SW:TOR made me go back to WoW

Riddickcz

So I quit WoW about a year ago when I just couldnt stand how boring it has become. I was better off.

Then I heard about SW:TOR. Pre-ordered the game and studied everything I could about the game. When it got released I took three weeks off work just to give it a blast. Liked the game at first and was defending it on forums from the haters. However after few weeks my pink glasses fell off and I started to see all whats wrong with the game.

Everything from boring end game, abilities not firing off, engine issues, ability delays, all the bugs, BW fixing (not really fixing at the end) one thing while screwing 50 others.

So when I quit SWTOR about 3 weeks ago, I just had to get the feeling of proper MMO combat for a change. So I renewed after a year my WoW account and finally got the smooth nice combat feeling again.

Yea WoW got again boring week after anyway, but the point is...this game is so miserable it made me (1 year WoW abstinent) get back to WoW.

How bad can the game be to do that really.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do some people feel compelled to announce to the world that they're quitting? Just quit already, nobody knows you people or cares for that matter and we won't hold it against you. Sheesh.

Always wondered about that too...also wonder why people actually waste time out of their life to read and post in forums for a game AFTER they have canceled their sub and quit playing. I guess some people think the forums are an online support group or their own personal online therapy session.

So I quit WoW about a year ago when I just couldnt stand how boring it has become. I was better off.

You realize it is your own fault if something becomes 'boring', right?

Then I heard about SW:TOR. Pre-ordered the game and studied everything I could about the game. When it got released I took three weeks off work just to give it a blast. Liked the game at first and was defending it on forums from the haters. However after few weeks my pink glasses fell off and I started to see all whats wrong with the game.

Sounds quite spoiled to me. Taking three weeks off just to play a game?

Everything from boring end game, abilities not firing off, engine issues, ability delays, all the bugs, BW fixing (not really fixing at the end) one thing while screwing 50 others.

What, and you don't think World of Warcraft suffered from any of these problems at the start (and progressively through the past years)? World of Warcraft suffered such problems that the game was unplayable (literally it was offline...) for days at a time, and the patching process would take up to a week at times. Go smack yourself a few times for opening your mouth about how many bugs a newly released MMO has. I am frankly tired of hearing your kind claim that such a thing is unacceptable. You have no sense of reality.

So when I quit SWTOR about 3 weeks ago, I just had to get the feeling of proper MMO combat for a change. So I renewed after a year my WoW account and finally got the smooth nice combat feeling again.

And yet, here you are again on the SW:ToR forums.

Proper... MMO... combat? World of Warcraft doesn't have "Proper" combat. It has accepted combat which enables you to be lazy and auto attack something to death. Is it a bad system? Not really. But it is not the "Proper" system. Actually it is far from ideal and has it's own bugs and flaws (which you're lovely broken rose colored glasses are allowing you to ignore).

Yea WoW got again boring week after anyway, but the point is...this game is so miserable it made me (1 year WoW abstinent) get back to WoW.

So basically... you're trolling.

Instead of complaining about how bad the game is when it first comes out... why don't you vehemently report bugs and all the details surrounding the situation so these horrible, awful bugs can be... oh... I don't know. Fixed?

Why do some people feel compelled to announce to the world that they're quitting? Just quit already, nobody knows you people or cares for that matter and we won't hold it against you. Sheesh.

Can you imagine if everyone who bought the game made a "I'M PLAYING!" thread lol

When someone has negative energy, they want to share that negative energy. The OP wants to quit, but obviously cant let go, thats why he is trying to connect with others to convert them to his level.

I've noticed this in general behaviour with my friends in other games. If 1 guy wants to quit, he wont quit until he has made sure everyone else quits with him, because he cant stand the feeling of people playing to game without him, ergo he cant let go.

You realize it is your own fault if something becomes 'boring', right?

Sounds quite spoiled to me. Taking three weeks off just to play a game?

What, and you don't think World of Warcraft suffered from any of these problems at the start (and progressively through the past years)? World of Warcraft suffered such problems that the game was unplayable (literally it was offline...) for days at a time, and the patching process would take up to a week at times. Go smack yourself a few times for opening your mouth about how many bugs a newly released MMO has. I am frankly tired of hearing your kind claim that such a thing is unacceptable. You have no sense of reality.

And yet, here you are again on the SW:ToR forums.

Proper... MMO... combat? World of Warcraft doesn't have "Proper" combat. It has accepted combat which enables you to be lazy and auto attack something to death. Is it a bad system? Not really. But it is not the "Proper" system. Actually it is far from ideal and has it's own bugs and flaws (which you're lovely broken rose colored glasses are allowing you to ignore).

So basically... you're trolling.

Instead of complaining about how bad the game is when it first comes out... why don't you vehemently report bugs and all the details surrounding the situation so these horrible, awful bugs can be... oh... I don't know. Fixed?

1) I realize its my own fault something gets booring.

2) Spiled? Not really. Just want to spend days off work doing something I enjoy.

3) I dont mind game being offline due to fixing etc. I mind when the game is online and full of issues nobody cares about.

4) Here I am as I was since few months before release.

5) I agree its lazy, but its fluid, and I know when I press something It actually happens. Cant say the same about swtor though.

6) Not trolling, just telling my story.

7) Oh believe me I tried. Countless of tickets in game (most of them closed without a note or recieved/forwarded by some stuped droid), countless of posts (at that time constructive) about issues in the game on forums. At some point You just give up cause You see there is no point anyway. Nobody hears, no actions, no point.

I find it somewhat ironic that all of the things you canceled TOR for have been fixed now.

