Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

That's true, they are all pretty nasty from the start. Still there is a forgiveness factor...I suppose it rises from the fact that those who involve themselves were warned and did so anyway. But I suppose, if I can invoke the law of 'bewbs' for those who loved the nasty girls, I'll invoke the corresponding law for male characters. :p

Soooo, it's easier and more logical to forgive a nasty person who did a lot of bad than a reluctant betrayer who did wrong once and pretty much against his will.

Right, that makes sense... NOT.

Mmm yeah his voice too. All that stuff matters a lot more than his, well male equivalent of bewbies. Although that part helps in producing mini-Quinns. :o

Gosh, I'm in love with a lot of Imperial voices in this game. Quinn goes first, but male Agent, male Warrior and male Inquisitor... I melt. I melt also to fem Warrior. Love her to bits. Thanks to those actors I love my characters to bits too :D

And voice, why won't that actor be in more things I can watch on netflix?! I find the male agent everywhere and he's great but I need more Quinn voice.

Pretty sure Quinn's voice actor was in a few episodes of Downton Abbey. The...last season, I think...?? I only know of that through IMDB; never watched the show. :p But there's that.

Soooo, it's easier and more logical to forgive a nasty person who did a lot of bad than a reluctant betrayer who did wrong once and pretty much against his will.

Right, that makes sense... NOT

It makes sense to me for people to harbour so much hatred for Quinn IF they DID NOT romance him. If I had played through without the romance I imagine I would be in the haters thread! The fact that I did romance him gave me reason to understand his betrayal (given the romance related conversations) and forgive him. I remember the very first time I played a warrior and heard about the betrayal (but didn't know you could forgive him) - I actually rage-quit and unsubbed!!

On my female agent I wanted to

take the kill option

for Kaliyo in KOTFE but couldn't because of what she says in a conversation which gives a lot away about how

broken and fearful

her character is.

Pretty sure Quinn's voice actor was in a few episodes of Downton Abbey. The...last season, I think...?? I only know of that through IMDB; never watched the show. :p But there's that.

I watched the whole thing, he's got like 2 lines :o He's a doll though, was worth it.

I actually rage-quit and unsubbed!!

That's kind of awesome, I'm kind of impressed with your rl sithiness :D

Edited by grania

Right, that makes sense... NOT.

Gosh, I'm in love with a lot of Imperial voices in this game. Quinn goes first, but male Agent, male Warrior and male Inquisitor... I melt. I melt also to fem Warrior. Love her to bits. Thanks to those actors I love my characters to bits too :D

I didn't say that *I* forgave them. I hate those characters with the flaming passion of a thousand suns. I'm trying to understand what the players that do like them see in them, I for one see nothing. I attribute their popularity with some as the bewbs factor, for me personally, they have no redeeming qualities. I killed Thana, Kaliyo and NailzonChalkboard on my main.

I fail to understand why more can't forgive Quinn, it makes such perfect sense to me, that he was stuck between a rock and a hardplace...as I've said in other posts throughout this thread.

For me, it's the voice mostly that makes a character, voice, personality (intelligence), appearance...that's what defines me. Maybe I'm shallow, I dunno. *shrug*

I really really do NOT get why the Quinn hate is so strong. Yes, he betrayed the Sith Warrior, boo hoo but there's other companions who aren't flawless, who've done worse namely Kaliyo in my eyes but I'd never harass or berate another player for enjoying her. Why do people, and mostly guys, feel so extremely compelled to give us crap for enjoying Quinn? 'Hating' him is one thing but whispering others for using Quinn as a companion or /spit emoting at another person's Quinn seems like a whole new level of pathetic. :rolleyes:

Maybe they really are jealous, I can't see any other logic reason for going that far in your hatred of a fictional character.

It's the whole nice guy/bad boy thing. Some women go for men who mistreat women and it's frustrating for "nice guys" who treat women respectfully and don't betray them under orders from their portly, arrogant, overbearing bosses.

It's the whole nice guy/bad boy thing. Some women go for men who mistreat women and it's frustrating for "nice guys" who treat women respectfully and don't betray them under orders from their portly, arrogant, overbearing bosses.

