Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Class Rep] Three Questions Regarding Our Wonderful Class

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
[Class Rep] Three Questions Regarding Our Wonderful Class

Mularky
02.23.2014 , 03:00 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by ScytheEleven View Post
He is referring to PVE parsing...which is true. PVE Pyro Merc > PVE Pyro PT.

Like I said though, you simply cannot buff Flameburst without making PT Pyro over the top in PVP. Buff the DoT from Incendiary Missile for PT's, but not for Mercs.
They are going to have to buff some sort of damaging ability to help with PVE dps, there is pretty much no way around it. Powertech Pyro's dps in PVE is just too low to buff it through Set bonus' and rearranging abilities. I doubt they will buff the PT's IM damage and not the Mercs. Who knows at this point? lol.

Don't yell at me for this lol but, What if they Decrease the damage on Charged burst but buff different areas of pyro like the CGC dot. So then both Merc Pyro and Powertech Pyro will be at the same level with out having to buff a certain ability for each advanced class. Its not a bad idea if you think about it.

Tell me if I am being unreasonable. I just want to see the class succeed.

USCG_Davis
02.23.2014 , 03:56 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by WillLongstick View Post
Let's not waste another question asking for a DCD that the devs have already said we won't get.
This is incredibly important. Please lets not waste time asking for something that isnt going to happen.

Quote: Originally Posted by WillLongstick View Post
Issue 1: Vanguard or Commando Hammer Shot hits a target with 7 separate attacks. Powertech Rapid Shots hits a target with 5 separate attacks and Merc Rapid Shots hits a target with 10 separate attacks. I don't want to break out the math, but this gives Powertech's easily the lowest chance of any Pyro class to trigger CGC, and it gives PT tanks about a 10% lower chance to trigger IGC (lowering Heat Blast's CD) than Vanguard tanks. I would like to ask if they could set the cylinders up in a way that results in all of the final probabilities coming out the same.
As much as I know the community at large will disagree with asking this question because its not a "sexy" question and doesn't affect our pvp or pve dps but it needs to be brought up. A 10% chance on IGC is a very large issue and needs to be fixed.
Atrýss
Geag SKT'T-one Ătriss

Brunner_Venda
02.23.2014 , 06:44 PM | #53
AP could use a little bit of love without going over the top ridiculous, maybe something to help raise it's DPS a tad? The issue is this. AP can barely take a healer down, or any class getting occasional heals because of their lack of burst damage. Our highest damage is in a three second channel, and that's only 4k per second, which is average except for the fact that it's an AOE cone.

1. The prototype cylinder buff for high energy is a pathetic 1% damage increase. Can we please revisit that? Maybe 3% increase for fire effects or 2% all damage?

2. Now that the hybrid specs are dead with the loss of PFT, can we please get our bleed damage back on retractable blade?

ScytheEleven
02.23.2014 , 09:07 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Brunner_Venda View Post
AP could use a little bit of love without going over the top ridiculous, maybe something to help raise it's DPS a tad? The issue is this. AP can barely take a healer down, or any class getting occasional heals because of their lack of burst damage. Our highest damage is in a three second channel, and that's only 4k per second, which is average except for the fact that it's an AOE cone.

1. The prototype cylinder buff for high energy is a pathetic 1% damage increase. Can we please revisit that? Maybe 3% increase for fire effects or 2% all damage?

2. Now that the hybrid specs are dead with the loss of PFT, can we please get our bleed damage back on retractable blade?
I know at this point I'm probably sounding like the conductor on the A-hole Train, but AP burst is pretty damn good. You just have to realize that your burst is tied to your Shoulder Cannon cool down. After that, you are a utility player w/ great damage output.

But yes, Prototype Cylinder buff and DoT increase to Retractable Blade are both sustained damage increases, so I can agree with that.
Kendiaro - Powertech
Dasmon - Gunslinger

Kooziejr
02.23.2014 , 09:29 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by ScytheEleven View Post
I know at this point I'm probably sounding like the conductor on the A-hole Train, but AP burst is pretty damn good. You just have to realize that your burst is tied to your Shoulder Cannon cool down. After that, you are a utility player w/ great damage output.

But yes, Prototype Cylinder buff and DoT increase to Retractable Blade are both sustained damage increases, so I can agree with that.
Not for pvp they do not. If I can consistently get greater than 1500 dps in ap in warzones and arenas then none of these need any kind of buff. I wouldnt like to see that buffed if I played any other class.....no one can kill a good healer 1 v 1 in a warzone when they have all their cooldowns...it just doesn't happen....that problem is not unique to ap pt.

Please get off the pvp dps. FOCUS ON TANK AND PVE DPS ISSUES. Eg tank mez/more burst defense. Pve dps that WILL not affect pvp.....dot damage still affects pvp....so buffing it does not help imo
Koozie
/creampie

Blitz-wing
02.23.2014 , 09:47 PM | #56
Let's jump off the train of giving the Combat Team idea's on how they should do there job, they very rarely ever listen.

