Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The New Galaxy Map

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BenKatarn
04.06.2017 , 10:47 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
No, it's more than that...it's a new way to quick travel from anywhere.
So what's the point of even having a starship?

Besides, there's still a lot of quests in the game that require you to travel to locations from and to your starship that don't advance the mission step if you do it by other means.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

masterceil
04.06.2017 , 10:53 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
So what's the point of even having a starship?
Well, for one thing...
Besides, there's still a lot of quests in the game that require you to travel to locations from and to your starship that don't advance the mission step if you do it by other means.
Hey look, someone already answered you!

Also, I prefer to do my dummy parsing in private, on my ship. I'm sure other people enjoy their GTN kiosks there as well.
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

mike_carton
04.06.2017 , 10:53 AM | #23
Thank you, Quality of Life improvements will always win you goodwill. One question though. What hasn't been mentioned explicitly is a scenario like the following:

I'm on Tatooine, in the Dune Sea. I bring up the galaxy map, pick Alderaan and end up somewhere on Alderaan without any other intermediate steps.

Is the above a possibility now?
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.
Click this SWTOR link to create an account or log in and we both earn rewards (7-day Free Subscription, 1 Free Server Transfer, Free JumpStart or Preferred Bundles).

Andryah
04.06.2017 , 10:56 AM | #24
This is a great QoL change for the game in my view.

/hoping it goes live bug free.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

Ottoattack
04.06.2017 , 10:57 AM | #25
Good QOL.

Andryah
04.06.2017 , 11:00 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
Thank you, Quality of Life improvements will always win you goodwill. One question though. What hasn't been mentioned explicitly is a scenario like the following:

I'm on Tatooine, in the Dune Sea. I bring up the galaxy map, pick Alderaan and end up somewhere on Alderaan without any other intermediate steps.

Is the above a possibility now?
My guess is you will end up at the space port on Alderaan, standing next to the quick travel point there. It sounds like they have streamlined a lot of travel that used to require you actually entering your ship and clicking to travel, deorbit, etc. etc.

Keep in mind, in 4.0 they made it so that all quick travel as well as speeder points, not to mention all speeder travel routes are unlocked as soon as you set foot on a planet now. So no matter where you materialize, you should be able to easily move to where you want/need to be.

As others have mentioned.. I hope they finally get rid of all areas where quick travel is disabled.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

BenKatarn
04.06.2017 , 11:08 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by masterceil View Post
Hey look, someone already answered you!
My point is that they introduce a new "vehicle" of travel that certainly have a lot of people go "Aww man, I travelled to planet X using the new galaxy map, but I have to travel here with my ship to advance the quest?", one way or another. To me, this looks like it would only make sense to use it when you are already done with class mission stuff or anything else that you need to do or start on your starship.

Quote:
Also, I prefer to do my dummy parsing in private, on my ship. I'm sure other people enjoy their GTN kiosks there as well.
If they ever figured out how to put training dummies as decorations in the game, player starships would literally cease to matter I'd wager...
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

casirabit
04.06.2017 , 11:16 AM | #28
I think this is good now I can travel anywhere without having to go to the starport so thank you for this.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

IanArgent
04.06.2017 , 11:16 AM | #29
All the missions that require you to use your starship say "Use your starship to travel to..." Many (not all) do that to properly trigger shipboard holo calls or make sure you enter the orbital station/starport for critical-path encounters.
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

TUXs
04.06.2017 , 11:18 AM | #30
To me, this looks like it would only make sense to use it when you are already done with class mission stuff or anything else that you need to do or start on your starship.
I stopped needing my starship over 5 years ago...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)