Dark/Light Side Dialogue choices

Rabenschwinge

I am kinda troubled to find a concrete line on which I can base my choices with my Imperial Agent - Shara Nightsky - and the more I reflect on it the more difficult it becomes. Currently she's level 42 and has 3450 light and 3300 dark side points. That said, I am not exactly trying to be neutral, upon creation of the character I was thinking she would have a tendency towards dark with a few light side choices here and there - whatever serves the Empire best the way she sees it.

She's a hunter and a passionate agent. She realizes full well, that she won't survive this forever, but she approaches it with a "only the good die young" attitude. She loves the thrill of deception, seduction and engaging an enemy out of the dark.

But she will usually make prisoners - an enemy in her power is worth more than a dead one. She respects her opponents with a kind of sportsmanship; unlike a Sith she never truly hates her enemies, it's the challange that matters to her. She will spare children and lovers when she can and hesitate to kill non-combatants. When she defeats an enemy in battle and making them prisoner is not an option she will usually finish them off, though.

Now I made a few poor choices and a few inconsistant ones. Why did I let an enemy SIS spy go, especially considering he was a mysoginistic macho? He was a spy dammit, letting him go means harm to the Empire! It's simply when you start thinking to long about what you click you miss the option that just "feels" right. Just that he was non-combatant shouldn't have mattered in this instance. It was a bit unfortunate that it was a public place in which I didn't want to break out with violence, but in the end, killing him would have made more sense.

What really confused me a bit.was a situation where I fought an enemy commander and defeated him. I had the option to let him go, take some money they were offering you and ask him kindly to not bother me again. The other option was to execute him. So I did the latter. Bang 100 dark side points and, what made me hit the escape key, -64 on my companion Vector. Well, I was expecting some influence loss but only 2 or 32, not 64. I made the dialogue again, tried to rethink the situation, but in the end... I couldn't just let him continue do his work and ask him nicely not to interfere with me. He's was an enemy of the Empire. And while she will usually make as much money out of a given situation as possible, she will not take bribes, offering it to me from a man I deemed honorable was insulting. I defeated him in a fair fight, and making him prisoner was not an option.

It's hard to find a clear line here. Between the fact that you can't use many items if you don't gravitate strongly to one side, especially relics, a silly defiant counter reaction that makes one deliberately want to stay neutral and the wish to gain influence on your comapanions, especially the ones you like it can be hard to stick to a clear concept.

Edited by Rabenschwinge