Let's focus on writing question's on what we think are the weak point's for the class & why, and ask for there reason's for them & what can be done to correct these issues.

PvP - Shield Tech not stacking up to Assassin & Juggernaut in regards to Defensive's. With no push, a mez short & no 100% damage reduction CD.

PvE - Low DPS in both spec's.

Other - Gap Closer for DPS. Every other melee class has a much better gap closer then PT's.

meisterjedi
02.23.2014 , 10:49 PM | #57
the main problem I see with not increasing any dmg from any ability is, that only pve setbonus changes and heat management remain as options to improve PVE dps.
set bonus changes would need to be pretty significant and probably conflict with their design philosophies of how much impact they should have. they also only changed set bonuses in very few cases like the recent orbital strike adjustments. heck they even let most of them unchanged with the expansion.
Heat management is already very easy, especially in AP. any significant changes would more or less remove the resource outside of AOE situations, although that would fit their trend to reduce skill ceiilings in the patches since 2.0 in favor of reducing the possibilities to completely screwing you over if you made significant mistakes/don't know what you are doing.

Ottoattack
02.23.2014 , 10:55 PM | #58
I am not sure why everyone thinks giving PT dps jet charge would improve dps dramatically in PvE. Maybe like 20-50 dps? I just want to remind you that a) you should not be sitting at 30 meters, b) use RS or ED when you are more than 10 meter away.

Please focus on issues:
1- Tank effectiveness in PvP.
2- PvE damage.

Quote: Originally Posted by meisterjedi View Post
the main problem I see with not increasing any dmg from any ability is, that only pve setbonus changes and heat management remain as options to improve PVE dps.
set bonus changes would need to be pretty significant and probably conflict with their design philosophies of how much impact they should have. they also only changed set bonuses in very few cases like the recent orbital strike adjustments. heck they even let most of them unchanged with the expansion.
Heat management is already very easy, especially in AP. any significant changes would more or less remove the resource outside of AOE situations, although that would fit their trend to reduce skill ceiilings in the patches since 2.0 in favor of reducing the possibilities to completely screwing you over if you made significant mistakes/don't know what you are doing.
In addition to what you mentioned regarding set bonuses, all PvE set bonuses can be used in PvP. If they have a set bonus per say increase flame burst damage by 15%, guaranteed AP will use it in PvP.

Brunner_Venda
02.25.2014 , 08:59 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Kooziejr View Post
Not for pvp they do not. If I can consistently get greater than 1500 dps in ap in warzones and arenas then none of these need any kind of buff. I wouldnt like to see that buffed if I played any other class.....no one can kill a good healer 1 v 1 in a warzone when they have all their cooldowns...it just doesn't happen....that problem is not unique to ap pt.

Please get off the pvp dps. FOCUS ON TANK AND PVE DPS ISSUES. Eg tank mez/more burst defense. Pve dps that WILL not affect pvp.....dot damage still affects pvp....so buffing it does not help imo
Normally I'd agree with you Koozie, the problem is for AP that once you've blown explosive fuel and shoulder cannon to kill a healer, they're back 30 seconds later, and you can't remove them again for another minute and a half. This is especially true when they have a pet tank or even worse, another cross healer rubber banding their health.

The bleed nerf on retractable blade was unnecessary, and our HEGC prototype cylinder bonus is a laughingstock. Not that those will fix a burst problem, but it would alleviate some of the frustrations we have. I won't even get into the awkward flame burst spam rotation or the long CD on rail shot and immolate.

AP isn't pyro, if you added 1% extra damage to CGC, it would put Pyro over the top as it is.

Tanks haven't received any love since 2.0. It's far past time to look them over. They don't need any huge buffs, but they have some serious quality of life issues to address.

Kooziejr
02.25.2014 , 02:12 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Brunner_Venda View Post
Normally I'd agree with you Koozie, the problem is for AP that once you've blown explosive fuel and shoulder cannon to kill a healer, they're back 30 seconds later, and you can't remove them again for another minute and a half. This is especially true when they have a pet tank or even worse, another cross healer rubber banding their health.

The bleed nerf on retractable blade was unnecessary, and our HEGC prototype cylinder bonus is a laughingstock. Not that those will fix a burst problem, but it would alleviate some of the frustrations we have. I won't even get into the awkward flame burst spam rotation or the long CD on rail shot and immolate.

AP isn't pyro, if you added 1% extra damage to CGC, it would put Pyro over the top as it is.

Tanks haven't received any love since 2.0. It's far past time to look them over. They don't need any huge buffs, but they have some serious quality of life issues to address.
No one is suppose to be able to solo a good healer and never suppose to be able to solo a healer with a tank and another cross healer. Man I racked 2200 dps in a game like that and a guildie in ap did 2400dps and didnt kill ****. AP CAN DO 2400 DPS IN SUCH SCENARIOS. That is absolutely insane. I restate. ..the point of dps is not to solo kill the other team..that is just absurd. When the othet team has 3 healers and a tank sometimes u have to face stuff doesn't die easy. Most gamez are not like that.
Koozie
/creampie