Invitation for all who urge server merges!

Alcarinn

Hello fellow Star Wars players, I read alot about requests for server merges and free transfers, and i came to a conclusion that we should organise our own ''merge'' of community... i propose all who wish to play in a healthy environment called MMO to start leveling on the server called The Red Eclipse(EU)

It already has quite healthy population... Over 40 people even at early mornings (9am CET)

It has decent PvE guilds (international, and also some Dutch/Belgium/Spanish) The chat is not spammed with none-english people, actually you rarely see people saying anything at all in different language than English.

Groups are ''relatively'' easy to get those entry instances are even made right now (10:50 CET) also hardmodes are LFM each afternoon and some guilds cleared all 8 man content (not sure about 16 man)

Community is rather friendly... GTN is good filled with thousands of items

So i Invite all who want to create a good community to reroll on English PvE server called The Red Eclipse (also i propose to go Republic more its slightly in favor of Imperials and aswell goes for PvP)

This way we can create our own healthy place for MMO community, and hopefully Bioware will understand that we need less servers with more people on and give us some decent solution.

Hope to see you soon!

Ps.: operation progress of The Red Eclipse guilds: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=330447

INFORMATION on top 3 server DESTINATION for COMMUNITY on EU and US East Coast

EU top populated servers!:

1st: The Tomb of Freedon Nadd(PvP) Very Heavy-Full (with occasional Queues) NOT ADVISED

2nd: The Red Eclipse(PvE) Heavy-Very Heavy (NO Queues)

2nd: Legions of Lettow(PvP) Standard-High Standard

2nd: The Progenitor (RP PvE) Standard

3rd: Nightmare Lands(PvE) It is the 3rd choice AFTER The Red Eclipse is Very Heavy-Full

US East Coast Top populated servers:

1st: The Fatman(PvP) Absolutely JAMMED with barely any option to get into it at Peak hours without atleast 10min queues going up every week so NOT ADVISED!

2nd: Canderous Ordo(PvE) Heavy! No queues good community relatively fine balance ADVISED

3rd: Juyo(PvE) Standard-Heavy no queues good PvE community. After Canderous Ordo is full this one is 3rd in line!

US West Coast Top populated servers:

1st The Harbinger(PvE) Heavy

1st The Swiftsure(PvP) Heavy

1st Begeren Colony(RP-PvE) Standard

1st Ajunta Pall(RP-PvP) Standard

2nd Drooga's Pleasure Barge(PvE) Standard

<Rage> Guild on Imperial side of The Red Eclipse server is a super-fast growing guild for lvlers and soon raiders and social players... we are averaging 30+ lvlers at peak hours with more coming everyday... So if you roll Empire side on The Red Eclipse and want a guild whisper Firegenic when he is online for an invite.

On Republic side there is guild called <re-rolled> so try and whisper them for invite since i am struggling to find and contact their GM for info

Information about Juyo server: as informed from in-game Republic player named Melancholy

It is a healthy Standard-Heavy server with a .91 Imperial to Republic ratio (yes, that means we are slightly Republic heavy!).

Fleet during prime time is about 110 Republic, 90-100 Imperial. Planet population vary from 20 in off-peak to 55+ during peak. PvP queues are still a tad long, but it is a PvE server and many choose not to participate. However, Huttball occurrances are markedly lower than other, similarly populated servers.

You may contant character Melancholy(Republic Trooper) for assistance in getting started and/or finding a guild

Also i please all of you to not randomly post servers where we should gather i took a little time over the last week and checked servers that were standard most of the time last week and came with a solution called The Red Eclipse, Obviously some people will be ''lucky'' ones and got this realm from the start so i expect people to accept fact that most of us will have to roll somewhere in order for this project to work, so lets keep the spirit high and consider this as a roll of alt for a better Star Wars: The Old Republic future. You(ours) lvl 50s and legacies will wait for us once appropriate solutions are given and introduced until then its always good to roll another char to increase our knowledge of class, and game as overall it will help us in both pvE and Pvp

Edited by Alcarinn
need better title

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will see of I will be able to get the names I want on that server. Ow yes, Im a real "need that specific name" kinda person. XD

edit : Locked some names. <3 Will level a jedi sage first. My little lvl 1 Shizue :D

Edited by Kirameki

Hello fellow Star Wars players, I read alot about requests for server merges and free transfers, and i came to a conclusion that we should organise our own ''merge'' of community... i propose all who wish to play in a healthy environment called MMO to start leveling on the server called The Red Eclipse(EU)

It already has quite healthy population... 9:30 CET around 28-50 people on either fleets and around 90-125 people on either fleets at 14:00 CET during weekdays and roughly 150 on each during weekends over afternoon.

