Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Cannot be interrupted" means what exactly?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"Cannot be interrupted" means what exactly?

Kadin
11.02.2015 , 11:49 AM | #1
On my Guardian, Blade Dance specifically states that it can't be interrupted but I've watched 3 times just now how it specifically does get interrupted from NPCs that I'm fighting. I'll start the ability and then something like a Killik on Alderaan will interrupt me and it shows 'interrupted' where the ability was channeling. Is the tooltip text wrong or am I missing something here? Same goes for my Jugg...

Please ELI5 cause I'm not getting this.

Keta
11.02.2015 , 11:52 AM | #2
File and in game bug report and see if they respond.

Kadin
11.02.2015 , 11:55 AM | #3
This has been happening for years, I'm only now at the point where I figure I'm not understanding it correctly and wanting to ask for clarification.

hadoken
11.02.2015 , 11:55 AM | #4
Should mean can't get interrupted by a specific interrupt skill. However you could still get controlled in some other fashion (stun, knockback) and be interrupted by that.

Celeryherring
11.02.2015 , 11:57 AM | #5
A conventional interrupt, like a kick, won't interrupt it (at least I have never seen it interrupted this way), but stuff like a knockback that breaks melee range (the kiliks do that and they're annoying) or a downright stun will.
Yes, of course, I have a referral link too: http://www.swtor.com/r/T8tlVD

ReverendAnderson
11.02.2015 , 11:57 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kadin View Post
On my Guardian, Blade Dance specifically states that it can't be interrupted but I've watched 3 times just now how it specifically does get interrupted from NPCs that I'm fighting. I'll start the ability and then something like a Killik on Alderaan will interrupt me and it shows 'interrupted' where the ability was channeling. Is the tooltip text wrong or am I missing something here? Same goes for my Jugg...

If you move or activate another ability while using Blade Dance, that will still interrupt it. If you get pushed, pulled, knocked down, stunned, or otherwise incapacitated while using Blade Dance, that will still interrupt it.
"Cannot be interrupted" basically just means that it is immune to any moves which specifically and only interrupt casting. So it's basically only good for PvP where every enemy will have access to their class's version of Force Kick.
"That's two sound theories in one day, neither of which deal with abnormally sized men."

Kadin
11.02.2015 , 12:08 PM | #7
Hrm... alright well yeah that makes sense I guess. I just see 'Cannot be interrupted' and then 'interrupted' when I use it so my brain is like... what the hell? Think that tooltip could use a rewrite.

pegasussgc
11.02.2015 , 12:17 PM | #8
Yeah, it is poorly designed and explained.
If you would like free stuff + some free sub time and
a character transfer, click the referral link below:

http://www.swtor.com/r/l8mHm5

Lord_Iurus
11.02.2015 , 08:55 PM | #9
So basically it means if you PVP against someone using an interrupt skill, they won't stop you, but otherwise it's nothing special.

DarthSylar
11.02.2015 , 09:02 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kadin View Post

It means that no matter how much Kanye West may want to intervene, you will be able to finish