Is the Agent or Bounty Hunter the Empire Equivalent to the Smuggler?

Primeron

I know that every class is going to play a little different, but I plan on leveling a Smuggler on the Republic side, and I also want to make a non-sith character on the Empire side. When I first think about it, I would think Bounty Hunter and Smuggler would be the obvious opposites, but when I watched the video on the Imperial Agent, he looked to have a lot of similarities as well.

Any thoughts on which class would be better to go with that has less in common with the Smuggler? Thanks a bunch! :)

The classes on either side are identical mirrors, only the animations and storylines are different, the numbers that make it all work are the same. There is a single exception, sage/sorc has one different ability.

As to the original question, Smuggler is the opposite of IA, while BH is troopers mirror.

I know that every class is going to play a little different, but I plan on leveling a Smuggler on the Republic side, and I also want to make a non-sith character on the Empire side. When I first think about it, I would think Bounty Hunter and Smuggler would be the obvious opposites, but when I watched the video on the Imperial Agent, he looked to have a lot of similarities as well.

Any thoughts on which class would be better to go with that has less in common with the Smuggler? Thanks a bunch! :)

Smuggler = Agent ... mostly

Bounty Hunter is more of a heavy.

If you do roll an Agent, have fun. The story missions are wicked.

The classes on either side are identical mirrors, only the animations and storylines are different, the numbers that make it all work are the same. There is a single exception, sage/sorc has one different ability.

As to the original question, Smuggler is the opposite of IA, while BH is troopers mirror.

HexCaliber could not be more wrong.

They are not even close to mirrors.

They have all different skills. Actually, i don't think a Bounty Hunter has a single skill that is the same as a Trooper. (Other than Heavy Armor, etc..)

They do the same role, but completely different. Bounty Hunter uses flamethrowers and stuff, Trooper doesnt.

HexCaliber could not be more wrong.

They are not even close to mirrors.

They have all different skills. Actually, i don't think a Bounty Hunter has a single skill that is the same as a Trooper. (Other than Heavy Armor, etc..)

They do the same role, but completely different. Bounty Hunter uses flamethrowers and stuff, Trooper doesnt.

Lmao, sorry but you are really not too bright. They are identical in their mechanics, it does not matter if one uses a flamethrower and the other lighting that is purely visual; when given equal attributes they do the same dmg, have identical cast times, the same gcd and produce the same CC, etc, ergo they are mirrors.

The numbers behind the animation are what counts, one could throw boiled eggs, the other a grenade but if they produce the same dmg, take the same time to cast and share the same gcd they are the same, it is just the animation that is different.

Now, open Google and search for dev comments on game mechanics, they have any number of interviews and articles to explain it to you if you do not wish to take my word for it; they are mirrored by design to prevent issues in pvp.

Edited by HexCaliber

The agent and smuggler are identical in terms of mechanics.

The BH and smuggler are closer in terms of attitude. They are both the 'outsider' in their faction.

But if you enjoyed the smuggler mechanics but want to change to the Empire to play with friends or whatever, then Agent is the class that you are looking for.

Scoundrel is the operative and gunslinger is the sniper.

• 1 year later...

Bounty Hunter is the ideological equivalent of Smuggler — independent, motivated entirely by personal gain / money, with not a lot of true loyalty to their faction; a relationship of convenience.

Agent is the literal gameplay mirror of Smuggler. It uses all the same skills functionally, they just have different names / visuals to match the different concept & theme of "spy". But unlike Smuggler, Agent is absolutely a loyal and committed soldier of its faction.