Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Brief" = 30 min. and other problems

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"Brief" = 30 min. and other problems

soletnsol
03.13.2012 , 11:09 AM | #1
So, my question is how do you mess up a 8 hour maintenance?

not only was nothing fixed, your so called maintenance just made everything worse.

What kind of coding is in this game that when you fix a quest and a companion, your fleets becoming instanced and you get booted char screen every wz?

I just played mass effect 3, and i can't believe that swtor was made by the same company.

Sure your ME3 ending was rushed after the leak but the game itself was phenomenal.

You're losing subscribers because of nonsense like this. Your company is losing face in the mmorpg world. If you ever EVER make a mass effect mmorpg, many people that would've jumped at it will look back on Tor and just shake their heads.

Whats funny is you're doing a 30 min restart and implying that this restart will fix the issues. So you had 8 hours to do your jobs but now you're saying you only need 30 min to fix the problems? Why didn't this happen DURING the 8 hours?

Sincerely,
A Swtor FAN

Qoojo
03.13.2012 , 11:11 AM | #2
People make mistakes. Someone probably messed up a setting in a config file. It's a game. You'll live for another 30 minutes without SWTOR.

This post is Wookie approved and
IEEE 9000 Ewok tested

BlownSi
03.13.2012 , 11:13 AM | #3
Keep it coming! This is giving me some great comic relief during the restart. The amount of tears are epic!
Harmeggido - J'anin - Zophie - Kaase
DaMG - The Shadowlands

AetherMcLoud
03.13.2012 , 11:13 AM | #4
ITT people knowing nothing about server maintenance raging about server maintenance.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

DarthWoad
03.13.2012 , 11:13 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by soletnsol View Post
So, my question is how do you mess up a 8 hour maintenance?

not only was nothing fixed, your so called maintenance just made everything worse.

What kind of coding is in this game that when you fix a quest and a companion, your fleets becoming instanced and you get booted char screen every wz?

I just played mass effect 3, and i can't believe that swtor was made by the same company.

Sure your ME3 ending was rushed after the leak but the game itself was phenomenal.

You're losing subscribers because of nonsense like this. Your company is losing face in the mmorpg world. If you ever EVER make a mass effect mmorpg, many people that would've jumped at it will look back on Tor and just shake their heads.

Whats funny is you're doing a 30 min restart and implying that this restart will fix the issues. So you had 8 hours to do your jobs but now you're saying you only need 30 min to fix the problems? Why didn't this happen DURING the 8 hours?

Sincerely,
A Swtor FAN
Maybe you could make your own MMO? Id be happy to play it, because I know an expert who knows everything about games has made it

simP_
03.13.2012 , 11:13 AM | #6
dumb people need jobs too.
I think i'm important so I have a witty sig.

Taleek
03.13.2012 , 11:14 AM | #7
Obviously they were changing something behind the scenes, and they messed something up. It is virtually impossible to have a game (or any large program for that matter) without bugs. Emergency maintenance happens, get over yourself, you'll live for half an hour.
*insert witty retort that will become someone's signature*- Kitty Prawn
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=347245
.- Never forget.
"DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

Faytedranes
03.13.2012 , 11:16 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
Maybe you could make your own MMO? Id be happy to play it, because I know an expert who knows everything about games has made it
EXACTLY! Kid's sitting here crying every second they can't play there game. Like finding something else to do during a BRIEF (yes, 30 mins is brief by most peoples standards). You pay $15 a month for the employees who maintain this game to maintain it, they do it, you cry about it.

Welcome to MMOs. This is normal. Get over it.
Would you kindly...

AngelousWang
03.13.2012 , 11:16 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by soletnsol View Post
your fleets becoming instanced and you get booted char screen every wz?
What? I;'ve been standing around on the fleet, send my companion off on mission and Warzones since the servers came up and had no issues, not even any latency in the Warzones, let alone get booted.

I'd say that was ether your computer, your connection or your install being screwed up.
CE VIP

Tankdiesel
03.13.2012 , 11:17 AM | #10
I just laugh that it takes 30 minutes to "restart." Guys, you don't actually have to use the same hardware you used back in 1927 when you started developing the game. There's this new store on the interwebs called Newegg, where you can get some new computer stuff for your servers pretty cheap. Gosh, you can probably even get the servers that restart in like 25 minutes or less.
OMG is that Nautilus?!?