I think this is a two-way street. Plenty of guys seem to go for the bish on railz persona too, whereas a nice girl gets nowhere.

"I think this is a two-way street."

Seriously - When the husb said that he's a big fan of Dark Jaesa, I'm like, er... her voice acting is often cringe-worthy and most of the time she's over-the-top Dark - so cheesy that I can't take her seriously. I do love that one of her favorite past times is sleeping around the Empire, but the whole campaign of hunting light-sided Sith is super-boring and offers no insight into her as a person. Speaking of, I wish they'd done more with her - she had great potential and ended up being very shallow, both Light and Dark.

Anyways, point is, I'll never understand what the husb sees in Dark Jaesa just like he'll never understand what I see in Quinn, but we both just accept it, lol.

Edited by Edyn

I think this is a two-way street. Plenty of guys seem to go for the bish on railz persona too, whereas a nice girl gets nowhere.

Be that as it may, there aren't many "nice girl" companions to romance, not like Corso or Felix, or even Torian. Even the "light sided" ones are sassy and belligerent like Risha, Kira and Bae...I mean Vette. Not evil traits, but certainly not "nice"

EDIT: Changed "any" to "many" because I forgot about Nadia, thank you Ralei.

apologies for the bae thing, I'm trying to be hip.

Edited by eriksarcasm

For me, it's the voice mostly that makes a character, voice, personality (intelligence), appearance...that's what defines me. Maybe I'm shallow, I dunno. *shrug*

No you're not shallow Luna many old Bioware fans can attest to the same as what you've said dating all the way back to Balder's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, which was the first Bioware game to have romances.

I'd list names but I'd be here awhile if I did :)

Seriously - When the husb said that he's a big fan of Dark Jaesa, I'm like, er... her voice acting is often cringe-worthy and most of the time she's over-the-top Dark - so cheesy that I can't take her seriously. I do love that one of her favorite past times is sleeping around the Empire, but the whole campaign of hunting light-sided Sith is super-boring and offers no insight into her as a person. Speaking of, I wish they'd done more with her - she had great potential and ended up being very shallow, both Light and Dark.

Anyways, point is, I'll never understand what the husb sees in Dark Jaesa just like he'll never understand what I see in Quinn, but we both just accept it, lol.

Good lord you're right. There's a fan fiction forming in my head about DJ and Vaylin being evil besties in the style of "Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion." Jaesa has all the character development of wearing a T-Shirt that reads "EVIL!"*

*with arrows pointing both up and down

I still think it's a little silly but you may have a point. I don't begrudge any male player their 'bad girl', that's their game and preference. I'm marrying the nice guy in the real world but in my fantasy world, yeah I'll go with the 'unsafe' choice or bad boy and have some shameless fun or else, what's the point of involving yourself in virtual fantasy? I don't stab people with a lightsaber in the real world either but online, sure. :D

Be that as it may, there aren't any "nice girl" companions to romance, not like Corso or Felix, or even Torian. Even the "light sided" ones are sassy and belligerent like Risha, Kira and Bae...I mean Vette. Not evil traits, but certainly not "nice"

apologies for the bae thing, I'm trying to be hip.

They're so "nice" you forgot about them. Nadia, Temple, and even Elara. ;)

And it isn't "nice" or "not nice" people are after. It's that spark of something interesting and unknown, something you can't predict or get bored with.

Felix and Corso are nice, but they're BLAND. uggghhh just let me put your helmet on and pretend you're someone with a personality.

Vector is the most nice and polite being in the galaxy, but he's a freaking bug. It's tragic, it's weird, it's kinky. It's interesting and he's got a serious(ly weird) following.

Andronikos is definitely not nice, but he's not that interesting, either. You don't see many "omg bring back my nicky" posts around here.

They're so "nice" you forgot about them. Nadia, Temple, and even Elara. ;)

OK, Nadia... you're right I did forget about her. Haven't met Temple yet and just met Elara, and I guess for her it depends on your definition of "nice." She seems cold and duty-driven to me so far, much like Quinn in fact. Which brings me to....

