I want to see new classes so bad

engohyde

Given that it's well-known, no matter which game you are talking about, that balancing classes is hard, the more classes you have, the harder that job becomes.

A new class that was added as if it is a new Advanced class (e.g. a techblade/techstaff Trooper) would at least mitigate the "no budget for new stories" problem. (New class stories are costly because they require twelve voice actors per class you add - three languages, two sexes, and two factions, plus the work of writers, translators, and so on.)

Or you make it even worse by adding a new faction or some such nonsense, and four class-pairs that correspond to the four existing class-pairs per faction. But that's even more expensive, because all that Republic/Empire stuff that already exists would need to be redone to include the new faction. (Think: what does it sound like if you play a Newfaction character, and Lana tells you all about the Republic and the Empire but never mentions the Newfaction, in the swamp on Zakuul.)

So while it would be interesting, i think overall that it's a non-starter.

Given that it's well-known, no matter which game you are talking about, that balancing classes is hard, the more classes you have, the harder that job becomes.

A new class that was added as if it is a new Advanced class (e.g. a techblade/techstaff Trooper) would at least mitigate the "no budget for new stories" problem. (New class stories are costly because they require twelve voice actors per class you add - three languages, two sexes, and two factions, plus the work of writers, translators, and so on.)

Or you make it even worse by adding a new faction or some such nonsense, and four class-pairs that correspond to the four existing class-pairs per faction. But that's even more expensive, because all that Republic/Empire stuff that already exists would need to be redone to include the new faction. (Think: what does it sound like if you play a Newfaction character, and Lana tells you all about the Republic and the Empire but never mentions the Newfaction, in the swamp on Zakuul.)

So while it would be interesting, i think overall that it's a non-starter.

I agree with a new Class being harder to balance on top what we have already. We do not need a New Class, especially when they cant balance the old ones.

I think i seen someone say this so i wont take credit for this idea.

Perhaps taking the worst classes we have. I know every one has what they think is the worst ones but with that part left out for now. Lets say, taking the advance Power Tech class, which is a range class. Lets turn that class into a Hybrid Class. The Advance Power Tech that is a range class, or Since they can use a knife at close range. why not make it a sword, or since we all have legacy Powers, most of those powers, being force powers. Why not a light saber as well at close range. Now i would imagine this would take the highest range damage attach to become less damage to balance out the close range combat with melee weapon, so If you will, a balancing of damage between range and close combat. So there fore not to be, Overly Powerful.

Thats just 1 example.

Now another, Lets say trooper (not saying its the worst class, just example) Range Canon class but Hybrid trooper at close range could switch to a melee weapon, lets say for a limited time he can use a melee if he is backed into a corner, so to speak. He/she could briefly brandish a melee weapon until he gets back out into the open then it automatic switches to range yet again.

Just some crap to think about, We all know they wont make any new or alter old classes.

I agree with a new Class being harder to balance on top what we have already. We do not need a New Class, especially when they cant balance the old ones.

I think i seen someone say this so i wont take credit for this idea.

Perhaps taking the worst classes we have. I know every one has what they think is the worst ones but with that part left out for now. Lets say, taking the advance Power Tech class, which is a range class. Lets turn that class into a Hybrid Class. The Advance Power Tech that is a range class, or Since they can use a knife at close range. why not make it a sword, or since we all have legacy Powers, most of those powers, being force powers. Why not a light saber as well at close range. Now i would imagine this would take the highest range damage attach to become less damage to balance out the close range combat with melee weapon, so If you will, a balancing of damage between range and close combat. So there fore not to be, Overly Powerful.

Thats just 1 example.

Now another, Lets say trooper (not saying its the worst class, just example) Range Canon class but Hybrid trooper at close range could switch to a melee weapon, lets say for a limited time he can use a melee if he is backed into a corner, so to speak. He/she could briefly brandish a melee weapon until he gets back out into the open then it automatic switches to range yet again.

Just some crap to think about, We all know they wont make any new or alter old classes.

A concern with radical alterations to weapon use is cutscenes where weapons are drawn and used, watching blaster bolts come from a sword would be so wrong.

I would love to see new classes be implemented. A whole new story would not be a bad Idea as it would be refreshing, however I agree with the others that it is doubtful that it will happen. But, the only way I could see them even doing something like this would be if they added something crazy like a zakuul knight story or something like that that tells the story of a knight, ranking up through the ranks before the events of kotfe and kotet. Which would mean we could get a different view point on the war, maybe witness Arcann and Thexan before the outlander came about. But with that being said, the only way for you to become the outlander for the expansion would mean you would have had to defect from the knights and join either the Empire or the republic. But anyways, I'm losing track haha. But yeah, would be cool for more classes, but it's doubtful...maybe new races??? Edited by ExodusCharizard

I think the classes are diverse enough.

Regardless how you make new ones they will have to fill either of the three roles, DPS, Tank or Heal

Like the classes that are already some may be hybrids depending on your build and spec.

So introducing new ones adding their special abilities, making it fit and be balanced in all aspects........it is too much work for little or no gain.

Now having MORE options with each class however I would support fully.