Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Boohoo, I dont like SWTOR"

cesmode
01.04.2012 , 08:07 AM | #1
**Disclaimer, wall of text.

Listen, threads that detail why you dont like SWTOR (and even threads that defend the game such as this one), are really getting old

Ive been playing the game, reading the forums, and taking note of others' observations.

1. I am level 50 and now bored
Response: Why rush to max level, when you know the game and community will not catch up to you for months? Sure, some max levels will trickle in, but the majority of the community will be enjoying the game, trying new classes, exploring, etc. Once we all get our feet under us, we will get to max level, join you, and you will then find something else to complain about. Also, sure, raiding is limited, and one can only do so much extra questing or flashpoints, but again...*whispers*, the game has been out less than a month. Quit crying, and be patient.

2. So many bugs, omgwtf Im quitting!
Response: Read the last line of the response above. The game has been out for less than a month. Give the developers time to fix bugs. They already have fixed quite a few, including several gathering profession bugs that I found really annoying. Give them time. How can you judge a development team when the game JUST launched during the holiday season, and hasnt had time to compile the data, list the bugs, divide work loads, figure out solutions, respond to your tickets/calls, etc etc etc etc. Come on! Cut Bioware some slack. Now, if these same bugs persist in 6 months, thats a different story.

3. PVP is brokeded.
Response: PVP in ANY GAME, I repeat, ANY GAME, is broken. Do not tell me PVP is balanced in WoW. You'll have the warrior saying the frost mage is OP because he can kite him around. You'll have the mage saying the rogue is OP because he can stunlock you for 20 seconds. Youll have everyone complaining that pally bubbles are just plain OP. Again, give them time to see what works and how to balance. Honestly, PVP in any game will not be balanced. So live with it. Now, world PVP is a different story. I'll concede that they should have more areas that are contested, world pvp, more incentive, etc. However, not everyone likes PVP, so get off your high horse.

4. I dont like listening to some overpaid voice actor telling me where to go for my class quest.
Response: Did you read reviews on the game? Did you do any small bit of research before spending 60 dollars? You should have known that this game is 100% voice acted. Get used to it, get over it.

5. I really dont care about the story, let me just go kill X monsters and loot Y objects.
Response: Again, did you do any research? The game has been in development FOR YEARS!!! They have said during early development that this game will be STORY DRIVEN. If you arent willing to give the story, at least your class story, a fair try, then this game is not for you, you wasted 60 dollars, and you should quit. Rid us of your stupidity.

6. I NEED EVEN MOAR PVP!!
Response: Again, this is a story driven game. Any MMO will have PVP, yes. But look at the most successful MMO in history, dare I say it, WoW. It does not revolve around PVP(even though sometimes the changes made to classes make us think that it does). The game revolves around PVE and Blizzards limited ability to tell a story, and immerse us in the World of Warcraft Environment, culture, and lore. If you wanted a PVP-centric game, Go try aion or warhammer. There are two great examples of PVP-first games, and two great examples of utter failures. I think the trend can be stated that if developers set out to make their MMO lean more toward PVP, the game will die within a year. I've played both of those games, and they are definately geared more toward PVP. So again, if PVP is all you want and you just want your warzones fixed, otherwise you're gone..then just go. Not the game for you.

Im sure the forums are sick of seeing posts like this one, but I am sure a lot of people are sick of seeing the half-brain idiots that quit the game in under 2 weeks because bugs arent fixed, warzones are meh, and they are tired of smashing their space bar. To you people who think that way, I say to you: Bioware loves the 60 dollars you gave them. Next time, research into the product you are buying.

To Bioware: I commend you. Great job. Great game. Great story. Fix the bugs, add in new features, and you have yourself a winner for years to come.

TheTurniipKing
01.04.2012 , 08:08 AM | #2
And thus, complaining about the complainers began, and the world ended in a great divide by zero.

Mrshush
01.04.2012 , 08:09 AM | #3
no one cares. go post this on facebook.

Bungholiyo
01.04.2012 , 08:09 AM | #4
Well said sir well said

Darkhosis
01.04.2012 , 08:10 AM | #5
Once you start down the dark path of complaining... Forever will it dominate your destiny.
The Gamer Down - Game Reviews
http://www.youtube.com/user/darkhosis

aVmuse
01.04.2012 , 08:12 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TheTurniipKing View Post
And thus, complaining about the complainers began, and the world ended in a great divide by zero.
While it might be 2012, it is not 21/12/2012, then the world shall divide by the almighty 0.

Jetgrindgarn
01.04.2012 , 08:14 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Mrshush View Post
no one cares. go post this on facebook.
This isn't Facebook? Was wondering why I couldn't find the "Like" button...

cesmode
01.04.2012 , 08:16 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jetgrindgarn View Post
This isn't Facebook? Was wondering why I couldn't find the "Like" button...
Damnit. I knew I was on the wrong website. Can someone give me facebook's link?

cesmode
01.04.2012 , 08:17 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkhosis View Post
Once you start down the dark path of complaining... Forever will it dominate your destiny.

Complaining leads to frustration
Frustration leads to Anger
Anger leads to hate
Hate leads to... Suffering....

FernyEightyFour
01.04.2012 , 08:18 AM | #10
How long until this game hits Free To Play?