Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"C'mon, be a man!"

KrazieFox
11.29.2015 , 04:21 PM | #1
I am so sick of Ensign Temple, Vector, Lokin and Scorpio repeating over and over and over "C'mon, be a man!" doing their best Kaliyo impersonations ... they have her voice down to a tee!

ALL my Agent's companion's - maybe 4 times per minute ...

"C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man!"

I swear it's driving me insane ... may have to shelf my Agent until this is fixed
".... just want to have fun, ..." - Cyndi Lauper, 1983

LoverNoFighter
11.29.2015 , 04:41 PM | #2
It's actually very sexist. Just like the phrase " Man up! " .
LNF
Community ambassador

Star Wars Games - the best!

XiamaraSimi
11.29.2015 , 04:43 PM | #3
Bug is still in effect?

So much for those patch notes

On a random side note, when you have Skadge as a healer he sais "Awww. Do you need me to call your mommy?" Laughed soda out my nose, the pain!

Tsillah
11.29.2015 , 04:44 PM | #4
Play a female character...see if they still say it.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

KrazieFox
11.29.2015 , 04:47 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LoverNoFighter View Post
It's actually very sexist. Just like the phrase " Man up! " .
Precisely ... this is why it's p*ssing me off so much. If they were repeating anything else it wouldn't annoy me so much ... but I Don't want to be a man! That's all they keep saying - over and over and over ...

Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Play a female character...see if they still say it.
I am playing a female character - ALL my characters are female.

Kiesu
11.29.2015 , 05:16 PM | #6
Oh dear heres the offended people again- either upset not all NPCs are all goody two shoes with you- or not understanding its a bug from another NPCs dialog (Temples actual lines are not recorded (yet?) and rather replaced with Kaliyos).
Refer! - Alignment funzies - Artsy trashbin -
What made Origin stories superior to KotFE/ET? All 8 story characters could co-exist.
Level and world designer, comic artist, general RP nerd and occasional snark novelist.
Legions of Lettow → Tomb of Freedon Nadd → Red Eclipse → Darth Malgus.

Reno_Tarshil
11.29.2015 , 05:24 PM | #7
Grow up and stop being so offended at things.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

KrazieFox
11.29.2015 , 05:42 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiesu View Post
Oh dear heres the offended people again- either upset not all NPCs are all goody two shoes with you- or not understanding its a bug from another NPCs dialog (Temples actual lines are not recorded (yet?) and rather replaced with Kaliyos).
So, Vector, Lokin, Scorpio, Temple - all have not had their dialogue recorded yet? Vector sounds really freaky saying "C'mon, be a man!" in a woman's voice - as does Lokin ... you'd think in 4 years they would have 'recorded their dialogue' ...

Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Grow up and stop being so offended at things.
Ever tried reading? Of course, that assumes you can read ... my appologies if you cannot. My initial post was about how ANNOYING it is to have that line repeated over and over and over and over .... ad infinitum ... nothing to do with being offended ...

Darcorn
11.29.2015 , 05:48 PM | #9
Happened to my Agent too. It was kinda awesome that Scorpio talked like Kaliyo. My theory is this: she's an AI so she must've evolved enough to mimic other comps' voices. Like T 800/1000

Annoying about other comps doing the Kaliyo voice though :/

Kiesu
11.29.2015 , 05:54 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by KrazieFox View Post
So, Vector, Lokin, Scorpio, Temple - all have not had their dialogue recorded yet? Vector sounds really freaky saying "C'mon, be a man!" in a woman's voice - as does Lokin ... you'd think in 4 years they would have 'recorded their dialogue' ...
Lokin does not have this bug. Neither does Scorpio afaik.

Also, none of the other companions you listed were Healing companions in previous expansion, hence they didnt need to have these lines recorded. Some other companions are using other companions voices too when healing, like Scourge healing is actually using Rusk voice.
Its not just your agent that has this issue, lets get real here.
Refer! - Alignment funzies - Artsy trashbin -
What made Origin stories superior to KotFE/ET? All 8 story characters could co-exist.
Level and world designer, comic artist, general RP nerd and occasional snark novelist.
Legions of Lettow → Tomb of Freedon Nadd → Red Eclipse → Darth Malgus.