Really!?

Awesome to get a message like this from the FUTURE. i guess it might be even year 2015 :)

Last time i checked endgame is still as boring as it's ever been.

wow made me go to TOR. funny how these things work aint it?

I think you just didn't give tor a proper chance, they've said that they will someday fix things, why isn't that good enough for you?

If you went to the doctor with the flu and he told you, "I know you are sick and I'm working on a cure." would you be angry at him? no.

I don't personally have any FPS issues or ability lag and I think the people complaining are probably all blizzard black marketing people and are just making it all up.

So just stop complaining and play the game until it's fixed.

But it beats blizzard WAI first year response......

I must agree on that. BW really knows their way around community. Replying on everything..thats great.

But replying with promises that are not fulfilled, thats another topic.

Ilum fixed - not.

Emotes on vehicles fixed - not.

WZ won counting towards daily fixed - not.

Ability delays fixed - not.

FPS issues fixed - not.

I mean really..how can the swtor defenders still believe BW a word they say?

This is so sad... I wonder what's going through your mind to make such a pointless thread with pointless reasons about your pointless quit nobody really cares about.

Regardless, you're comparing 10 years of work on polishing something vs. something that just barely came out of beta stage and is being polished right now. I guess if you can't understand that it's just sad.

Edited by Keaddo

WoW was good. It is now a pile of reused food that somehow tries to pretend its not a simple poop. It was really really good for the first 4 years, lets say it was good for the first 2, amazing for next 2, degrading since then.

SWTor is good. Since its a big money they decided to play sure and made a game that copies another game that is in fact a reused food, so it makes SWTOR somewhere 2nd or even 3rd time reused food. Thats bad, i wish Bioware stood bold and made some really innovate design es, instead they just copied what was good and tried to polish that.

Bad, not creative. The game still is good, plenty of nice experience, cute stories, cute little details that makes you go "ahhhh Star Wars".

In time, SWTor will never be as big as WoW. Because its a reused food, no one wants to eat that too much. But i really hope that at some point peeps at Bioware realize that they really really need innovation, not polish, right now. They fixed engine to the level its enjoyable to play (now fix mass combat and most people will praise the games smoothness), they starting to bring out a proper UI, in 2-3 month the game will shape itself. But after that, only innovation will save it. My thoughts - strong neutral line for both faction, may be even third faction, may be a proper space combat - say, Tie Fighter in a mmorpg. A bit more freedom, less linear endgame, more space to be creative. They started so good with social items/levels - but its so unfinished and rushed.

I will never go back to WoW, its dead as it could only be. More of it, i am sure you will not be happy with it either, thats why you post here - you wont be happy with WoW, you will grew tired of it in a month or too, or even faster. It sooooo same old, its not even worth talking about.

I think you just didn't give tor a proper chance, they've said that they will someday fix things, why isn't that good enough for you?

If you went to the doctor with the flu and he told you, "I know you are sick and I'm working on a cure." would you be angry at him? no.

I don't personally have any FPS issues or ability lag and I think the people complaining are probably all blizzard black marketing people and are just making it all up.

So just stop complaining and play the game until it's fixed.

Its like selling house with electricity to someone.

Telling You to live there and the company responsible for electricity installation promising You to install it there some day.

So You are telling me to live in that house without electricity for months and months because some company promised that they will install it there some day.

No thanks. House without electricity = no good house = not worth paying for.

I must agree on that. BW really knows their way around community. Replying on everything..thats great.

But replying with promises that are not fulfilled, thats another topic.

Ilum fixed - not.

Emotes on vehicles fixed - not.

WZ won counting towards daily fixed - not.

Ability delays fixed - not.

FPS issues fixed - not.

I mean really..how can the swtor defenders still believe BW a word they say?

erm, didnt have a single WZ count bug since last patch, nor my guildmates/friends. You either misinforming or didnt play for a while.

Ability delay is ok now, really, there are issues but they fixed it to a playable level.

FPS issue is nonexistant - there is an engine issue on Ilum, it is indeed not fixed, which, in turn, will take plenty of time to fix.

Its like selling house with electricity to someone.

Telling You to live there and the company responsible for electricity installation promising You to install it there some day.

So You are telling me to live in that house without electricity for months and months because some company promised that they will install it there some day.

No thanks. House without electricity = no good house = not worth paying for.

Im lost on something and i hope you can explain it to me, you say you are back on wow because swtor doesnt live upto your expectations yes ?

So why are you still here if you are infact on wow and no longer wish to play swtor. Of course you could say that your wanting to help improve the game but this isnt the case as you obviously have no vested interest in making swtor better. All you seem tobe doing is complaining and informing us you have gone back to wow.

So all i can say to you is congratulations on finding a game that you enjoy and i hope you have many happy years investing in and playing a game you believe in and enjoy. But why still tell us time and time again you have left yet still stay ?

All it does is scream look at me, look at me ive gone when you havnt.

This is so sad... I wonder what's going through your mind to make such a pointless thread with pointless reasons about your pointless quit nobody really cares about.

Regardless, you're comparing 10 years of work on polishing something vs. something that just barely came out of beta stage and is being polished right now. I guess if you can't understand that it's just sad.

You know this game has been worked on for 6 years. Its very sad what kind of product can someone release after 6 years of work.

Lets try this: You went to a car rental, and go back after 2 hours of driving about your car not working as well as it should and they told you "Oh but we're working to fix it, just hold on for a few months", would you continue paying for a rental car that doesnt work, for a promise that it does some day without getting a refund?