How to win against sins as juggernaut? (Not a guide)

primadeluxe

You can't. Dps jugg will never win unless the sin is terrible.

Not exactly true. The sin does not need to be terrible, you just need to be a better over all player. If you are you can win and that in no way make the sin terrible. It just makes the Jugg player better. If skill is equal, which it never is, the the sin will win regardless of current meta because the can stealth and heal to full.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

You write sins, plural, so I expect you mean at least 2 at a time. In short, you are boned. Assuming equal level of skill, the sins with burst you down and kill you eventually. You should be able to force 1 of them to cloak out, but they will be back with full health to help finish you off.

1 vs 1 is an entirely different matter, and my money would be on the jugg, again, assuming equal level of skill.

1 vs 1 is an entirely different matter, and my money would be on the jugg, again, assuming equal level of skill.

But how about that sin also stealthing to heal up? And then come back and wear you down. And don’t forget the multiple tactical swapping they can do to give them two Stealths

My moneys on the sin.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Jugg has much better DCDs than a Sin, so you best bet is to know when they are going to vanish and do your own tactical swap / channel hatred immediately.

Use your CC when you are able to do your biggest damage and break range as much as possible since you are doing dot damage as Veng.

It is an uphill battle if you are not Immortal, but the fight is pretty close if you are both playing correctly and countering eachothers DCDs. The hard thing to overcome is if the Sin is good and stops hitting you immediately when you pop Enraged Defense.

But how about that sin also stealthing to heal up? And then come back and wear you down. And don’t forget the multiple tactical swapping they can do to give them two Stealths

My moneys on the sin.

If we are talking a straight up 1 v 1, then the jugg will most likely lose combat when the sin cloaks out i.e. jugg can H2F as well. Even without this, my money is still on the jugg due to far superior DCD - some which might come off cool down when the sin is out healing. A jugg that knows how to leap for immunity will leave the sin quite vulnerably for most of the fight.

That being said, there are many sins that would school me on my jugg because they are straight up better players, but generally speaking I would not fear the encounter.

and break range as much as possible since you are doing dot damage as Veng.

Sorry but that is terrible advice. The only reason to move away from a sin, would be to leap for immunity - and you certainly don't want a sin on your heels while trying to lumber away. Sins has terrible defenses, and you should stay right in their face.

Edited by Lundorff

sorry but breaking range with mad dash to leap in again is great against assassin. Your goal in a 1v1 is to have a higher damage uptime than your opponent. If you can get your dot rotation off, mad dash into a charge you have given yourself much more uptime than the assassin. I am not saying, hey run around while an assassin hits you in the back...

sorry but breaking range with mad dash to leap in again is great against assassin. Your goal in a 1v1 is to have a higher damage uptime than your opponent. If you can get your dot rotation off, mad dash into a charge you have given yourself much more uptime than the assassin. I am not saying, hey run around while an assassin hits you in the back...

Then we are in complete agreement :)

Guy guys guys...

Taunt the sin while in combat (Single target and AOE Taunts) when you think they will vanish... keeping them in combat and unable to sleep you and H2F because both are still in combat.

This forces them to wait allowing more time for your superior DCDs to come off cooldown. Also, spam your slow, while it does minimal damages, it also can pop them back out of stealth and kills their opener also keeping them in combat.

The only time I am bested by a sin is when I don't have all my CDs up...

• 2 weeks later...

play immortal spec; ive literally never lost a duel against any sin in this spec...even with the stealth out, mez and heal cheese tactic. It used to be slightly harder when they could phase walk but now its just a matter of smacking them into submission.

As a DPS jugg? heh, i'd recommend forgetting that and rerolling a fury Mara and using the spliced genes tactical to annoy the hell out f that little burst window, obfuscate then demolish.