Questions from a returning player?

RowanThursday

As a long time player who drifted away after the end of Eternal Throne, on the twin grounds of Iokath being a,great steaming pile of bantha poodoo and of it being pretty obvious what the game was going to have to do in order to restore a status quo after the Zakuul arc, and that it wasn't a terribly inspiring prospect, I've now, like I suspect more than a few others, returned from the Dark Side fleeing a terrible space plague... or something like that :cool:

Anyway, obviously various things have changed. For the moment, I'm only really interested in story content to fill the time, and aiming to do a fresh set of eight class story runs over the coming year, all being well. So, that in mind, I do notice that a substantial number of quests have, well, "gone". Their quest givers are still mostly in game (though I note one, the quest giver for the Dromund Kaas Revanite chain, who is still active, but moved to a new, less helpful location), but most are still in place, just without quest icons, and when interacted with, give their "I don't have a quest for you at the moment" or their "bugger off, you're the wrong level" chat comments.

For a couple of examples, I'm thinking of Inquisitor Ragate on Korriban, the Republic bonus series quest giver on Nar Shaada, and a few others.

So, what I was wondering if someone could enlighten me is this:

Have these quests actually been removed altogether, and the "not today" chat responses being triggered just because they're still set up as quest givers - they still have the speech bubble tooltip, etc, but the quest is gone, so clicking triggers their "ineligible" response?

Or, is this an intentional artifact of all the boosted xp, subscriber and legacy perks etc that are meaning my new Knight, for instance, is arriving on Tatooine at level 45, and so most side quests are invisible and locked off on account of there being no need whatsoever for me to do them?

Lastly, if it's the second option, is there any sort of "show low level quests" option that I've not noticed in preferences now, to make these optional, or are they absolutely inaccessible unless you rigorously avoid over levelling by skipping planetary story entirely on some planets or something, and avoid flashpoints, etc?

Many thanks in advance for useful or entertaining answers😊

Edited by RowanThursday

When you bring your map up click the button for exploration missions. Then a lot fo those missions will appear. MAke sure you do again after you complete the starter planet as well or they won;t appear on all the other planets you go to.

Welcome back.

And above all, the change dates back to the release of 4.0 (KotFE Chapters I to IX), which is also when the class mission XP was permanently set to be 6x compared to its pre-4.0 values.

And all those missions now classed as "Exploration" were reset, allowing your previously maxed out level 60s to do them again.

As a matter of interest, any way to disable the "Planet controlled by blah blah blah" pop up thing that springs up whenever you enter a new zone?

It seems no less buggy and prone to stick around for ages rather than just fading out after a moment than it was when it first made its unwelcome appearance, so if there's a nice preferences toggle for "I don't care, don't tell me about it", I'd be most grateful :)

As a matter of interest, any way to disable the "Planet controlled by blah blah blah" pop up thing that springs up whenever you enter a new zone?

It seems no less buggy and prone to stick around for ages rather than just fading out after a moment than it was when it first made its unwelcome appearance, so if there's a nice preferences toggle for "I don't care, don't tell me about it", I'd be most grateful :)

I wish there was. I've had to relog to remove it before.

Edited by lukeisjedi

not yet, but it's been asked several times, hopefully one day, they'll listen to us :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the various answers. I dare say I missed most of those changes that actually happened with Eternal Empire; or at least forgot about them, since when Empire launched, I was mostly playing at that end of the level ladder, picking my way through Odessen, and Zakuul, the ghastly Galactic Command Slot Machine, and so on.

Interesting to know that the class XP level has actually jumped so much. I had noticed

It sounds rather as if the logical way to level alts with a primary focus on story, then, will be to divide it up. I've forgotten all but the broad strokes of most of the planetary arcs by this time, so sensibly, doing something like a set of Class Story + Heroic runs, but doing, say, the Taris planetary story on the Trooper (Not enough rank to tell Sareesh where to stick her lekku) , Nar Shaada's story on the Smuggler (making a mark on the underworld), Tatooine on the Knight (actually does have "call me if something's about to destroy a planet" tattooed on the forehead), and Alderaan on the Consular (dealing with a diplomatic crisis for the Republic), making them effectively expanded class story material, would get the use out of that content without having to feel repetitive.