Force bubble way OP

heechJunzi

Said it before and i'll say it again... Fix the resolve system first. Then if sorcs still require adjusting, do it.
Then? You're saying that as if sorcs would somehow benefit from a fixed resolve system. Sorc and sage are the only classes that benefit from from the current system:

1. They can stun an opponent several times now.(read: the only way of surviving in the current enviroment)

2. They will die in one stun anyway so it's not like "not being able to get stunned three times in a row" has any effect on them. They've never even experienced the second stun.

Edited by MidichIorian

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really getting tired of the lack of foresight. This society is weened on the mentality that if you have a headache you pop a freaking pill. Newsflash... If you have a headache you find out the root cause and you address that. Simple logic I know and it's completely lost on most people.

Resolve system is supposed to "deal' with the ******** amount of stuns being thrown about. Bioware, in an attempt to fix things made it much worse and on top of that introduced a mechanic to sorcs that exasperate the problem even more.

So i'll say it again. fix the resolve system so that it actually deals with the massive volume of stuns, roots, etc being chucked around and then look into making sorcs viable.

Don't touch resolve. Look at the cc breaker cooldowns.

Don't touch the stun bubbles directly, just remove the ability to manually break the bubble.

Small changes like those two. Don't go overkill on the nerf bat since sorcs and sages don't have any truly viable 31 point specs for pvp. The free on demand cc is OP, the skill itself isn't.

Please

a) keep the stun bubble on the place it is (talent and tree)

b) Make the bubble stun on damage break

c) That stun is for the caster, not the other players bubbled

Sage/Sorcs need the defensive tools, but if u give more defensive tools to other classes that are already balanced u are just ading MORE STUNS to the field and the game does not need more stuns, really wake up and understand please...THE GAME HAS ALREADY ENOUGH CC TOOLS DONT ADD MORE

Might just take it out completely mate from what you are suggesting.

Just think of the advantage.. if they move the stun bubble from the lightning tree to say, the healer tree then no one will play lightning at all. As dps goes lightning is terrible, all sustained high casting times which is useless in pvp and the damage done is really low even in great gear; The only value is the stun bubble which might help your team.

Seriously.. balancing the sorcerer, if they remove the stuns from bubbles on other players or change the resolve limits (so everyone will always be immune) then Bioware needs to multiply the damage on dots times 10, and at least double the damage on force lightning.

Taking away the bubble stun would be a serious nerf akin to just deleting the class, or say, removing any reason for a sorcerer to be played in pvp at all.

Chisaineko

50 WH Sorcerer - heals, bubbles, and dps.

A good sage can do just as much damage as a good vanguard if he plays purely offensive. What's missing are/were survivability tools and burst dps for 1v1 fights. The latter is difficult and maybe even not possible to address as the balance tree, the only viable dps tree atm, is designed for dots and not for burst. Or maybe give a boost to project/shock and problem solved.

Edited by MusicRider

My sage was the first AC I rolled, and I hit 50 with him about a week after 1.4 went live. In my ignorance, I did my PvP grind from recruit to BM gear as a full Balance sage.

It was horrible.

I've played many a MMO over the years, and I've never felt that useless in PvP before. At first I just wrote it off to me being new, and also recruit gear. But when I was in full BM gear, still getting crushed the instant a melee class focused on me, I began doing serious research on the state of Sage PvP. Which of course is when I found out it's trash as dps, and the only viable option is the bubblestun heal spec.

The difference was night and day. I was actually having a positive impact in the WZs I joined. I could survive much longer against melee, long enough to save teammates and defend nodes. I still feel my sage is the most fragile healer I've ever rolled in an MMO, but it was a big improvement over my misguided attempts to...well, do anything else.

Now BW is talking about changing the bubblestun. I understand other players concerns with the weird resolve gain and manual removal for an on-demand stun in very organized teams. And yet, if BW nerfs the bubble to the point of uselessness, my Sage dies with it.

Considering the PvE content of this game requires two hours a week to clear all relevant content, if PvP becomes pointless (pointless translated to: PvP'ing on almost any other AC would be a more rewarding use of my time) I'll likely unsub. I'm a one character kinda guy, and my sage is my character. If the many hours of grinding to get him where he is become worthless, I'll be very disappointed.

TL;DR My future in this game may very well be determined by BW's design direction with this one talent. Hope they don't screw it up.

