Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Spoilers and why I did not like TLJ

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Spoilers and why I did not like TLJ

AshurDarksoul
02.05.2018 , 05:23 PM | #431
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
what do you think is so progressive about TFA or TLJ?
First, im not going to get drawn into a political ideology debate. Isnt the purpose of this thread. I stated my reasoning for not liking tlj. There are plenty of videos out there detailing the political stink in the movie. Political indoctrination aside, the movie dishonors the original concepts and characters as well as "old school" fans on many levels. These are detaled in many outlets.

As far as progressivism, like many "ism's" there are several versions under one umbrella. And like other "ism's" , many have radical and near militaristic groups within the umbrella. You can cite the principles of traditional progressivism. My reference is towards radical, modern, neo progressivism.

Ashur

This is NOT the Friends Referral Link your looking for ...
http://www.swtor.com/r/bzx7pl

jarjarloves
02.05.2018 , 06:30 PM | #432
Quote: Originally Posted by AshurDarksoul View Post
First, im not going to get drawn into a political ideology debate. Isnt the purpose of this thread. I stated my reasoning for not liking tlj. There are plenty of videos out there detailing the political stink in the movie. Political indoctrination aside, the movie dishonors the original concepts and characters as well as "old school" fans on many levels. These are detaled in many outlets.

As far as progressivism, like many "ism's" there are several versions under one umbrella. And like other "ism's" , many have radical and near militaristic groups within the umbrella. You can cite the principles of traditional progressivism. My reference is towards radical, modern, neo progressivism.

Ashur
That's like saying I hated Revenge of the Sith because it was too Christian.

"General Forums you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must use caution"

TalonVII
02.05.2018 , 07:35 PM | #433
what force powers did Yoda teach Luke?

Jedi training isn't about learning new force powers its more of learning about what the force is.

As for why Luke didn't just give the texts he said it in the first lesson he feels the Jedi order needs to die as they gave power to Palpentine, Vader and now under him Kylo Ren.
Yoda had a few things.

1. A lot more time.
2. Taught Luke PLENTY of lessons on control(not that Luke listened much).
3. Taught Luke the lesson that failure is the best teacher(eventhough Luke forgot that lesson)

Yoda taught Luke a hell of a lot more about the force than than Luke taught Rey.

But lets be real here. If Yoda had told Rey to use the force to yank the X-Wing out of the swamp, she'd of done it without batting an eyelash.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

NuSeC
02.06.2018 , 08:21 AM | #434
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
There is literally no curse in Huttese, Shriwook, or Basic for this blatant stupidity.
really... I mean really?

You really this tore up over a fictional situation and how we all know it played out.

LMAO!!!!
3 server merges and a transfer later...
Kinrath Spider -> Fatman -> Pot5 -> Shadowlands -> Star Forge
GM of <Blue Milk Dairy Farmers>
Elite Warlord Doze - Jugg / Elite Warlord Bigolcritties - Sorc

NuSeC
02.06.2018 , 08:25 AM | #435
no they were not I asked you where the 60% of women agree they are feminist from the WAPO poll came from and you answered with
You are cherry picking information. That is what you are doing.

Also, the only reason you are doing that is because you want to argue.

Most women do not identify as being a feminist if asked a blunt yes or no.
The end.

That is 100% wrong. They asked them do you identify as Strong Feminst, Feminist and so on.

You are lying.
You really just want to argue. MY GOD. for the 100th time. They never asked straight out if there were or were not a feminist. They asked a bunch of other questions but asking yes or no to this was not one of them.

You want to project me a lying, that is all you want to do. Go away. This thread is about TLJ and my issues with it. I am not going to be derailed any longer by your trolling.

jarjarloves
02.06.2018 , 10:30 AM | #436
That is 100% wrong and you are a liar.

Quote: Originally Posted by NuSeC View Post
You really just want to argue. MY GOD. for the 100th time. They never asked straight out if there were or were not a feminist. They asked a bunch of other questions but asking yes or no to this was not one of them.

You want to project me a lying, that is all you want to do. Go away. This thread is about TLJ and my issues with it. I am not going to be derailed any longer by your trolling.

once again you are lying. I gave you a direct link to the question. from the poll

https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps/...n-the-us/1946/

page 3 question 3

3. Do you consider yourself to be a strong feminist, a feminist , not a feminist or an anti-feminist?

are you denying that question was asked in the poll?

"General Forums you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must use caution"

AlienEyeTX
02.06.2018 , 10:47 AM | #437
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Yoda had a few things.

1. A lot more time.
2. Taught Luke PLENTY of lessons on control(not that Luke listened much).
3. Taught Luke the lesson that failure is the best teacher(eventhough Luke forgot that lesson)

Yoda taught Luke a hell of a lot more about the force than than Luke taught Rey.

But lets be real here. If Yoda had told Rey to use the force to yank the X-Wing out of the swamp, she'd of done it without batting an eyelash.
1) Really? How long was Luke there? For that matter, how long was Rey with Luke? None of this is explicitly spelled-out.

