Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Blade Dance" Name On Par With "Jedi Wizard" Before Launch - Please Consider Changing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"Blade Dance" Name On Par With "Jedi Wizard" Before Launch - Please Consider Changing

DomiSotto
09.04.2015 , 01:53 PM | #21
Well, if Ravage is one word, I guess it should be something similar for a guardian, like a sunburst, blaze, exorcise, perish, decimate, breakthrough.... I dunno. I am sure there is a great verb out there.
Deal.

Bakakiba
09.04.2015 , 01:53 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ShenLongKazama View Post
Please keep Master Strike. Why do you have to change my favorite abilities? First Force Storm and Force Quake get their duration reduced and now you're planning to change the name of my favorite Jedi Knight ability to something that terrible? goddammit!
Good, good...let the hate flow through you.
For free stuff, click the referral link here.

감사합니다!

Alssaran
09.04.2015 , 01:56 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangiban View Post
Personally I'm indifferent to the name change and it seems to me like people are just flipping out because change is scary. If it makes the naming conventions more logical, ok.
Pretty much.

I don't really care either way. I'm used to calling it Master Strike by now, but switching that to Blade Dance doesn't really grind my gears.

There is literally a thousand things you could discuss about this article. What do you think about the new utilities? What do you think about the new Sentinel/Marauder abilities? Do you think it will help their overall state in PvP? I could go on. Yet the thing people went for is: "I don't like that, change it!".

Yeah, a forum that has some useful discussions. That'd be great.

If I have helped you, then you could click this link to help me!
A single spark of hope can re-ignite the fires of freedom.

The-Kaitou-Kid
09.04.2015 , 01:58 PM | #24
As I've said before, I don't mind this name at all. I don't think it's amazing, mind you, but it's no sillier than Master Strike and I actually prefer it to Master Strike. At least with Blade Dance you can argue that it implies multiple hits, something Master Strike doesn't do, on top of the aforementioned conflicts with the class' naming conventions.

I wouldn't be opposed to them changing it to something new, or even keeping Master Strike (I prefer Blade Dance but not by so much that I'd be bothered by them not actually using it), but let's not pretend that Master Strike was any less silly.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Mallagant
09.04.2015 , 02:06 PM | #25
Personally I kinda like it from a RP perspective. Puts me in mind of of my favorite series of books. Fights between Drizzt and Artemis where always equated to a dance, and that's how I pictured their fight scenes while reading. Plus, to me, that's how a master would truly fight, as opposed to the hack and slash of a beginner. Just my 2c on a positive spin.
The Rahl Legacy - The Shadowlands
Mallagant Dar'ken Ray'kyen Ah'laric Archion En'treri Va'shir Kordoch Aydrion Alrick Sinfaye Sinifaye

DirtyDiggler
09.04.2015 , 02:07 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
Changing the name of Master Strike to "Blade Dance" is almost as bad as naming the Sage class Jedi Wizard.

Please considering using a different name.

Sith Warriors use... Ravage. And Jedi Knights... Blade Dance.

EDIT: I and thousands (maybe, one day, millions!) more will be extremely confused if using the Blade Rush ability in the same rotation. Both have the word "Blade." Clearly, a new name should be considered.
Who the flip cares what they name it, it the least of your problems, when you got sorc blinking and teleporting around.
FREE stuff, and in-game REWARDS, Click my link, 7 FREE days of sub,

FREE STUFF CLICK HERE

Savej
09.04.2015 , 02:14 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangiban View Post
Personally I'm indifferent to the name change and it seems to me like people are just flipping out because change is scary. If it makes the naming conventions more logical, ok.
My take on it as well. The names on abilities do not matter.

Alec_Fortescue
09.04.2015 , 02:19 PM | #28
I agree, change the name back please.

Asheris
09.04.2015 , 02:34 PM | #29
The name is fitting because you can see how much strenght SW uses while doing Ravage while his Jedi counterpart...dances. The whole set of guardian animations look silly and now they also get a silly name to match
Have a Darkside Cookie, it may contain traces of awesome stuff!

Simbr
09.04.2015 , 02:36 PM | #30
How about Blade Prance? And why does no one say Wizard anyway?