Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Spoilers and why I did not like TLJ

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Spoilers and why I did not like TLJ

TalonVII's Avatar


TalonVII
01.30.2018 , 02:41 PM | #351
Quote: Originally Posted by NuSeC View Post
LOL are you saying that every person killed by a Jedi was strictly in self defense?

What about Windu? When Windu was going to kill Palatine and had him in a window, was that anger or was it justice?
Mace was completely in the wrong. He should of knocked Palpatine out and taken him in like he was supposed to. I have never condoned that Mace was right for his actions.
Some people believe it to be out of synch with Luke, I agree. You may not agree and that is your right
Windu was totally wrong for trying to kill Palpatine like that. Period the end.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

NuSeC's Avatar


NuSeC
01.30.2018 , 02:59 PM | #352
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
no.. it's really not. I dug up your Pearl Harbor statement as well as your claim that women don't like feminism. Both of those you were wrong on and both of which YOU brought up.
Again, I will try to explain in a simple kind of way so maybe your comprehension level will be able to ingest it.

Pearl harbor was an anology, a bad one but none the less it was about hyperspace missiles. Also, as far as the feminsm thing. I will respond to that with glee in the following post.
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
The issue isn't missreading something its that YOU DON"T READ YOUR OWN SOURCES AS WELL AS OTHER PEOPLES RESPONSES.
I will show that you did not read my links on feminism nor understand the point.

Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
Yes it was about Hyperspace missiles which of course would be useless as we firmly established.
No, no we did no such thing. If anything, it was very much the contrary.


Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
yes I was an AP physics teacher who doesn't care about how you spell a word on the SWTOR forums. If you can show me where misspelling a word on a video game forum would disqualify you from teaching I would love to see it.
Whatever man, you misspelled it consistently in every post... I think 6 times or more in just 2 posts alone. It was no accident. Don't attempt to proclaim "because it is on a SW forum" as that is a huge cop-out. As a matter of fact, that is when I stopped taking you seriously after doing that and then saying you taught physics.

Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
This thread is a testament of you constantly getting owned.
This thread is a list of reasons why some people, including myself did not like the movie, that is all. If you make more out of it than that, then that is your problem.
Kinrath Spider -> Fatman -> Pot5 -> Shadowlands -> Star Forge
`````` `````` ``````

Elite Warlord Doze - Jugg / Elite Warlord Doz's Sorc - Sorc

NuSeC's Avatar


NuSeC
01.30.2018 , 03:02 PM | #353
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Windu was totally wrong for trying to kill Palpatine like that. Period the end.
Ah but the reasoning. - "he has control of the senate and the courts." ... "he is too dangerous to be left alive" So was it still wrong? We see what he ended up doing because Mace did not kill him so...
Kinrath Spider -> Fatman -> Pot5 -> Shadowlands -> Star Forge
`````` `````` ``````

Elite Warlord Doze - Jugg / Elite Warlord Doz's Sorc - Sorc

NuSeC's Avatar


NuSeC
01.30.2018 , 03:14 PM | #354
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
your own sources say you are wrong.


way to show your bias
Then you didn't read anything... way to show your bias.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...-project/poll/ Jan. 27, 2016

"HOW MANY FEMINISTS ARE THERE? Polls have found that the number of Americans who identify as a feminist depends on how the question is asked. The Post-Kaiser survey’s question, first asked in a 1986 poll by Newsweek and Gallup, found 47 percent of Americans identifying as a “strong feminist” or “feminist,” while 44 percent identified as “not a feminist” or “anti-feminist.” Surveys asking yes-or-no about identifying as a feminist have found far fewer identifying with the movement, about 20 percent since the 1990s. The gap likely reflects the public’s conflicting feelings about the movement, with many seeing themselves somewhere in the middle. Fourteen percent in the Post-Kaiser survey called themselves “strong feminists,” while 4 percent identified as “anti-feminists.”

and

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...n_3094917.html Updated Dec 06, 2017

"Only one-fifth of Americans identify as feminists, according to a new HuffPost/YouGov poll. But the vast majority fit the basic definition of the word.

According to the survey, just 20 percent of Americans — including 23 percent of women and 16 percent of men — consider themselves feminists. Another 8 percent consider themselves anti-feminists, while 63 percent said they are neither."

Now, women make up roughly 51 percent of the population yet only 20% identify as a feminist.

