Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Blade Dance" Name On Par With "Jedi Wizard" Before Launch - Please Consider Changing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"Blade Dance" Name On Par With "Jedi Wizard" Before Launch - Please Consider Changing

Max_Killjoy
09.04.2015 , 01:28 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangiban View Post
Perhaps you didn't read the part where they said, " The Jedi Knight’s Master Strike ability has been renamed “Blade Dance” because Soresu Form reduces the Focus gained by “Strike” abilities (Strike, Sundering Strike, and Warding Strike), but Master Strike does not generate or cost Focus – so its name is out of place with the conventions of the rest of the class."

Personally I'm indifferent to the name change and it seems to me like people are just flipping out because change is scary. If it makes the naming conventions more logical, ok.
People are irked because it's a really silly name and an utterly pointless change.

Aries_cz
09.04.2015 , 01:30 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
People are irked because it's a really silly name and an utterly pointless change.
Actually, the reasoning behind the change is logical, but the new name is a bit dumb...
Supreme Commander of all riots yet to come
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Nickious
09.04.2015 , 01:30 PM | #13
As long as the ability looks cool, I don't care. It could be called "Saber Stride" for all I care.
My Referral LInk: http://www.swtor.com/r/hRqjqk
Admittedly, I get a little bit more out of this deal than you do in the form of free CC but the benefits are nothing to scoff at, including 7 day sub and a free server transfer,
Click here for more info on how you can reap your own rewards.

azudelphi
09.04.2015 , 01:31 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
Actually, the reasoning behind the change is logical, but the new name is a bit dumb...
I agree.

Perhaps this thread should go in a constructive direction by suggesting replacement names?
Former Member of Squadron 367 - . = God
Here is the info: Referal Info - Here is the link: Referal Link

TitusOfTides
09.04.2015 , 01:33 PM | #15
I agree with the OP. Blade Dance demeans us more than Pub Mirrors already are. You could spend 2 minutes with a thesaurus and come up with something better.

Suggestions:

Blade Mastery, Sweep Away, Extinguish, Trample, Overrun, Overwhelm, Total Devastation, Retribution, Exorcise, Rebuke, Retribution... Thesaurus.com

Ballet of Blades, Blade Plie, Tango of Terror (SW), Salsa of Sabers, Contemporary Interpretive Blade Performance, or Saber Swing are also likeminded alternatives.
There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?

Joesixxpack
09.04.2015 , 01:43 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by azudelphi View Post
I agree.

Perhaps this thread should go in a constructive direction by suggesting replacement names?
I suggest: Master Strike.

TitusOfTides
09.04.2015 , 01:45 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
I suggest: Master Strike.
But that presents a problem absolutely no one noticed or cared about! In Soresu I thought I was going to generate -1 Focus!

Aries_cz
09.04.2015 , 01:46 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by azudelphi View Post
I agree.

For those of us who troll on /r/swtor, I launched a topic just for that purpose (much easier to downvote nonconstructive comments into hiding).

But I think it might be worthwhile to do something like that here on forums as well
Supreme Commander of all riots yet to come
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

ShenLongKazama
09.04.2015 , 01:49 PM | #19
Please keep Master Strike. Why do you have to change my favorite abilities? First Force Storm and Force Quake get their duration reduced and now you're planning to change the name of my favorite Jedi Knight ability to something that terrible? goddammit!
空の、エンター·ザ·ボイドと風になる
------------------------------------------

TitusOfTides
09.04.2015 , 01:50 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
For those of us who troll on /r/swtor, I launched a topic just for that purpose (much easier to downvote nonconstructive comments into hiding).

But I think it might be worthwhile to do something like that here on forums as well
Good for you!

If the people you are targeting with this already troll on Reddit, you wouldn't need to post it here, would you?