It has decent PvE guilds (international, and also some Dutch/Belgium/Spanish) The chat is not spammed with none-english people, actually you rarely see people saying anything at all in different language than English.

Groups are ''relatively'' easy to get those entry instances are even made right now (10:50 CET) also hardmodes are LFM eash afternoon and some guilds cleared all 8 man content (not sure about 16 man)

Community is rather friendly... GTN is ok

So i Invite all who want to create a good community to reroll on English PvE server called The Red Eclipse (also i propose to go Republic more its slightly in favor of Imperials and aswell goes for PvP)

I am lvl 15 having a blast...

This way we can create our own healthy place for MMO community, and hopefully Bioware will understand that we need less servers with more people on and give us some decent solution.

Hope to see you soon!

Ps.: Also tell all your friends about this action and maybe we can bump server to heavy soon.

It is better to play on high populated server afterall.

All of ^^that^^ but Space Slug instead. We have a healthy pop, some really great pvp/raiding guilds, a solid community (we were one of the first groups of servers) and a lot of interesting characters.

Give Space Slug a go! PVE West Coast GO GO!

All of ^^that^^ but Space Slug instead. We have a healthy pop, some really great pvp/raiding guilds, a solid community (we were one of the first groups of servers) and a lot of interesting characters.

Give Space Slug a go! PVE West Coast GO GO!

Great so i will add Space Slug to my primary post for US West Coast

Go go, spread the word on servers, to your friends and guilds... if devs cannot fix it(or until they can) lets fix it ourselves!

Edited by Alcarinn

I will see of I will be able to get the names I want on that server. Ow yes, Im a real "need that specific name" kinda person. XD

edit : Locked some names. <3 Will level a jedi sage first. My little lvl 1 Shizue :D

Great to hear that :)

I am sure we can get this idea rolling heavily if enough people pop in and trully want bigger community.

Now is the chance to see how much community really wants MMO in this MMORPG...

I rolled a new empire alt now...

If you switch post in the thread also so others see that the ''project'' is running the way we want it to go so more and more will join soon before 1.2 hit so we can all get our legacy up again!

Great so i will add Space Slug to my primary post for US West Coast

Go go, spread the word on servers, to your friends and guilds... if devs cannot fix it(or until they can) lets fix it ourselves!

they don't have the data to merge servers yet I asked an GM ingame about it!

they don't have the data to merge servers yet I asked an GM ingame about it!

Yeah exactly, plus i dont think they have a clue what to do with overwriting legacy names since merged serves might have identical legacy names and people will be pissed off...

Thats why we should create our own ''community'' merge especially before 1.2 hits and before people loose will to play... this ''project'' will show how much people value MMO in MMORPG or they simply just ''cry'' for merges also not to mention to get from lvl 1 - 50 it takes about 2 weeks if you play a little more than ''usually''

You can also spacebar now and so on and on

And with alot of people lvling we will get easy groups but the thing has to start rolling

Spread the word!

Great to hear that :)

I am sure we can get this idea rolling heavily if enough people pop in and trully want bigger community.

Now is the chance to see how much community really wants MMO in this MMORPG...

I rolled a new empire alt now...

If you switch post in the thread also so others see that the ''project'' is running the way we want it to go so more and more will join soon before 1.2 hit so we can all get our legacy up again!

Got 3 empire alts, 2 republic alts XD Will lvl all to 10 because I enjoy social point farming in Esseles/Black Talon XD

Edited by Kirameki

i support the merging of servers, and/or free server transfers.

there are many posts asking bioware to provide this. all of you reading this, whenever you see a forum post on the issue, post a quick !support on it. bioware will, inevitably listen if enough ppl clamour for it, as we all pay $15 a month.

there are many posts asking bioware to provide this. all of you reading this, whenever you see a forum post on the issue, post a quick !support on it. bioware will, inevitably listen if enough ppl clamour for it, as we all pay $15 a month.

We all do, but if you really think about what will happen to legacy names? someone will obviously have to either manually or forced change it.

Also same names of characters etc...

That is why we(I) started this ''project'' to try and give community the start of fixing the problem ourselves.

