About the recent changes to Curative Agent...

validatio

Does this mean it's viable as a utility now that the old Kolto Infusion has been rolled into it? I can see the pvp off-healing/self healing benefits especially if it's a lethality operative doing it but how will this apply to PVE? It could be a great way to alleviate pressure on your healers by topping yourself up during certain mechanics/transitions. Or it can be used as a pseudo defensive cooldown due to it's synergy with Fortified Kolto and Chem Resistant Inlays. And, if you throw Nanotech Suit on top of that then it could in theory give you a serious "Oh Sh*t" button if you get caught out by a boss' AoE attack. Edited by validatio

You still have about 1.3 sec casting time with 1800 alacrity - so a rather long "oh **** button", if that is you aren't interrupted before casting it. And I never had a crit that was more than 27k (which is interesting because before patch i could with all the relic procs + recuperative nanotech crit for about the same amount plus the hot)

So the better choice for "oh **** situations" will be probably the 30% shield increase ;P

Dunno if there is a special situation where that really is/will be useful, but as for now I wouldn't waste an utility point on something that only works "maybe" and with delay.

You still have about 1.3 sec casting time with 1800 alacrity - so a rather long "oh **** button", if that is you aren't interrupted before casting it..

It's a free instant cast for Lethality, every 10 seconds. ;)

Not worth the utility pre 5.5, but now it's a nice offheal-buff.

I'm not sure if it's even worth it for Lethality, it's important to note that the instant healing done by Infusion will go down when you take the hot on it. Mostly as a dps having a bit of burst Self healing to recover quickly is probably better than a hot. And I'd say the bonus to shield and revitalizers are probably more useful defensive boosts anyways

It's a free instant cast for Lethality, every 10 seconds. ;)

It also chews up two GCD's, one for the roll + one for the heal itself.

Useful under certain circumstances, for sure, but it's a dps loss otherwise.

If the roll-proc'd Kolto Infusion was off the GCD it would be more useful, but it isn't, sadly.

Actually I reconsidered, I'd still advise any medicine op who isn't really sure of their dcds and when/how to use them to take the 30% shield perk. But if you can manage to stay mobile most of the time and be aware of your surroundings (LOS and stuff) it actually makes sense to take it (in medicine spec) - the burst is laughable at best, but getting the standard injection back is far better than the new one. Just pains me to use 1 skillpoint to get something back I had before anyway.

If you ask me that "burst buff" was also a nerf they just presented it as "beneficial" so we don't see only "everything got reduced, because we can" - would be happier if I'd still have the old injection along with the hot/TA nerfes...

I wouldn't recommend taking it over augmented shields, if you feel you need to take curative agent, I'd suggest taking augmented shields and curative agent I'm the legendary tier.

In my opinion augmented shields is one of the best legendary tier utilities available to Operatives. Adding another 30% shield to your 30s (25s with utility) dcd is pretty amazing. Can really make a significant difference to damage taken if you know when to use it to mitigate big hits.

I wouldn't recommend taking it over augmented shields, if you feel you need to take curative agent, I'd suggest taking augmented shields and curative agent I'm the legendary tier.

In my opinion augmented shields is one of the best legendary tier utilities available to Operatives. Adding another 30% shield to your 30s (25s with utility) dcd is pretty amazing. Can really make a significant difference to damage taken if you know when to use it to mitigate big hits.

Yeah that's why I don't like it to waste an utility point for something we had before, I know it's a very good ability, but Revitalizers gives you 5% HP every 3 sec and reduces damage by 20% - which is basically another dcd which I had to give up on.

Since I already have the shield but with less damage absorbtion, Revitalizers is more important to me tbh.

Yeah that's why I don't like it to waste an utility point for something we had before, I know it's a very good ability, but Revitalizers gives you 5% HP every 3 sec and reduces damage by 20% - which is basically another dcd which I had to give up on.

Since I already have the shield but with less damage absorbtion, Revitalizers is more important to me tbh.

True, but I find that when I need to use Stim Boost to burst heal, that doesn't necessarily coincide with when I need the defense boost from Stim Boost. Add to that the fact that Shield Probe has a cooldown of 25 seconds while Stim Boost has cooldown of 2 minutes (though to be fair alac will reduce it to somewhere between 1 min 45s and 1 min 30s) and there's hardly a contest between the two utilities to me. That said I don't really take Curative Agent anyways, considering I used to take it when it swapped Kolto Infusion around the other way. I much prefer the burstier Infusion, as it makes for a much better burst heal that way, while also being a lot less susceptible to overhealing when using it on a target that won't be taking constant damage for 9 seconds.

But if I would take it, I'd probably drop Revitalizers and not Augmented Shields.

Edited by AdjeYo

I still wouldn't take it for Lethality.

4s dodge reflect & -10s holotravers FTW

It depends the playstyle. I've seen a Lethality operative in solo ranked who was off-healing whenever it could, rendering the match extremely difficult due to its offheal and the sin tank with him. The off-heal bonus is a strong add if you know/want to use it well or often. Still, you're right, holotraverse ftw :rak_03: