Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Bugs" are blown out of proportion...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"Bugs" are blown out of proportion...

Ikonik
01.06.2012 , 08:23 PM | #1
...and the people that are overreacting and over-reaching are the types that sit around on a forum all day.
Real men heal.
<Nebula> Guildmaster
Empire

KetMalice
01.06.2012 , 08:24 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ikonik View Post
...and the people that are overreacting and over-reaching are the types that sit around on a forum all day.
Because when I zone into a Flashpoint, I fall through the world, then crash requiring a restart, and then it resets ALL of my in game settings. That isn't a big deal or anything....

eloco
01.06.2012 , 08:25 PM | #3
Definately. Making 30million credits in under a minute, is nothing to worry about.
January/4/2011 Leader of the 'Useless elevator outside D7 Flashpoint entrance Fanclub'.

DigitalDreamz
01.06.2012 , 08:25 PM | #4
So who's winning the fight:

The Whiners vs. Biowares patch team??

Excedrin
01.06.2012 , 08:30 PM | #5
I mean, I don't know. It's had game breaking bugs (Taris memory leak yeah!) and that is, in my opinion, on par with the bug in FO:NV that permanently locked your character out of the strip. They'd both force you to essentially start over again, the only difference is that thankfully MMO producers patch their game quickly. Even single player games do that though, there just tends to be less urgency because they already have your money. People pretty much hammered Obsidian for just that bug alone though there were obviously others (just as there are in TOR).'

But people need to not be afraid of that. MMO launches are buggy, this is the experience. If you came into this expecting something else you weren't prepared. They'll probably fix the bugs relatively quickly, but running a MMO is a monumental task. We should continue to criticize and point out these bugs/flaws so the game can get better, and when we refuse to acknowledge their existence all that happens is that a bunch of people having them become extremely exasperated.

So stop fighting it, just as people should stop expecting this game to launch with no flaws. I know you're probably trying to help, but you're actually hurting.
Alone is the default state of an MMO player, whether if be for minutes (or) months, and the game should embrace that. But making a massively single player game isn’t the answer.

-Damion Schubert

Excedrin
01.06.2012 , 08:31 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DigitalDreamz View Post
So who's winning the fight:

The Whiners vs. Biowares patch team??
There shouldn't be a fight. Presumably we all want the same thing: a quality game.
Alone is the default state of an MMO player, whether if be for minutes (or) months, and the game should embrace that. But making a massively single player game isn’t the answer.

-Damion Schubert

Amandeep
01.06.2012 , 08:31 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
BECAUSE YOU ARE SUB-40. How many times do we have to say this. 40+ was tested for less than a month before the game was released. It is a completely different game.
what 40+ bugs are you talking about. I raided eternity vault just fine yesterday.
Subscription countdown - 2 hours

Ikonik
01.06.2012 , 08:34 PM | #8
Only in TOR is the community elitist enough to demand that they get all the bugs.

Sorry. You have to be 40+ to get bugs and have the right to complain about them.

Inb4: Bugscore

LFM Daily raid. 6300+ bugscore only. PST.
Real men heal.
<Nebula> Guildmaster
Empire

Anya_Halberd
01.06.2012 , 08:35 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ikonik View Post
Only in TOR is the community elitist enough to demand that they get all the bugs.

Sorry. You have to be 40+ to get bugs and have the right to complain about them.

Inb4: Bugscore

LFM Daily raid. 6300+ bugscore only. PST.
The great thing about Bugscore is that its abbreviation is BS, which most of its users would be full of.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Quote: Originally Posted by -FarStar-
Anya_Halberd , have you ever been told, what you tongue (or in this case your typing skills) can be just like a razer blade sometimes ?! Thats a compliment btw . . .

LordRelyks
01.06.2012 , 08:35 PM | #10
Agreeable. People call silly glitches game breaking. Game breaking is where it is literally unplayable, as in you can't log in.

Wiz' Khalifa/Nevaro Kas'im from Flurry SWG.