Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Covert Energy Chest Dye Slot

PetFish
05.18.2014 , 03:34 AM | #1
At the recent Vancouver Cantina Tour stop I was talking with one of the developers about this and he seemed surprised that this chest didn't have a dye slot already and thinks it's probably a bug. So I'm here to report it.

At first glance this doesn't seem to make much sense but, as it stands, if I want to use this chest but have a certain dye then I have to buy that dye for every other piece of gear since there's nothing to "unify" to. Obviously, putting a dye module into the invisible chest won't do anything for the chest but it'll allow me to unify the rest of my gear to it.

End of line.
D'alari'ia - Sage | Balthaza'ar - Gunslinger | V'alexi'ia - Guardian
Maligna'ar - Commando | N'althaeni'ia - Scoundrel | Palada'ar - Vanguard | C'alystri'ia - Sentinel
T'alari'ia - Marauder | Xalava'ar - PowerTech | F'alconi'ia - Assassin
Halona'ar - Sniper | Q'aldoni'ia - Operative | Kalyntha'ar - Sorcerer | Galvana'ar - Juggernaut

OddballEasyEight
05.18.2014 , 08:56 AM | #2
Heh, you're right!

At first I thought "well why would it have a dye slot?"
But yeah, if you want to dye the rest of your outfit that's the way to do it.
Click here for free stuff.
Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.
Click here to view my class storyline videos and preview blaster sounds

Lednew
05.19.2014 , 01:16 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by PetFish View Post
At the recent Vancouver Cantina Tour stop I was talking with one of the developers about this and he seemed surprised that this chest didn't have a dye slot already and thinks it's probably a bug.
Probably not so much of a bug, as an understandable oversight. I'm guessing someone looked at this piece of gear and said;
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
At first I thought "well why would it have a dye slot?"
...without taking into account the "color-match to chest" function.

I hope they correct this. I can't imagine it would be difficult to do.
"I don't use the Force, I just use... Force." -- Anonymous Bounty Hunter

Umwak
05.19.2014 , 05:22 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by PetFish View Post
At the recent Vancouver Cantina Tour stop I was talking with one of the developers about this and he seemed surprised that this chest didn't have a dye slot already and thinks it's probably a bug. So I'm here to report it.

At first glance this doesn't seem to make much sense but, as it stands, if I want to use this chest but have a certain dye then I have to buy that dye for every other piece of gear since there's nothing to "unify" to. Obviously, putting a dye module into the invisible chest won't do anything for the chest but it'll allow me to unify the rest of my gear to it.

End of line.
Yes, please! The lack of dye slot in the Covert Chest seems like an oversight. It would be nice if the dye slot there also affected the color of the female sports bra look that female characters have when using the Covert Chest.