Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to make Jugg DPS viable in PVP ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How to make Jugg DPS viable in PVP ?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rafiknoll
02.03.2018 , 03:56 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
Shield chance will indeed not affect any DoTs. The only one that will be affected are the ones like Crushing Darkness for sorcerer, because they have an initial "big" hit. If you shield the first big hit, you'll still take the rest of the dot tho

And it works also on Thundering Blast, Discharge and everything. Even though you may not see it often because those abilities are often tied to an auto-crit, which cannot be shielded, just like you cannot shield any crit in the game. (that's dumb, I know, and should be fixed)

You're mixing up Damage Reduction and Shield Chance.
Internal and Elemental damage bypass armor, but they still can be shielded. You take a ton of damage from a Volatile Substance or a Discharge because they will always ignore your armor. You can still shield those attacks or resist them, but any damage reduction tied to armor is bypassed. The big issue here being that Jugg, like PT, have a lot of their passive mitigation tied to the heavy armor perk.
As schook said before these attacks can't be shielded. Only energy and kinetic do. I can guarantee that because I am an assassin and pay attention to my DW stacks and they never ever got shielded. Shield coincidently works only where armor works, even if it isn't for the exact same reason.

As for the DoTs, I am almost certain that crushing darkness and engineering probe (the DoT one, not the AoE) deal kinetic, and actually can be occasionally shielded. It is per tick, of course, just as crit chance is per tick. I said "most DoTs don't get shielded" because I think that beside these 2 all are internal.

Hmm... Maybe sorcs and pyrotechs would get more love if it was a more common knowledge that they are probably the best anti-tanks ever. Tanks take almost the same amount of damage that DPS take from their best bursts and main rotation.

supertimtaf
02.03.2018 , 04:08 PM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by Schoock View Post
No they can't. The tooltip for Shield Chance says, I quote "Chance that incoming energy or kinetic damage will be reduced by your shield."
Indeed, I mixed up two tooltips. My bad
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

KendraP
02.03.2018 , 04:22 PM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
They may drive you insane but this is the way to play. Not a single gold or even, I can bet, silver jug plays as pure dps.
While my ranked experience is rather limited, given the karagga numbers I posted earlier, I do not believe skanks have the same dps potential as a dps. Damage done total / total time maybe.

If you are running a skank you can be far more valuable to your team by guard swapping, taunting, debuffing, CCing, etc, than you would be by trying to be a sucky dps. This is what I mean by "if you want to skank, given the practical uselessness of tank stats fine and squishiness of dps, fine, but learn to tank."

Sad as it sounds, if you want to dps on a good melee dps class go join the club and run a fury mara.

SlimeyDoom
02.03.2018 , 04:38 PM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I’m being told by many ranked players that skanks shouldn’t be run in ranked because they are rubbish compared to the better perfoming classes.

Now I’m only going on what other people have said because my lag now prevents me from playing ranked. I had previously assumed there were so many skanks in regs because there were heaps in ranked, but I’ve been told this is incorrect because skanks aren’t good in ranked.

I’m willing to concede I might be wrong about skanks in ranked. I’m basing my argument on third party info, but I’ve heard they are bad, more than I’ve heard they are good.
I’ll leave it there because I’ve got nothing more I can add than people said so.
I really wish you’d make an effort to be right for once before blasting more nonsense across the forums where a new player who doesn’t yet realize to ignore you might pick it up. Juggernaut tanks in dps gear are very, very powerful especially in hardswap group ranked teams. Immortal jugg, corruption sorc, carnage/fury marauder, and marksman sniper are usually the classes brought in this . Not only do dps geared jugg tanks hit VERY hard, they have intimidating roar and peeling abilities such as intercede, along with a push and two hard stuns.

supertimtaf
02.03.2018 , 10:20 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimeyDoom View Post
I really wish you’d make an effort to be right for once before blasting more nonsense across the forums where a new player who doesn’t yet realize to ignore you might pick it up. Juggernaut tanks in dps gear are very, very powerful especially in hardswap group ranked teams. Immortal jugg, corruption sorc, carnage/fury marauder, and marksman sniper are usually the classes brought in this . Not only do dps geared jugg tanks hit VERY hard, they have intimidating roar and peeling abilities such as intercede, along with a push and two hard stuns.
You're talking about Team Ranked, where even PTs are good as dps. In solo ranked though it is much harder to pull off this kind of gameplay effectively, apart from a few top3 I haven't seen any skank (full dps gear) able to withstand a long focus in soloq. Team ranked is very different, it has its own rules, because peoples are playing it... in team, making some class way harder to kill due to effective coordination.

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

KendraP
02.04.2018 , 02:34 AM | #166
You're talking about Team Ranked, where even PTs are good as dps. In solo ranked though it is much harder to pull off this kind of gameplay effectively, apart from a few top3 I haven't seen any skank (full dps gear) able to withstand a long focus in soloq. Team ranked is very different, it has its own rules, because peoples are playing it... in team, making some class way harder to kill due to effective coordination.
I admit I despise ranked of all forms, indeed arenas of all forms. However, provided the match has a healer, a tank of any form, even a skank, should substantially help the team. If there is no healer, then sure the benefit of a tank is far lower.

The skanks that are the wannabee dps who refuse to learn to tank should die quickly. I have little sympathy for them. My skank is very survivable under focus because I know how to use it effectively.

Obviously, everything is going to be more viable when you have a team able to effectively work together.

AdjeYo
02.04.2018 , 06:27 AM | #167
In solo ranked you also shouldn't be running tank stats, sure they'll keep you alive a bit longer, but it's not gonna matter if you do next to no damage, which is really what most 3 dps 1 tank ranked matches comes down to, who can push out the most damage on the opposing team the fastest.

TrixxieTriss
02.04.2018 , 06:42 AM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimeyDoom View Post
I really wish you’d make an effort to be right for once before blasting more nonsense across the forums where a new player who doesn’t yet realize to ignore you might pick.
I really wish you’d make an effort to be a decent human being when talking to others, I guess we can’t all get what we want.

supertimtaf
02.04.2018 , 07:04 AM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
In solo ranked you also shouldn't be running tank stats, sure they'll keep you alive a bit longer, but it's not gonna matter if you do next to no damage, which is really what most 3 dps 1 tank ranked matches comes down to, who can push out the most damage on the opposing team the fastest.
Well yeah, you shouldn't run with full tank stats in any way. Change all your mods for Power mods, run a few crit mods here and there and you're good to go.

Lundorff
02.04.2018 , 07:35 AM | #170
Running dps jugg in ranked is certainly a one way ticket to miserableville . I gave it a decent try, but there are simply toon many classes with too many advantages compared to juggs at the moment.