Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Stronghold Decorating with Friends

heybill's Avatar


heybill
08.05.2020 , 04:23 PM | #1
Hello SWTOR community,

Something that I was hoping we could continue to show support for and get behind is the ability to allow friends to decorate towards your stronghold. For instance I give a key to a friend, they should be able to decorate if I give them the capability. Strongholds can be a HUGE endeavor when taken on and having the help and extra creativity would be awesome.

Thanks,

Victoreea Secret (Satele Shan)

Xo-Lara's Avatar


Xo-Lara
08.05.2020 , 10:40 PM | #2
I like this idea. It would also be good for people who want their stronghold to look nice but they don't have any idea of where to put stuff. There's always at least a few other players willing to come in and decorate other people's strongholds.
If you like my stronghold threads such as this and this, please consider using my referral link. It will reward us both. Or you could post your support for one of my threads.
{Ξ(Θ)!!██████████████████

DarkTergon's Avatar


DarkTergon
08.05.2020 , 11:03 PM | #3
Has been asked for before. I'll give this plus 1 support too. Although I prefer to decorate myself, I know plenty who don't...lol
You know you can't fix an idiot, turns out you can't quarantine them either!!!
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

simimuss's Avatar


simimuss
08.06.2020 , 12:27 AM | #4
+1 from me too. I could use some help decorating my place

AceMasterSoul's Avatar


AceMasterSoul
08.07.2020 , 12:12 PM | #5
Are you wanting people to be able to decorate strongholds they've been invited/given keys to, or are you wanting them to be able to share decorations and decorate stronghold they've been invited/given keys to. I would support the first option but not the later. Though these technically already exist with the guild stronghold dynamic.
Guildmaster <Mercs with Perks>
Help me, help you. Follow the link to get free stuff.
Referral Link

DarkTergon's Avatar


DarkTergon
08.07.2020 , 01:50 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AceMasterSoul View Post
Are you wanting people to be able to decorate strongholds they've been invited/given keys to, or are you wanting them to be able to share decorations and decorate stronghold they've been invited/given keys to. I would support the first option but not the later. Though these technically already exist with the guild stronghold dynamic.
The first only, being able to give a (Gold) key to a friend, so they can decorate (From YOUR decorations, not theirs).
You know you can't fix an idiot, turns out you can't quarantine them either!!!
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

Banthabreeder's Avatar


Banthabreeder
08.07.2020 , 07:17 PM | #7
I fully support this idea. I do a great job at decorating would love to help others do theirs.

They key granted would allow the person temporary access to the key givers deco's and stronghold. They would not be able to purchase additional deco's only work with what is currently available. The owner can then take back the key if there is any falling out to avoid future sabotaging.

If this can be done with Guild ships and bases, why not with everyone else?
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

JediQuaker's Avatar


JediQuaker
08.08.2020 , 07:55 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
The first only, being able to give a (Gold) key to a friend, so they can decorate (From YOUR decorations, not theirs).
Well, I can see an immediate problem with that. Not only would the programming be a bit difficult, to give a player access to someone else's decorations, but the resultant "player X stole my decorations" complaints would be a constant PiB for CS.

About the only way I could see it working would be if you had to specifically "donate/transfer" the desired decorations to the decorator.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

DarkTergon's Avatar


DarkTergon
08.08.2020 , 08:18 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Well, I can see an immediate problem with that. Not only would the programming be a bit difficult, to give a player access to someone else's decorations, but the resultant "player X stole my decorations" complaints would be a constant PiB for CS.

About the only way I could see it working would be if you had to specifically "donate/transfer" the desired decorations to the decorator.
Think there has been a misunderstanding, the decorator doesn't get control of the decorations, they can only use the decos the s/h owner has. So there'd be no stealing, etc. You'd only be able to place decos the owner already has, or unlocks.
As for the programming, I've done very little programming, and I'm probably 30 years out dated with what I did learn...lol
We can hope it would be possible
You know you can't fix an idiot, turns out you can't quarantine them either!!!
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