I'm really getting tired of the lack of foresight. This society is weened on the mentality that if you have a headache you pop a freaking pill. Newsflash... If you have a headache you find out the root cause and you address that. Simple logic I know and it's completely lost on most people.

Resolve system is supposed to "deal' with the ******** amount of stuns being thrown about. Bioware, in an attempt to fix things made it much worse and on top of that introduced a mechanic to sorcs that exasperate the problem even more.

So i'll say it again. fix the resolve system so that it actually deals with the massive volume of stuns, roots, etc being chucked around and then look into making sorcs viable.

You were asking for it. Stop being egoistic and L2P.

Edited by MusicRider

let's see:

We got a nerf to adrenals to lower "spike" damage and a strong nerf on sorc/sage hybrid dps class so that the AC was almost put out from the table on 1.2. After that the dev team buffed a little bit some melee damage and cut some range on one of the highest dps AC's (Vanguard -Pt's) , so basically the idea of balance is not so bad but one thing is writting on paper and another thing is what we the players found out by trying and discovering that basically u can have a 2 smashmonkeys and 2 short ranged dps dealers not only doing the same amount of damage with enough surv but now,,,,hey! lets give em a short stun so they have another way of cc a target and burn it fast......WUT??????? REALLY!!!!!!

Guys we have ENOUGH cc's and tools in game and they are pretty good.

I still beleive sorcs need and will need more surv tools compared to other classes and even if the bubble is "annoying" it's fine, it gaves a squishy class 2-3 seconds to try to LOS, heal up and go on.

What i really can't understand is a full team (including myself in all the classes i play) with an aditional stun that not only does not slows TTK or makes the game funnier but has already changed the way rateds go.

So if both teams are using the bubbles as a defensive and OFENSIVE tool, there is no clear advantage in an equal scenario for any of them.

The only thing new on the table is that u have MORE cc and less movility

I still strongly beleive that sage/sorcs needed this tool taking in consideration the way 1.2 almost destroy their gameplay

But i CAN'T understand why the dev team is adding more stuns, mezzes, etc.....it makes the game more and more static and in my personal opinion...boring

The past changes on resolve are bad, adding more stuns is BAD, is not something that any team can't handle, in fact EASIER than before for a coordinated team, but the result is just B O R I N G

So please, keep the defensive tool FOR the caster only

I like and respect you Groncho, but that is a nerf to sages. That is worse than what it was before the change in 1.4

m2 buddy, this is a good discussion tho

I still can't understand why they destroyed this classes in 1.2 and yes i beleive they need a burst, but the result is more stuns. Is a cheap solution, this can't be the only way to improve them in the field.

let's see:

We got a nerf to adrenals to lower "spike" damage and a strong nerf on sorc/sage hybrid dps class so that the AC was almost put out from the table on 1.2. After that the dev team buffed a little bit some melee damage and cut some range on one of the highest dps AC's (Vanguard -Pt's) , so basically the idea of balance is not so bad but one thing is writting on paper and another thing is what we the players found out by trying and discovering that basically u can have a 2 smashmonkeys and 2 short ranged dps dealers not only doing the same amount of damage with enough surv but now,,,,hey! lets give em a short stun so they have another way of cc a target and burn it fast......WUT??????? REALLY!!!!!!

Guys we have ENOUGH cc's and tools in game and they are pretty good.

I still beleive sorcs need and will need more surv tools compared to other classes and even if the bubble is "annoying" it's fine, it gaves a squishy class 2-3 seconds to try to LOS, heal up and go on.

What i really can't understand is a full team (including myself in all the classes i play) with an aditional stun that not only does not slows TTK or makes the game funnier but has already changed the way rateds go.

So if both teams are using the bubbles as a defensive and OFENSIVE tool, there is no clear advantage in an equal scenario for any of them.

The only thing new on the table is that u have MORE cc and less movility

I still strongly beleive that sage/sorcs needed this tool taking in consideration the way 1.2 almost destroy their gameplay

But i CAN'T understand why the dev team is adding more stuns, mezzes, etc.....it makes the game more and more static and in my personal opinion...boring

The past changes on resolve are bad, adding more stuns is BAD, is not something that any team can't handle, in fact EASIER than before for a coordinated team, but the result is just B O R I N G

So please, keep the defensive tool FOR the caster only

so stop ppl from using the stun offensively by making it impossible to manually break it. Problem solved.

