Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"C'mon, be a man!"

horrorfaneightys
11.29.2015 , 06:03 PM | #11
The thing that's really bugging me is that since the expansion hit, Kaliyo no longer says "Dibs on the head". Ever. I really loved that line.
Xaniata-kee Morga-dar Li'lu-fei Aiden-grey Jadze Sangui Lavent Rou'n Nua'mi Bloodsigh Argeia Rufous Charc Janeena Rubane Gwyrr Vio'xa Audrina Rey

KrazieFox
11.29.2015 , 06:17 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiesu View Post
Lokin does not have this bug. Neither does Scorpio afaik.
Hmmm ... then I guess the fact that Vector, Lokin AND Scorpio say "C'mon, be a man!" in Kaliyo's voice must be a different bug to the one affecring Temple?
".... just want to have fun, ..." - Cyndi Lauper, 1983

Kiesu
11.29.2015 , 06:26 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by KrazieFox View Post
Hmmm ... then I guess the fact that Vector, Lokin AND Scorpio say "C'mon, be a man!" in Kaliyo's voice must be a different bug to the one affecring Temple?
Must be, my Lokin and Scorpio are quite fine (just logged my own agent to check). Only Temple and Vector still seem to like impersonating Kaliyo.
Refer! - Alignment funzies - Artsy trashbin -
What made Origin stories superior to KotFE/ET? All 8 story characters could co-exist.
Level and world designer, comic artist, general RP nerd and occasional snark novelist.
Legions of Lettow → Tomb of Freedon Nadd → Red Eclipse → Darth Malgus.

Daezihang
11.29.2015 , 06:50 PM | #14
I'd say the terms are sexist to men as well - and of course if the implication is "don't be a woman" then that's obviously pretty poor, though I don't think this is just a given.

Sexist to men because it may suggest that if you don't act a certain way being male, then you aren't really a man.

Eialune
11.29.2015 , 08:41 PM | #15
I had this bug prior to the patch (haven't played the char since so I don't know if I still have it) and the line of Kaliyo's that kept getting repeated was "Make me look good." I didn't hear "Be a man!" once. I'm curious, does she say different combat dialogue depending on the gender of your character and/or whether or not you've romanced her?

I'm just trying to figure out why I'm having the same bug, but with different combat dialogue.

RameiArashi
11.29.2015 , 09:03 PM | #16
On Jedi Knight "Doc" impersonates Kira. So its not limited to imperial agent.

Haruen
11.29.2015 , 11:57 PM | #17
Not that this isn't a bug...

But isn't the person being addressed the person being killed? Or are they saying this when summoned/dismissed?

Skorpio on my Inquisitor never used this line, but I haven't used her much.

Callaron
11.30.2015 , 12:16 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by horrorfaneightys View Post
The thing that's really bugging me is that since the expansion hit, Kaliyo no longer says "Dibs on the head". Ever. I really loved that line.
Have you tried playing her in another mode than healer?
I think their dialogues are tied to whatever mode you put them in.

I could be completely wrong there of course.
@OP: And yes, that glitch is very annoying.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

KrazieFox
11.30.2015 , 12:29 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Haruen View Post
But isn't the person being addressed the person being killed? Or are they saying this when summoned/dismissed?
As soon as I dismount "C'mon, be a man!" ... running down a corridor "C'mon, be a man!" ... as soon as I appear at a Fast Travel Point "C'mon, be a man!" ... I get into cover "C'mon, be a man!" ... I click on a quest objective "C'mon, be a man!" ...

They say it several times a minute ... it's all I am hearing when I have a companion out as my Agent ...

Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
Have you tried playing her in another mode than healer?
This was my thought - so I tried using Temple in dps mode, to help me clear faster, and she was still saying it.
".... just want to have fun, ..." - Cyndi Lauper, 1983

Callaron
11.30.2015 , 12:42 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by KrazieFox View Post
This was my thought - so I tried using Temple in dps mode, to help me clear faster, and she was still saying it.
There goes that idea then.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.