2) He told Luke that he must learn control. That's about it. Luke explained the Force to Rey and taught her how to reach out and see things through the Force.

3) True. And Luke taught Rey that the Force is bigger than just the Jedi. Important lesson for the future.

4) Maybe Rey could have lifted the X-Wing. The difference between Rey and Luke is that Rey believes things can be done. That was Luke's biggest obstacle... he didn't buy into everything and wouldn't change his way of thinking. Without that roadblock, much is possible. There was never a necessity for Luke to learn how to lift a large object. It is the same as lifting a rock or a lightsaber. He just thought it was more difficult. I saw a quote somewhere recently that said something along the lines of: Doubt kills more dreams than failure does. That totally applies in this situation.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

TalonVII
02.06.2018 , 11:35 AM | #438
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
1) Really? How long was Luke there? For that matter, how long was Rey with Luke? None of this is explicitly spelled-out.

2) He told Luke that he must learn control. That's about it. Luke explained the Force to Rey and taught her how to reach out and see things through the Force.

3) True. And Luke taught Rey that the Force is bigger than just the Jedi. Important lesson for the future.

4) Maybe Rey could have lifted the X-Wing. The difference between Rey and Luke is that Rey believes things can be done. That was Luke's biggest obstacle... he didn't buy into everything and wouldn't change his way of thinking. Without that roadblock, much is possible. There was never a necessity for Luke to learn how to lift a large object. It is the same as lifting a rock or a lightsaber. He just thought it was more difficult. I saw a quote somewhere recently that said something along the lines of: Doubt kills more dreams than failure does. That totally applies in this situation.
1. Luke was on Dagobah most of the time the Falcon was running from the Empire. The situation in the Asteroid field was listed to have taken anywhere from a week to 2 weeks. Then getting to cloud city from that field actually took the better part of 2 months because the Falcon was at sublight speeds. So Luke was with Yoda anywhere from a month to 3 months. Conversely at best Rey was with Luke a month tops. More like a week or so.

2. Luke didn't teach her that. She had already done that at Starkiller base on TFA. Luke simply put a name to it. When it came to actual force techniquefs, he taught her ZERO.

3. This was probably the ONLY actual thing he taught her.

4. Very much a point and I'll concede it but, makes her a bit too perfect. Personally I'd of given her a control flaw. She has 2 settings, on and full power, no in between. Much like Gohan from DBZ in early years. If she'd of been like that and Luke had actually taught her to control the level of power, more relatable. But that's just a personal nitpick.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

NuSeC
02.06.2018 , 11:42 AM | #439
That is 100% wrong and you are a liar.

once again you are lying. I gave you a direct link to the question. from the poll

https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps/...n-the-us/1946/

page 3 question 3

3. Do you consider yourself to be a strong feminist, a feminist , not a feminist or an anti-feminist?

are you denying that question was asked in the poll?

Is it a direct yes or no? No it is not, therefore it does not matter as my claim, and the proof presented, overwhelmingly says that if asked a direct yes or no, they say no.

"3. Do you consider yourself to be a strong feminist, a feminist , not a feminist or an anti-feminist?"

IS NOT THE SAME AS

"Are you a feminist ?" "Yes" "No".

Because as stated on that same poll (you keep wanting to regurgitate to have something to argue about) says:

"The Post-Kaiser survey’s question, first asked in a 1986 poll by Newsweek and Gallup, found 47 percent of Americans identifying as a “strong feminist” or “feminist,” while 44 percent identified as “not a feminist” or “anti-feminist.” Surveys asking yes-or-no about identifying as a feminist have found far fewer identifying with the movement, about 20 percent since the 1990s."

GO AWAY TROLL!

jarjarloves
02.06.2018 , 05:03 PM | #440
Is it a direct yes or no? No it is not, therefore it does not matter as my claim, and the proof presented, overwhelmingly says that if asked a direct yes or no, they say no.

"3. Do you consider yourself to be a strong feminist, a feminist , not a feminist or an anti-feminist?"

IS NOT THE SAME AS

"Are you a feminist ?" "Yes" "No".

Because as stated on that same poll (you keep wanting to regurgitate to have something to argue about) says:

"The Post-Kaiser survey’s question, first asked in a 1986 poll by Newsweek and Gallup, found 47 percent of Americans identifying as a “strong feminist” or “feminist,” while 44 percent identified as “not a feminist” or “anti-feminist.” Surveys asking yes-or-no about identifying as a feminist have found far fewer identifying with the movement, about 20 percent since the 1990s."

GO AWAY TROLL!

This is what you said

It is in my previous posts. I quoted directly from the page. They were not asking them if they were feminists or not with "yes"or "no" answers. Because when they did that, only 23% of Americans said they were. They asked if people supported equal rights, working conditions and other questions. Then said those questions fit the definition of a feminist. That is where the 60% comes from.

You are a liar