Don't touch resolve. Look at the cc breaker cooldowns.

Don't touch the stun bubbles directly, just remove the ability to manually break the bubble.

Small changes like those two. Don't go overkill on the nerf bat since sorcs and sages don't have any truly viable 31 point specs for pvp. The free on demand cc is OP, the skill itself isn't.

These are not bad points. I was also thinking that the cc breaks have long cooldowns, especially for some classes. Disabling the ability to debuff bubble stun armor I am convinced is necessary. Between good players it becomes a race on who will click and debuff first.

The CC on the bubble should absolutely stay. It is an incredible asset to the team that apparently most people only discovered in the time since 1.4. There is nothing overpowered about the stun itself, I see it as a very real and practical counter to melee DPS (which has a very high population right now) but it also has little to no effect on anyone that can DPS from beyond the bubble-break range (considering all ranged DPS with the exception of Sniper/Gunslinger are gimped if not completely underpowered). What may be overpowering it, though, is the way resolve is applied.

IMO, the only change to the bubble needs to be either:

- make the CC break on damage and applies the amount of resolve it presently does in 1.4.

- make the CC not break on damage and give it the same amount of resolve as all of the other instant stuns (ie. ~50%)

Regardless of the choice, the bubbles breaking from damage on allies should be protected. Stop being melee and you won't have these problems :p

Thanks for posting your thoughts about the stun bubble and its Resolve value. We do plan on making some changes to the bubble in the future, but we're still looking at some different options for addressing concerns about it. We'll continue taking your feedback into account and will let you know more when we can.

First better look at lolderpsmash and marauders which have the best defensie abilities in the game (better than any tank class) on super short cooldowns at that ...

so stop ppl from using the stun offensively by making it impossible to manually break it. Problem solved.

half of the problem

u still have and extra cc tool for Ac's that really....don't need em

shadow/assa....no need for extra cc

gunslinger/sniper....no need for extra cc

vanguards/pt's no need for extra cc

sent/guardians and mara/juggs.... no need for extra cc

scoundrel/operatives -----THEY NEED A NERF (jk)

maybe commandos can use them but well the class is not performing so good atm in other aspects

half of the problem

u still have and extra cc tool for Ac's that really....don't need em

shadow/assa....no need for extra cc

gunslinger/sniper....no need for extra cc

vanguards/pt's no need for extra cc

sent/guardians and mara/juggs.... no need for extra cc

scoundrel/operatives -----THEY NEED A NERF (jk)

maybe commandos can use them but well the class is not performing so good atm in other aspects

if you stop people from being able to use the cc manually, then you aren't giving other ACs more cc options. The bubble will break on dmg (controlled by the opponents) or it will break when duration ends (controlled by the bubble caster.)

Letting people control when it pops themselves is the TRUE problem. Solve it and sages won't be nerfed back into nothingness.

if they change the skill beyond that, they need to buff all 31 point specs for sage and sorc (they should make full specs viable before destroying the only worthwhile spec for ranked play

But melee is more faceroll. There's a reason why melee has such a high population rightnow.

Oh I am well aware they have a high population. It's also why I think you hear so many complaints about the bubble stun, there's more melee getting stunned [sARCASM] and we just can't have that![/sARCASM] It's range is 8-meters, its obvious this is the kind of thing that will have its greatest impact on classes/specs which must be in that range. Melee hates bubbles, ranged hates melee's leaps/control. It's almost like its balanced or something.

These are not bad points. I was also thinking that the cc breaks have long cooldowns, especially for some classes. Disabling the ability to debuff bubble stun armor I am convinced is necessary. Between good players it becomes a race on who will click and debuff first.

I agree that you should gain no benefit from manually clicking off the force armor buff, that is simply an exploit.

Thanks for posting your thoughts about the stun bubble and its Resolve value. We do plan on making some changes to the bubble in the future, but we're still looking at some different options for addressing concerns about it. We'll continue taking your feedback into account and will let you know more when we can.

Can you define "in the future"?

Everything he said is true, there is no L2P issue here, don't be a troll.

Actually you are the one being a troll. My first reply was a plain the resolve is fine. The l2p was on his second comment that whoever does not agree with him is "lacking foresight". Stop being his troll friend.