's last legs. really swtor should be a great game to look at to see what not to do with an mmo.

if people want story they will go play a single player rpg. mmo players want end game group content thats hard and takes team work to get done.