Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"bioware did a great job at balance" - yeah right

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"bioware did a great job at balance" - yeah right

mmjarec
12.23.2011 , 06:48 AM | #1
so.. what is exactly balanced about a class with max range having higher armor and better dps than a melee class that gets no stealth opener bonus and has the lowest armor.. why play stealth class again?

suposedly giving up armor would imply more dps but i havent been in an instance yet where my damage output wasnt doubled by a sniper sitting there in cover spamming the same buttons.

the only option for pvp survivability is tank spec which makes you subpar tanking and gimps your dps so you are niether a tank or dps because you gimp your damage by going tank and gimp your tanking by going damage

at least give us a reason to go within 4m and actually use melee moves besides enjoying getting CC'ed to oblivion either nerf the spec or buff assasins/shadows because while they might be one of the more represented classes in warzones it in no way implies that the class is anything other than average. arent assasins supposed to assassinate people? thats hard to do when u get knocked back,

kited and owned as soon as you pop stealth.

its nearly impossible to stay within melee range. and i'm sure you will not even read this far then blame my skill or gear, well.. i ahve the best gear you can get for my level and snipers 2 levels below me still out dps me.. why is this? because aguy can sit there in cover with 2x the armor and do 2x the damage... how is that balanced? the only way you can even kill one is to find one already half dead and finish him off.

your flames do not scare me, i am used to them, you know its the truth, roll something besides a sniper and try objectively evaluating the class balance.

"oh i kill plenty of snipers" .. yeah well they were probably afk or noobs.

Jeedaix
12.23.2011 , 06:51 AM | #2

Waypoc
12.23.2011 , 06:52 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeedaix View Post
lol why post if that's it?
Quote: Originally Posted by Chief Martin C. Brody View Post
You're gonna need a bigger boat.

Sinvx
12.23.2011 , 06:54 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Waypoc View Post
lol why post if that's it?
Because this thread is pointless? Clearly OP does not know how to play.
Octavia Minor
Terribad PvPer
<I Like Big Hutts>

Aerius
12.23.2011 , 06:56 AM | #5
They can do damage from 30m away and have more aoe attacks, of course they will do more DPS. They aren't going to make your attacks 50% more powerful to offset the time you need to spend sneaking around.

Bigger issue is whether you can take them down 1 vs 1, and I think the answer to that is yes, at least some of the time.
|DS| Deficio Societas - Ahazi

mmjarec
12.23.2011 , 06:56 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinvx View Post
Because this thread is pointless? Clearly OP does not know how to play.
right. and someone that sits there and spams the same 2 or 3 buttons does vs having to maneuver behind an opponent is sooo skillful. nice contribution.

Aralt
12.23.2011 , 07:09 AM | #7
Not saying the balance is prefect, but it is good. In both PvE and PvP. You just need to spec right.

titanmike
12.23.2011 , 07:11 AM | #8
I am confused, is this about PVP? If so then lol "balance". It will never be "right" because someone will always complain.

If this is about PvE then people should stop waving the e-peen around (won't happen) and just be nice.

Already, last night I seen a group looking for any class but a JC because they "suck."

HerrFett
12.23.2011 , 07:12 AM | #9
Talk about balance when everyone is 50.

This thread is pointless.

Machazareel
12.23.2011 , 07:13 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by mmjarec View Post
right. and someone that sits there and spams the same 2 or 3 buttons does vs having to maneuver behind an opponent is sooo skillful. nice contribution.
Yet they fold like paper when attacked. The problem is most people have no situational awareness and ranged players can simply plink away at the tunnel-visioning melee with little threat to themselves.