Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The New Galaxy Map

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

IanArgent
04.20.2017 , 05:38 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Raiida View Post
That is not entirely true. There were some class- or quest-specific locations that were not one-time only. They were still present on the old map and you could always return to those. On the new map they don't show anymore.
OK, I forgot that one, because other than the Theoretika, I never had any urge to revisit those quest locations. And even the Theoretika isn't that interesting after the quest is complete.

Also, the planetary details of the old map listed all open quests for the selected planet and the tooltip listed them as well when hovering the mouse over that planet on the zone map. That was also removed.
My open quests show on the galaxy map - the planets are careted with the standard quest marker triangles, and hovering the mouse over the planet shows the list of active quests there. I just doublechecked that - here's the screenshot - https://goo.gl/photos/YMESJnuYjo4UNYpb9 - map is fully zoomed out. Note that I don't have any missions untracked in my log - I believe untracking them will remove them from the map. I'm not currently grouped, so I don't see my group's missions.
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

Xandramos
04.20.2017 , 08:14 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
I really like the new galaxy map. Nice and big, easy to navigate. Well done!
The force is strong with this one...
"No joke about the most famous Corellian being named 'Solo' because no Corellian will trust another Corellian?"
―Corran Horn
For Free stuff: http://www.swtor.com/r/DVCyCY

Raiida
04.21.2017 , 06:51 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by IanArgent View Post
Note that I don't have any missions untracked in my log - I believe untracking them will remove them from the map.
Ok, that makes sense because I untrack missions that I don't want to show up on the Interface. I kinda like to choose what missions I want to actively keep track of. The nice thing about the old galaxy map was that it reminded me of what else was active on that planet whether it was currently tracked or not. I definitely liked the old version of this feature better, but at least I know about it now.

Thanks for pointing it out.

IanArgent
04.21.2017 , 08:03 AM | #124
Ok, that makes sense because I untrack missions that I don't want to show up on the Interface. I kinda like to choose what missions I want to actively keep track of. The nice thing about the old galaxy map was that it reminded me of what else was active on that planet whether it was currently tracked or not. I definitely liked the old version of this feature better, but at least I know about it now.

Thanks for pointing it out.
Brings it into line with the other maps in the game - if you've untracked missions, you don't see the markers on planet maps (IIRC anyway, I haven't been in a situation to check recently).

I was wrong about one thing, it doesn't caret the individual space missions in an "Operation." That's rather annoying, but at least you have the mission log overlay now, so you can see what's up there.

I try and keep my tracked missions down to a mild roar myself - that character is unusual for having a ton of heroics undone, and thus a lot of tracked missions.
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't