And it isn't "nice" or "not nice" people are after. It's that spark of something interesting and unknown, something you can't predict or get bored with.

Felix and Corso are nice, but they're BLAND. uggghhh just let me put your helmet on and pretend you're someone with a personality.

Vector is the most nice and polite being in the galaxy, but he's a freaking bug. It's tragic, it's weird, it's kinky. It's interesting and he's got a serious(ly weird) following.

Andronikos is definitely not nice, but he's not that interesting, either. You don't see many "omg bring back my nicky" posts around here.

What is it about Quinn that makes him interesting? Is it the betrayal?

I am so happy they're returning Quinn to us. My SW had to grab a 'pretend' Quinn from the terminal (along with my other girls) because I and them, were missing their husbands badly.

As for the choose your side, thing.

Well, I've taken 8 people through KOTFE and KOTET and all 8, cept for Trooper and Bounty Hunter, are missing their husbands.

If I have to choose Republic for Doc, Corso and Iresso/Tharan C. Then I will

If I have to choose Imperial for Andronikos, Quinn and Vector. Then I will.

The other companions I'll just have to decide what to do if we can. So far my 8 girls have been kind. I'm in charge of the Eternal Alliance on the light side, so there is no throne, just me commanding the fleets to bring supplies and crap to everyone affected by Arcann's family.

I have Arcann, Senya, and Koth. I did my best to be kind, I may have punched Saresh >.> but otherwise, I'm been a good light sided girl.

I do want my other companions back, but my husbands are more important to me.

SQUEELS!!!! I can't wait til April. Seems like such a loooooooooooooooooong way away!

YAY QUINN!!!!!

You qinnmancers are so weird

So your ok with wanting to be in a relationship with some who tryed to kill you?

There is no way you can rationalize that unless you have some bizzare case of Stockholm syndrome, the only reason anyone should be reasonably excited about this is if you are looking forward to rectifying the original class stories mistake of not being able to kill him

In a game with weak female romances quinn is still one of the worsts, picking his job over his feelings for you, i actully felt pity for the female SW when she says "but i thought you loved me".

So im happy too that he's back, so i can finally put that traitor where he belongs, 6 feet under.

Well, that's your opinion.

The rest of us Quinnsters, love Quinn, love the voice actor for Quinn and understand the depth of the hows and whys he did what he did. I see it as there was a camera chilling at the Transponder station, witnessing everything that happened as Baras wanted to see it first hand. Then when the female/male SW kicked the droids *** and Quinn's, he went away and fumed. This way he saw Quinn try, and he saw it didn't work.

I highly doubt at least for a respectful (meaning you weren't an ****** to any of your companions before this) sith warrior, Quinn didn't want to do this. Whether you were his girlfriend, wife, or just his lord (on the male side). Now if you were mean and evil to everyone, then I could see him taking pleasure in trying to whoop your ***.

I forgave him because my girl is married to him, still is, my characters are still faithful to their husbands just missing them badly. And in legacy tree land, she has a child with him (already made two more for more kids).

So, it doesn't bother me. Once it's a game. Two your a sith and people betray you left and right. And three, I'm married in real life, almost 20 years, so that gives me a better understanding of why I'd even think of forgiving him in the first place. Plus, it does help that Quinn's voice actor, as Quinn, sounds so damn sexy.

Well, that's your opinion.

The rest of us Quinnsters, love Quinn, love the voice actor for Quinn and understand the depth of the hows and whys he did what he did. I see it as there was a camera chilling at the Transponder station, witnessing everything that happened as Baras wanted to see it first hand. Then when the female/male SW kicked the droids *** and Quinn's, he went away and fumed. This way he saw Quinn try, and he saw it didn't work.

I highly doubt at least for a respectful (meaning you weren't an ****** to any of your companions before this) sith warrior, Quinn didn't want to do this. Whether you were his girlfriend, wife, or just his lord (on the male side). Now if you were mean and evil to everyone, then I could see him taking pleasure in trying to whoop your ***.

