Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Returning player: tier 5 gear?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Returning player: tier 5 gear?

keetrazor
10.13.2018 , 10:52 AM | #1
Wassup yall,

So I'm back after about a year of being off. When I left, I had finally gotten full 248 gear for one of my two 70s (imm jugg), and now I hear Tier 5 gear is coming out. My crafting skills kinda suck too, in that my only mastered crafting is armstech and the aug market is trash right now (costs two charged matter to make 236 mod, on gtn mats cost 1.5m each, and augs cost 2m. Illogical and broken.) So that brings me to my main question:

Q: How should I best prepare for the new tier of gear?

I don't have an armor creating crew skill, and if only crafters can make it I know they're going to make prices on GTN ridiculously high. So what's the best way to do this? Stockpile money for the market, or grind through crew skills? Or is there another idea? Any help would be appreciated.
"Speak softly, and drive a big tank!" - Hondo Ohnaka

click http://www.swtor.com/r/RPdrpb for free stuff pretty please with a rakghoul on top

CrazyScruffy
10.13.2018 , 12:01 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by keetrazor View Post
Wassup yall,

So I'm back after about a year of being off. When I left, I had finally gotten full 248 gear for one of my two 70s (imm jugg), and now I hear Tier 5 gear is coming out. My crafting skills kinda suck too, in that my only mastered crafting is armstech and the aug market is trash right now (costs two charged matter to make 236 mod, on gtn mats cost 1.5m each, and augs cost 2m. Illogical and broken.) So that brings me to my main question:

I don't have an armor creating crew skill, and if only crafters can make it I know they're going to make prices on GTN ridiculously high. So what's the best way to do this? Stockpile money for the market, or grind through crew skills? Or is there another idea? Any help would be appreciated.
You should go watch the stream from the other day. It answers your questions

JediQuaker
10.13.2018 , 03:57 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by keetrazor View Post
That depends upon what you mainly do.

If you mostly do PvE, FPs, vet Ops, and/or low level PvP, don't worry about it at all. You can upgrade (or not) as you go on. It won't make that much difference.

If you actually do high level PvP and or OPs, then start accumulating credits so you can buy the materials and/or mods you need. There is no shame in doing other things to make credits so you can buy the stuff you want.
I understand though - I much prefer to get all the mats myself and craft the item, or get it as a reward, etc, then to just buy it. But....

Ralph_Panda
10.13.2018 , 04:12 PM | #4
http://dulfy.net/2018/10/13/swtor-ma...in-patch-5-10/

It requires mats from both ranked arenas/mastermode ops that can also drop from cxp crates, its better to save them for the armor

And probably saving unassembled components