Sunglasses...

Vorpaledged

I'd like to request a pair of Sunglasses for a future Cartel Pack. Something not bulky like Ray Bans or Oakleys, they can be black or colored lenses. If they thought a toothpick was a cool idea then Sunglasses would be another!

Ray Ban example:

http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/sunglasses/RB3194-rb3194-black/805289044345

Oakley example:

http://www.oakley.com/products/2111/6204

They could be named Advanced Spectacles or something with Goggles in it.

Edited by Vorpaledged

I don't want to be a Cyborg, I want a pair of cool looking Sunglasses :cool: that my characters can wear, to protect my retinas, since we have like 3 suns lol. I don't think is too tough of a request as there are similar but very thick goggles and to be honest it looks like you are wearing the first pair of 3D-Interactive glasses from our timeline, dorky! Edited by Vorpaledged

There is already some. Gunslingers and Sentinels can use them.

In addition to this, try the Thermal Regulation goggles, or yeah, even the cyborg species lol.

The OP is asking for some sunglasses which aren't class or species specific. Besides, the Gunslinger glasses have that daft looking thick band around the back of the head and the Thermal Retention / Polar Goggles are just that .... goggles, not sunglasses.

I would think some stylish sunglasses would be popular on the CM, seems strange they've not added any.

• 4 weeks later...
Actual spectacles would be good.

Yea i'm all for new headgear that takes away for the completely masked/hooded look or massive helm. Seems like majority of the players in the game has their faces covered. maybe if we had cooler tats, shades, scars, makeup, etc would take away from the reven-esque/ vader-like appearance we've all taken on.

don't ask me why i care. idk. lol.

Edited by jaytdasme

Yea i'm all for new headgear that takes away for the completely masked/hooded look or massive helm. Seems like majority of the players in the game has their faces covered. maybe if we had cooler tats, shades, scars, makeup, etc would take away from the reven-esque/ vader-like appearance we've all taken on.

don't ask me why i care. idk. lol.

Well, a 'little or no work' solution for them there, would be to market a tattoo unlock to allow SW and BH tattoos to be available to other classes and races, and a scar unlock to allow SI's unique branding scars that nobody uses to be available to other classes, and indeed to let human SIs use normal scars if they wanted.

• 8 months later...

I'd like to add my vote for sunglasses and just plain glasses. They were one of my favourite fashion items in Guild Wars (1).

I suspect there may be a problem with the game engine though. All the eye-wear currently in the game covers the entire eye area like goggles.

There is a miraluka and cyborg eye option that is two small rectangles that cover the eyes with bands attached at the sides, altering those to have the rectangular parts be clear or tinted glass is a possibility...

That could be problematic, I'm not certain.What you describe is actually part of the Miraluka's head model rather than being one of the veil models, if you check from certain angles it's actually visible *under* the other veils as well.

I'm not sure where/how it would fit, on an avatar with eyes, since on a Miraluka it's not 'in front of' eyeballs, the Miraluka model doesn't actually have any eyeballs, as can be seen when going into stealth- on other classes, the outline of the eyeballs can be (rather grotesquely) still seen inside the transparent outline of the head. So I'm unsure if the front of the eyes would poke out through those eye shields, on members of another species.

The various "Efficiency Scanners" are attached to the eye area of the head and over it without complete coverage, so I don't think it's an engine problem, that we don't have these things.

I suppose it could be "lore" related, I'm not sure if any character actually has worn spectacles or sunglasses in the SW universe so far, but even if not, I don't see how it could be lore-*breaking* for one to do so.

Cartel and adaptive armour has given us so much progress, in moving our characters away from the cookie-cutter "Quick identification silhouette" models the game forced us down at launch... c'mon, just this little bit further and my 'slinger can have the half-moon reading glasses I wanted her to have since I rolled.