Shroud of memory

deserttfoxx

Just so i have this right, i had to be subbed for a few months a few years ago in order to get this chapter? No open to pay extra to buy it, or acquire it in any other way. As a returning player who didnt know this rules i will never be able to finish knights of the fallen empires story.

What a disgusting business practice.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prepare for some backlash.....

This has been hashed and rehashed along with other subscriber rewards. Some get pretty butt hurt when people suggest they might loose there special status. I'm for it, it has been "recognized" as a want by players from the developers but no official "stance" on the idea.

Good Luck,

Ashur

Just so i have this right, i had to be subbed for a few months a few years ago in order to get this chapter? No open to pay extra to buy it, or acquire it in any other way. As a returning player who didnt know this rules i will never be able to finish knights of the fallen empires story.

It's a side story that is not part of the main story and therefore is not required to complete the fall enjoy empire story.

But it does complete the Shroud mini-story, correct?

Not really - it was already wrapped up. In the same way the Revan storyline has been wrapped up about 12 times now, but somehow he keeps coming back to add more on, this added a non-essential epilogue, with zero replayability.

If you really feel you need this in your life, just watch the youtube video of the story and then carry on.

As a returning player who didnt know this rules i will never be able to finish knights of the fallen empires story.

Why would you even write such a completely wrong statement? If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk.

"Disgusting", eh? Care to elaborate how this is "disgusting"?

Imagine that someone drills a hole in your knee and then fills milk inside. Disgusting.

Offering a bonus perks to people who pay and support a game? NOT disgusting.

I'm all for them re-releasing the HK 55 bonus chapter... i only played it once when it came out. maybe they can make the same loyalty tenure they did with the bonus chapter, stay subbed from x month to x month

Edited by ThomasStarWars

I'm all for them re-releasing the HK 55 bonus chapter... i only played it once when it came out. maybe they can make the same loyalty tenure they did with the bonus chapter, stay subbed from x month to x month

And what happens when the people miss THAT period? Will we run it a third, fourth, and fifth time?

Correct it wraps up the macrobinoculars story but it's not part of the main KotFE or KotET story.

Since I haven't bothered doing that due to the impossibility of getting a group for the group bit, I had no clue who/what the shroud was. To the OP - you are missing nothing by not having access to the story. It was a bit of fun for me the first time, now it's just an obnoxious chore to be completed as fast as possible on alts to get the x10 tech gifts...

I guess, why not?

Or...... (and bear with me here, cause this is a little controversial) ..... or...... they could NOT waste resources to bring this back, people could go watch the 5 minute youtube video that shows the story, and we can instead demand some NEW stuff that would earn our money, instead of getting old stuff that has absolutely no replayability.

Yeah, controversial.

Or...... (and bear with me here, cause this is a little controversial) ..... or...... they could NOT waste resources to bring this back, people could go watch the 5 minute youtube video that shows the story, and we can instead demand some NEW stuff that would earn our money, instead of getting old stuff that has absolutely no replayability.

Yeah, controversial.

From the point of view of those who don't have it, it would come under 'new content' for them, that and they could probably make money from it with less effort.

Or...... (and bear with me here, cause this is a little controversial) ..... or...... they could NOT waste resources to bring this back.

Excuse me, but what resources? The content is already there, just locked to some people. Making it available again costs BW as much as bringing back the Chiss speeder from Nvidia promo.

It was a fun chapter -- but not essential to the main story ----

I have missed lots of good things in the game --- I survived ....

Now I don't really care if folks gripe, and complain, and get it -- or not ---- but I don't understand all this anger over a sub reward .... I've missed a ton of them, ( LvD in particular); and I got over it

Edited by Tashia

i just watched it on youtube.. pretty short and not that great.. i suggest yall do the same instead of crying about missing out on a limited time subscriber event because you werent paying enough attention. :rolleyes: Thats not fair to the people who actually paid attention now is it? you shouldnt be rewarded for stupidity or excuses. Edited by SaerethDL

From the point of view of those who don't have it, it would come under 'new content' for them, that and they could probably make money from it with less effort.

So.....the couple of hundred people who want this get something they could have just spent 5 minutes watching on youtube, and everyone else gets nothing? Tuxs, what was it you were you saying about being in maintenance mode?

And who would waste money on a single 10 minute quest with no replayability? I'm sure Bioware will be just swimming in funds after that - it'll probably be enough money to have them put on a second team to work on replacing the Hero engine. :rolleyes:

So.....the couple of hundred people who want this get something they could have just spent 5 minutes watching on youtube, and everyone else gets nothing? Tuxs, what was it you were you saying about being in maintenance mode?

And who would waste money on a single 10 minute quest with no replayability? I'm sure Bioware will be just swimming in funds after that - it'll probably be enough money to have them put on a second team to work on replacing the Hero engine. :rolleyes:

I've got it, I really don't mind if they re-release it for those who missed it, it's short as you say, funny at moments, overall a 'meh' but again, I'm not concerned if they open it up again.

Well, there's a perfect explanation in said chapter for how you could get a HK-47 companion. I don't know, tempt those who already have it with that?

Excuse me, but what resources? The content is already there, just locked to some people. Making it available again costs BW as much as bringing back the Chiss speeder from Nvidia promo.

This. Everyone who wishes good to this game and BW in general and thinks this through will not mind if some of those companions which were given before as sub rewards would be obtainable again through the cartel market as a way for this game and the studio itself to earn more money from which this game could be further supported instead of them being just a content on which BW did spend development resources on and a lot of effort but for which it doesn't earn anything anymore.

Also as I see it some of those companions like Shae Vizla and HK 55 are an important part of the SWTOR story and its not really fair towards the new players that they aren't offered a way on which they would be able to obtain them.

Edited by Lunablade

While I am normally understanding when someone misses something, but when someone actually makes a comment about a chapter that has nothing to do with finishing the fallen empire story, I am less understanding. Be sure to get the facts straight before you post something like this.

Edited by casirabit

It isn't a chapter. It's a glorified alert. It isn't essential to the story. Nothing you do in it has ANY effect on KOTFE, nor is it any way essential you do it to continue in KOTFE.

I do it solely to get the decoration that I get from it personally. Btw, you forgot to complain that you can't get Arma Rasa either, which is a predicate to Shroud of Memory and ALSO has no effect on the storyline of KOTFE.

Edited by Kyrra_T

Not really - it was already wrapped up. In the same way the Revan storyline has been wrapped up about 12 times now, but somehow he keeps coming back to add more on, this added a non-essential epilogue, with zero replayability.

If you really feel you need this in your life, just watch the youtube video of the story and then carry on.

You obviously were fortunate enough to have subbed during the promo that rewarded that bonus chapter, otherwise you would know that that chapter allows you to revive HK-55 so that he can be revived as a companion character beyond the story.

In my case, I did not have a pc that could support even the minimum specs of SWtOR during that time, so I for one would love the opportunity to be allowed to play that chapter, even if I would have to pay a little extra in CC to gain that access.