At this very moment Dromund Kaas has 67 people online(fleet had 66) at 12:45 CET

Edited by Alcarinn

Yeah exactly, plus i dont think they have a clue what to do with overwriting legacy names since merged serves might have identical legacy names and people will be pissed off...

Thats why we should create our own ''community'' merge especially before 1.2 hits and before people loose will to play... this ''project'' will show how much people value MMO in MMORPG or they simply just ''cry'' for merges also not to mention to get from lvl 1 - 50 it takes about 2 weeks if you play a little more than ''usually''

You can also spacebar now and so on and on

And with alot of people lvling we will get easy groups but the thing has to start rolling

Spread the word!

ok,I support this idea damn jedi mind tricks >.<

I support that ppl who ask for merges wont be allowed to get their name/legacy back if the name occurs on the servers they are being merged with.:cool:

Merging brings loads of issues double char names/ double guild names/legacy exp/legacy names and then we also have balancing issues. Merge an empire dominant server with more empire dominant server and we get pages full of those complaints.

Free transfers however, yes but only for those who played on very heavy servers and rerolled to lower populated servers due to the long waiting lines.

Edited by Kirameki

I support that ppl who ask for merges wont be allowed to get their name/legacy back if the name occurs on the servers they are being merged with.:cool:

Merging brings loads of issues double char names/ double guild names/legacy exp/legacy names and then we also have balancing issues. Merge an empire dominant server with more empire dominant server and we get pages full of those complaints.

Free transfers however, yes but only for those who played on very heavy servers and rerolled to lower populated servers due to the long waiting lines.

Lets try and not talk about server merges and/or free transfers that might come in future until we get some actual info

Lets try and spread the word and point people to this topic and ''convince'' them that it is in whole community which is also theirs interest to make our own ''merge'' asap to keep the feeling of MMO as high as possible for a long long time!

Spread the word!

to get from lvl 1 - 50 it takes about 2 weeks

I started on January and so far I have a lvl 34 and 16, that's it.

Either I'm doing something wrong or not playing long enough.

I did notice my server population kinda dropping, weekdays on the afternoon in January there were around 150 people on the fleet, now if I see 50 that's a lot.

On the planet's that goes around 5~20.

Bioware was bit too optimistic it seems made plenty of room.

Merging servers could be a solution but names are always a problem, or are they? We have legacies the combination of first an last name should be enough to have unic names.

Sure, John A might wrinkle his nose if he sees a John B walking by, but it sure beats walking around on an empty server.

I started on January and so far I have a lvl 34 and 16, that's it.

Either I'm doing something wrong or not playing long enough.

I did notice my server population kinda dropping, weekdays on the afternoon in January there were around 150 people on the fleet, now if I see 50 that's a lot.

On the planet's that goes around 5~20.

Bioware was bit too optimistic it seems made plenty of room.

Merging servers could be a solution but names are always a problem, or are they? We have legacies the combination of first an last name should be enough to have unic names.

Sure, John A might wrinkle his nose if he sees a John B walking by, but it sure beats walking around on an empty server.

Well if you write ingame /played you see the amount of time you played ...

I imagine you will have roughly 5-6 days of playtime. If you have more you are ''inefficient'' since i get 1-50 in around 10 days playtime (thats /played)

Unless its your 1st char(which yours is but i am talking about those lvl 50s now and for some time) it should NOT take you longer than 10 days /played

Thats irrelevant and i really wish we wouldnt talk about server merges and/or transfers there is a different thread about those so lets keep the project running and if you do not wish to participate rather post in respective threads.

Thanks in advance!

For example current numbers on imperial side on The Red Eclipse server at 14:40 CET

Imperial Fleet: 89 people

Dormund Kaas: 65 people

Republic side:

Republic fleet: 79

Corruscant: 48

Spread the word!

Edited by Alcarinn

69 ppl on Tython atm (Red Eclipse).

omg that is like 400% more then my previous server ><

Yep...

If more (of us/you) guys here on forum come it will be 300 easily

Spread the word!

Edited by Alcarinn

If anyone is looking for a PVE US West Coast Server with a standard population and a pretty friendly community, come to Master Zhar Lestin.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=209772&page=2

There is a facebook page as well for the Server, the admin is trying hard to get people to join. Girls always have more success in this haha.

Overall the playerbase has been good, though I have gotten a couple parties where people can't get out of obvious red circles!