Fate Of The Jedi Apocalypse

Darth_Leadon

Its been awhile since i'v been an active member, as i did not start playing at launch. In my return, my favorite part of the community was trashed.. What happened to the "Book/Comic" section.. Well, either way i finished Apocalypse about a week ago. An was very unhappy with Dennings work. I thought the entire Jedi Temple mission was worthless. The Sith were completely worthless, an what happen to them? I was hoping a few or atleast a Master an Apprentice would survive for placement in future books. I know thats where Vestara fits in, but Dening wrote them all off too quickly from the start of the book with the assasinations.

I really injoyed reading about the Jedi trio's mission to unknown space to speak with the Killiks to learn the orgins of Abeloth. I was able to learn so much more about the force. I thought the Celestial Palace was awesome. But Abeloths story changes so much, an seems to raise more questions then it answers. I give this book a 2-3 out of 5. The Jedi Sith battles whore horrible an lengthly, thats why i gave such a low score. Anyone else read Apocalypse? If you have, what would you rate this book? :csw_redsaber:

Authors making Jedi god like again...

For the sake of anything Star Wars, Jedi are NOT god, they're just mutations (in a way...)

Except, canonically, they kind of are. Like it or not the Jedi are to Star Wars what the Istar are to Lord of the Rings. Only there's a lot more of them and they have laser swords.

Except, canonically, they kind of are. Like it or not the Jedi are to Star Wars what the Istar are to Lord of the Rings. Only there's a lot more of them and they have laser swords.

Erm, no. :) The Istari are Maiar; they're literally immortal spirits who helped create the world, who are embodied in physical avatars to come perform a specific mission (inspire the Free Peoples to defeat Sauron). The Istari are essentially angels.

Gandalf's body DIED fighting the Balrog; he wasn't merely wounded, and wasn't miraculously saved at the last minute. His body died, and his eternal spirit was sent back with a new upgraded body, aka Gandalf the White. We simply don't see this happen in Star Wars... if someone "comes back from the dead" it's always because they didn't really die, one way or another. They jumped into a clone body, or used the Force to suspend their vital force until someone else could turn them into a cyborg, or whatever. But for an Istar, "death" is meaningless.

Jedi are mortal beings with some nifty powers. They don't literally come from heaven to help the rest of the galaxy. They aren't literally immortal spirits (although a few of them can appear after death, note that they don't have any powers and can't accomplish anything at this point; Maiar just keep on trucking). They don't have a personal (literally personal) relationship with God. Jedi are superpowered Buddhist monks. Istari are demigods.

In other news, an orange was found to be surprisingly different from a hydraulic press.

I agree with the OP. It seems like he pulled the the tasty bits of pieces from the previous books of the series and slammed it all into the last.

While it makes sense from a writing sceme, and while it was nice to read those and revisit those characters and events it felt like I was being cheated out of a something.

For example: Fett, Jacen, Mara, Man in the Dark Hood, Jacen's vision, Killik's and Dalaa. All influential but while they maintained a purpose for this book nothing felt like anything was cleared up.

Yes Fett was looking for those scientists and all and helped kill Abeloth's Avatar and that's that. Yes, he is a come and go type of character but for a series finale it seemed very dry.

Jacen, what more can you say about the most emo, biggest baby Sith Lord on record?

Mara oh Mara, how we miss you. It was nice to see you back and while you did hellp Luke when he was injured outside of that it was just kind of cruel to have you show up again in the same manner inwhich Luke and Ben first encounted you. Should of left it at that.

Man in the Dark Hood, Sith indeed and looking forward to learning more about him and glad we got a chance to finally put LotF at an end. Even though him showing up will raise a lot more questions than he answered.

Killik's glad to learn about Abeloth and the Force, one of the better parts of the book

Dalaa, so she isn't elected and the Empire keeps on ticking.

Things left on sure of, Tahiri a Jedi once more? Jagged will now be our new Han Solo? Jedi being hermits again? Thousands of Sith still on Coruscant and on Kesh still? Vestara to join the One Sith? Abeloth is ...? Mortis monolith?

Anyways I rate it a 3/5. I expected bigger things for the length of time we had to wait for it.