Your post 1.4 Pyro Burst PVP Rotation

Virod

Mine is by approaching the enemy:

ED - TD - FB - RS - one or twice FB for PPA - RS - 2x FB - RP - Rinse and repeat.

TD and RS hit at the same time. What's yours?

Edited by Virod

Noone ist using IM anymore, despite of the additional Dot?

Something like:

ED - HO - IM - TD - RS - FB once or twice 'til PPA procs - RS - 2x FB - RP - Rinse and repeat.

Does someone know how much the dot of IM add dps to the rotation?

Edited by Virod

As a 41 PT, all i use is rapid shots to close the gap, then sadly:

- flame burst

- rail shot

- rocket punch

- rail shot if i got the proc

- flame burst till i get the proc

its pretty simple, yet brutally effective ... usually dont have a heat problem. Ill mix in an unload or flamethrower if my targets are stationary and of course, death from above for those packs. usually tops in dps for The Bastion as this class / rotation is super easy ... i never top dps w/ any other class i play, so that should tell u a lot.

I pop a wz adrenal early for damage reduction before a big fight, start kolto overload after that first hit, then midway ill hit my shield and then the medpac. I'm all orange gear w/ blue mods and augmented as well ... makes for one dps machine! I should use the IM as an opener or explosive dart as its range is better? or both?

• 2 weeks later...
Honestly, I can't say that the 1.4 Pyro changes hurt too badly. For TD it doesn't even really matter, but for IM it does hurt a bit. It used to be the best way to open on the target, and now I often find myself running towards a target Rapid Shotting them to get the CGC proc so I can go RS>ED (usually get in range by now) > Mash buttons randomly because let's face it, it's Pyrotech, the tree is pretty faceroll. Edited by Spiderbubble

If my first FB procs, it just makes my next RS free which helps my heat management. I'm not wasting it at all. By the time I use my RP (right after the free RS) the internal 6 sec CD on the proc would have passed giving me a chance at proccing RS again.

This opener easily kills a undergeared players before it even ends and it does take a good chunk out of better geared players. Hypothetically if everything crits, we're talking 15k to 18k damage over 3 GCDs on an average battlemaster geared DPS/healer

If my first FB procs, it just makes my next RS free which helps my heat management. I'm not wasting it at all. By the time I use my RP (right after the free RS) the internal 6 sec CD on the proc would have passed giving me a chance at proccing RS again.

This opener easily kills a undergeared players before it even ends and it does take a good chunk out of better geared players. Hypothetically if everything crits, we're talking 15k to 18k damage over 3 GCDs on an average battlemaster geared DPS/healer

Umm, yeah. Your wasting it... if you can't manage your heat stay out the kitchen bud.

rotation should be TD, TSO, IM, EF, RS, RP,RS,FB,FB, RS

and fyi... ED is a dps loss :cool:

Edited by wetslampigduex

Umm, yeah. Your wasting it... if you can't manage your heat stay out the kitchen bud.

rotation should be TD, TSO, IM, EF, RS, RP,RS,FB,FB, RS

and fyi... ED is a dps loss :cool:

Your opener only works once every two minutes, and IM is garbage now that the range has been nerfed. 25 heat for a weak DOT only usable at 10m? It's better to use TSO and VH as Heat management tools, rather than wasting it on an IM opener in 1v1.

Also, ED > TD > EF > FB > RS is a great double-burst opener on Healers, and proc'ing the first RS with FB helps bring heat back down to follow through with sustained DPS.