I forgave him because my girl is married to him, still is, my characters are still faithful to their husbands just missing them badly. And in legacy tree land, she has a child with him (already made two more for more kids).

So, it doesn't bother me. Once it's a game. Two your a sith and people betray you left and right. And three, I'm married in real life, almost 20 years, so that gives me a better understanding of why I'd even think of forgiving him in the first place. Plus, it does help that Quinn's voice actor, as Quinn, sounds so damn sexy.

It's too bad there's so many people who won't read (or try to comprehend or accept) our explanations, they just ask over and over and over..

Edited by grania

Yeah, that whole grab/kiss thing did it for me. If I recall, only Quinn, Andronikus and Corso do that animation. Although with Quinn it was more adorable because he had to put aside a lot of his inhibitions and break through a lot of personal barriers. (Lol, you could be right about the SW thing.)

My girl characters are like me, we likes a handsy man getting all aggressive before fun times. :p

I like to RP in my head that in front of the world, my Sith is all bad *** woman. And behind closed doors, Quinn is all bad *** man. But that's my little head and it just makes his shyness on Balmorra that more fun.

What is it about Quinn that makes him interesting? Is it the betrayal?

British accent since I'm a Brit

They picked a good look for him

Sense of duty

Some of the romance conversation options are really good

...and lest we forget:

http://imgur.com/a/9w7xI this has got to be the best "where the hell are you" romance letter in the game. Even better than the one from Aric Jorgan. Sensible uptight (in a good way) Quinn has lost it in that letter :( His return story better be awesome!

Edited by Sarova

Am I the only one that wanted the (romanced) betrayal scene to go like this?:

Quinn: "I made these droids to kill you"

SW: "I'm pregnant."

That's how it went pretty much for me in my head. I did the play through back in 2012. So we were married and sexy fun timing before the betrayal. But she didn't get a chance to mention she was expecting until afterwards when he and she are chatting for a few.

I definitely hope they keep his original look like they did for the other vanilla Companions and maybe add an optional customization that gives him some grey on the sides of his hair, Reed Richards style lol... Quinn's what now? 45? [Edit] He might be closer to 47?

I'll go for a touch of grey. Quinn, when he meets my SW, his wife, for the first time is 37. My sith warrior the first time they meet? She's 18. So he's 19 years older. lol

British accent since I'm a Brit

They picked a good look for him

Sense of duty

Some of the romance conversation options are really good

...and lest we forget:

http://imgur.com/a/9w7xI this has got to be the best "where the hell are you" romance letter in the game. Even better than the one from Aric Jorgan. Sensible uptight (in a good way) Quinn has lost it in that letter :( His return story better be awesome!

So many of those letters were so well done I give huge props to who ever wrote them, Quinn's was one of my top fav's though. :)

He was. Also he and Bertie Carvel (Imp Agent) were together in "Coalition". I was awesome to see them together :D

I didn't say that *I* forgave them. I hate those characters with the flaming passion of a thousand suns. I'm trying to understand what the players that do like them see in them, I for one see nothing. I attribute their popularity with some as the bewbs factor, for me personally, they have no redeeming qualities. I killed Thana, Kaliyo and NailzonChalkboard on my main.

I fail to understand why more can't forgive Quinn, it makes such perfect sense to me, that he was stuck between a rock and a hardplace...as I've said in other posts throughout this thread.

Sorry, I didn't mean this directed at you. Just quoted you and spoke on the subject you touched.

Personally I don't like these characters either, and can't understand so much hate toward him either. There are more unpleasant NPCs in this game. But whatever. What really bothers me is that this hate spills to people who don't share it. This thread is the first thing that makes me believe I'm not some kind of tiny minority that doesn't want to shred him to pieces.

It's good to be in this good company ;)

I have to confess, I'm having a hard time reconciling the fact that in a couple months, people are going to start taking their shiny new Quinns places like Coruscant, and the Republic Fleet. The Esseles! He just doesn't belong there, I'm very sorry I'm so greedy about it. :(