Vengeance Juggernaut PVP Spec, Rotation and Gear Guide

This guide is intended to be directed at newer players to this spec for PVP, but I know experienced players will be able to take something away from this as well. Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but please use constructive criticism to help make us all better players.

The link below will take you to the YouTube guide:

I hope you like it and please don't forget to subscribe and follow on twitch! My goal is to bring helpful information regarding whatever game I am playing and to help make us all better players. Please don't be afraid to leave comments or some to my stream to discuss this information, or video games in general.

Edited by ARockLobzta

Just going to go out and say you picked the wrong medium for a guide.

No one wants to sit through babble to try and fast forward to the parts they are interested in.

I would suggest a text based guide, as most of the people who actually read these "guides" nowadays are only looking for a couple pieces of information.

Not sure about you, but I can't live without Guard Stance. Think of the "useless" point in Quake as the first of a 2-pointer (a la Powertech armor talent). Passive 3+% damage reduction stacks exceptionally well with the rest of Vengeance defenses. On the other hand, I tend to forgo Deadly Reprisal, because I'm practically swimming in Rage regardless, and I put 2 in Accuracy.

I myself am using the Str>Power build with around 23% selfbuffed crit (got the other 3 buffs from Legacy+reusable Might stim), but *way* more bonus damage. Is the 7% crit really worth losing tons of Power? Sure, I don't crit as much, but when I crit, my spikes are very, very solid. As for the build, running something like this. Or switching out of Sundering Throw for Stagger.

If you're going for the crits, then may I suggest going for Brutality instead? The build would look something like this. Malice improves DoT crit chance, Smash crit chance and not fully stacked Scream. If you feel that Sundering Throw is completely essential for target switching, then you can sacrifice Enraged Sunder, because it is less significant now than it was pre-2.0. Granted, you might feel a slight Rage shortage if you aren't eating CC, but your spike damage should remain untouched.

Edited by Helig

I find that getting by without 4 points in sunder skills and only one point in unyielding is entirely viable and does not hurt the burst in any way. There are occasional procless periods when I have to use assault but if I am on target that long and they are still up they are probably not going down. The usual opener is saber throw. If vt procs use it as follow up to ravage, it's free. Barring that follow up with impale (30% chance of costing 1 rage) and if now short on rage pop the timer to have enough for shatter and force scream. Sunder and smash thereafter and impale should be back up. If someone tried to cc you during immunity or thereafter you should have a little extra with even a single point in unyielding.

I find that getting by without 4 points in sunder skills and only one point in unyielding is entirely viable and does not hurt the burst in any way. There are occasional procless periods when I have to use assault but if I am on target that long and they are still up they are probably not going down. The usual opener is saber throw. If vt procs use it as follow up to ravage, it's free. Barring that follow up with impale (30% chance of costing 1 rage) and if now short on rage pop the timer to have enough for shatter and force scream. Sunder and smash thereafter and impale should be back up. If someone tried to cc you during immunity or thereafter you should have a little extra with even a single point in unyielding.

I still prefer maxed Unyielding to combat stealthers. He opens, 1 rage from Visionary/Endless Rage, 4 from initial stun, you activate Enraged Defense and 1 heal tick, he stuns again, 4 Rage.

Hey thanks for the guide! I have found that this has helped me a lot for my Veng Juggernaut especially the rotation part of your guide. I also want to say that you did a really good job of explaining why you choose each talent and your reasoning behind it. VERY GOOD JOB! Btw would you be interested in making an Immortal and Rage guide as well? What are your thoughts about that OP?

Just going to go out and say you picked the wrong medium for a guide.

No one wants to sit through babble to try and fast forward to the parts they are interested in.

Well that sure is opinionated and false.

I prefer videos instead of TLDR crap. At least I can rub one out while listening... PvP guides give me wood.

Not sure about you, but I can't live without Guard Stance. Think of the "useless" point in Quake as the first of a 2-pointer (a la Powertech armor talent). Passive 3+% damage reduction stacks exceptionally well with the rest of Vengeance defenses. On the other hand, I tend to forgo Deadly Reprisal, because I'm practically swimming in Rage regardless, and I put 2 in Accuracy.

I myself am using the Str>Power build with around 23% selfbuffed crit (got the other 3 buffs from Legacy+reusable Might stim), but *way* more bonus damage. Is the 7% crit really worth losing tons of Power? Sure, I don't crit as much, but when I crit, my spikes are very, very solid. As for the build, running something like this. Or switching out of Sundering Throw for Stagger.

If you're going for the crits, then may I suggest going for Brutality instead? The build would look something like this. Malice improves DoT crit chance, Smash crit chance and not fully stacked Scream. If you feel that Sundering Throw is completely essential for target switching, then you can sacrifice Enraged Sunder, because it is less significant now than it was pre-2.0. Granted, you might feel a slight Rage shortage if you aren't eating CC, but your spike damage should remain untouched.

I actually started using the last link you posted within the last week and have found that to be a better option, although I take two points into improved sundering throw. That actually works very well with the Str>Pwr build because you can sacrifice crit in your mods/enh and replace them with the str>pwr and pwr ones while still maintaining a fairly decent crit chance.

Well that sure is opinionated and false.

I prefer videos instead of TLDR crap. At least I can rub one out while listening... PvP guides give me wood.

It was opinionated and a really pointless comment. Anything but constructive criticism just waste everyone's time. Nice video BTW Dire, hope to see some more from you soon. Played against you the other day in a Huttball, we ended up winning but I could tell you where leading the team. Hope to see you in ranked soon!