Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"bioware did a great job at balance" - yeah right

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"bioware did a great job at balance" - yeah right

Damianrh
12.23.2011 , 07:14 AM | #11
lol OP is a noob. You let the sniper just sit there and shoot you. Run up to him.

Exilim
12.23.2011 , 07:15 AM | #12
Could you be a little more vague in what classes you are talking about?
I believe in people bombing
I believe in people warring
I believe diseases coming
I believe that's why I'm running

bruttusone
12.23.2011 , 07:18 AM | #13
bah, this post reminds me of a guildmate
he's actually complaining about the same, but i know him and this kind of people
they only wanna play wit a OPclass, so they can brag about it how awsome they are
otherwise they are whinning like litle children

i hope this treat is clossed, in mine point of vieuw, the classes are wellballanst

stuppid idiots about there whinning that they are not OP considering the other classes

Boesmith
12.23.2011 , 07:19 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by mmjarec View Post
so.. what is exactly balanced about a class with max range having higher armor and better dps than a melee class that gets no stealth opener bonus and has the lowest armor.. why play stealth class again?

suposedly giving up armor would imply more dps but i havent been in an instance yet where my damage output wasnt doubled by a sniper sitting there in cover spamming the same buttons.

the only option for pvp survivability is tank spec which makes you subpar tanking and gimps your dps so you are niether a tank or dps because you gimp your damage by going tank and gimp your tanking by going damage

at least give us a reason to go within 4m and actually use melee moves besides enjoying getting CC'ed to oblivion either nerf the spec or buff assasins/shadows because while they might be one of the more represented classes in warzones it in no way implies that the class is anything other than average. arent assasins supposed to assassinate people? thats hard to do when u get knocked back,

kited and owned as soon as you pop stealth.

its nearly impossible to stay within melee range. and i'm sure you will not even read this far then blame my skill or gear, well.. i ahve the best gear you can get for my level and snipers 2 levels below me still out dps me.. why is this? because aguy can sit there in cover with 2x the armor and do 2x the damage... how is that balanced? the only way you can even kill one is to find one already half dead and finish him off.

your flames do not scare me, i am used to them, you know its the truth, roll something besides a sniper and try objectively evaluating the class balance.

"oh i kill plenty of snipers" .. yeah well they were probably afk or noobs.
I am pretty sure you're just a baddie heheh
SW:ToR needs so much fixes that they can make an expansion out of it. <Jedi guardian - chuundar>

Boesmith
12.23.2011 , 07:20 AM | #15
On a serious note: just roll something else until you find something you are good at, and just maybe you might find you aren't good at any. Just go with it, have fun, loosen up.
SW:ToR needs so much fixes that they can make an expansion out of it. <Jedi guardian - chuundar>

mmjarec
12.23.2011 , 07:20 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Damianrh View Post
lol OP is a noob. You let the sniper just sit there and shoot you. Run up to him.
have you even tried playing assasin? you use one CC break only to get snared and cc'ed again.. they die so easy? try having light armor.. at least they have the ability to snare and use range. i have to get to my target and am nearly dead by the time i even get within the 4m range.

and blah blah level 50 whatever, so i'm supposed to just suck for 49 levels?

i'm speaking from experience, complaining about level 50 unless u have actually pvped as a sniepr and assasin at 50 then reallyl are just blowing smoke if you cant speak from experience dont speak at all.

it pertains to both pve and pvp. its just worse in pvp cause you have to contend with CC. you can complain that snipers are so squishy yet you still have 2x the armor as a light armor melee class. you want heavy armor and a shield on top of your max range and insane dps... yeah thats the right direction.

from pvp forums:
"Yes that is right. On my Bounty Hunter I have found it more successful to to stop keybinding and stop running around after the enemy player and stop trying to kite enemy players. Instead I click every ability which seems to time perfectly with the gcd system. I sit there and unload on anything that comes at me. I was number one in damage and kills. "

try not lying to yourself and be honest like this guy.. they obviously are in need of tweaking or upgrade assasins.

you can deny all you want, in reality, the class will be first on the nerf list.

Shotannis
12.23.2011 , 07:32 AM | #17
I've had no problems beating any class in pvp as assassin and I'm only lvl 14. Learn to play the class. U have cc of your own with long range (whirlwind and electrocute). Use them to close the gap and then they won't last long

Rocsolid
12.23.2011 , 07:39 AM | #18
Im a Sith Assasin, when PVP'ing and what not I am always the top 1 or 2 in kills and usually the least in deaths. I don't see what your problem is, do you use you stuns properly? If you stun them move behind them and do a backstab that gets em pretty quick. I think you should really look at your skill set and use them to that point. This isn't a stupid WoW game where you can just sit there and use your abilities with no strat.

Caelith
12.23.2011 , 07:43 AM | #19
I agree with the point about keeping people in melee range for some classes.

But as an Assassin/Shadow you should not have that problem.
The siege of Coruscant was in fact brought to an end after the republic agreed to give the Empire a Shrubbery, one that looked nice and wasn't too expensive.

Boesmith
12.23.2011 , 08:19 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by mmjarec View Post
have you even tried playing assasin? you use one CC break only to get snared and cc'ed again.. they die so easy? try having light armor.. at least they have the ability to snare and use range. i have to get to my target and am nearly dead by the time i even get within the 4m range.

and blah blah level 50 whatever, so i'm supposed to just suck for 49 levels?

i'm speaking from experience, complaining about level 50 unless u have actually pvped as a sniepr and assasin at 50 then reallyl are just blowing smoke if you cant speak from experience dont speak at all.

it pertains to both pve and pvp. its just worse in pvp cause you have to contend with CC. you can complain that snipers are so squishy yet you still have 2x the armor as a light armor melee class. you want heavy armor and a shield on top of your max range and insane dps... yeah thats the right direction.

from pvp forums:
"Yes that is right. On my Bounty Hunter I have found it more successful to to stop keybinding and stop running around after the enemy player and stop trying to kite enemy players. Instead I click every ability which seems to time perfectly with the gcd system. I sit there and unload on anything that comes at me. I was number one in damage and kills. "

try not lying to yourself and be honest like this guy.. they obviously are in need of tweaking or upgrade assasins.

you can deny all you want, in reality, the class will be first on the nerf list.
Who would of ever guessed.....heavy armor blocks magic/force now!!

Dude, if you think a bh is easy, go try it, bet you still get owned. go back to wow and whine, not here sally. Just saying. You don't like it, there's the door.

BTW, I have an assas and a bh, my assas rocks him.