Also, lets remember, you started making accusations of me because I said something about SJWs. That is what brought this whole thing on.
Kinrath Spider -> Fatman -> Pot5 -> Shadowlands -> Star Forge
`````` `````` ``````

Elite Warlord Doze - Jugg / Elite Warlord Doz's Sorc - Sorc

TalonVII's Avatar


TalonVII
01.30.2018 , 03:15 PM | #355
Quote: Originally Posted by NuSeC View Post
Ah but the reasoning. - "he has control of the senate and the courts." ... "he is too dangerous to be left alive" So was it still wrong? We see what he ended up doing because Mace did not kill him so...
Granted Palpatine had the force but Mace had Palpatine on the floor beaten. He should of arrested him and that's the end of the story.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
01.30.2018 , 03:21 PM | #356
Quote: Originally Posted by NuSeC View Post
A Also, as far as the feminsm thing. I will respond to that with glee in the following post.
I will show that you did not read my links on feminism nor understand the point.
Your original post

Quote:
Also... most women are not feminist anymore because it is not what it used to be and does not mean what it used to mean.
so by most you mean at least 51% are not feminists

Your sources
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...-project/poll/

Do you consider yourself to be a strong feminist, a feminist, not a feminist or an anti-feminist?

According to that question 60% of women consider themselves feminists

So yes according to your own sources you are wrong.


Quote:
Again, I will try to explain in a simple kind of way so maybe your comprehension level will be able to ingest it.

Pearl harbor was an anology, a bad one but none the less it was about hyperspace missiles.
Yes I remember you were trying to convince everyone that Kamikazes were effective I pointed out that no they weren't and you then brought up Pearl Harbor claiming that Kamikazes were responsible for all the ships destroyed.

However you didn't read your own source.... again thus missing the fact there was only 1 Kamikaze there who crashed his plain into an air field not a ship.

Quote:
No, no we did no such thing. If anything, it was very much the contrary.
no we did as they wouldn't provide any more destructive force. The reason it did some much damage in TLJ was because it was a huge capital ship. You then suggested just strapping a nuke on it and I explained that's not how nuke's work and so on.



Quote:
Also, lets remember, you started making accusations of me because I said something about SJWs. That is what brought this whole thing on.
... no i didn't. That wasn't me.... my god can you really not keep track of who said what? It's not that difficult.

Although this is painting a picture of you.

Let me guess you watch Saragon of Akkad don't you

"General Forums you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must use caution"

NuSeC's Avatar


NuSeC
01.30.2018 , 03:53 PM | #357
Quote: Originally Posted by Leklor View Post


And Luke Skywalker grew in those 30 years you didn't see him.
Also, Lucas had already planned for Luke to be a bitter hermit in his version of the Sequels he ended up not making. So I'd say TLJ Luke was very much in accordance to his vision.
Show me a source that says that about Lucas. Seriously.

Here is one I found.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016...l-trilogy.html
"Lucas intended to show Luke as the father figure, coming full circle from his redemptive role as the son of Anakin."

More on that were the Mark Hamill interviews that said he could not believe the script. and Jake Skywalker etc... Nothing of that points to Lucas even remotely going in the direction it went. Lucas and Hamill have both stated they have talked about the outcome of Luke many times and in great detail with each other. That was one of the reasons Mark was so taken back by how Johnson decided to use Luke.

https://www.inverse.com/article/3929...luke-skywalker
“What I wish is that [Disney] had been more accepting of his guidance and advice,” Hamill told Metro in an interview published over the weekend. “Because he had an outline for ‘7,’ ‘8,’ and ‘9.’ And it is vastly different to what they have done.”

It is obvious that this was not the direction they were going with it.
Kinrath Spider -> Fatman -> Pot5 -> Shadowlands -> Star Forge
`````` `````` ``````

Elite Warlord Doze - Jugg / Elite Warlord Doz's Sorc - Sorc

NuSeC's Avatar


NuSeC
01.30.2018 , 04:04 PM | #358
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Granted Palpatine had the force but Mace had Palpatine on the floor beaten. He should of arrested him and that's the end of the story.
LOL. then what? He had control of the senate and the courts. I mean the same outcome of horrible destruction... up to making not 1 but 2 planet killers in the process.
Kinrath Spider -> Fatman -> Pot5 -> Shadowlands -> Star Forge
`````` `````` ``````

Elite Warlord Doze - Jugg / Elite Warlord Doz's Sorc - Sorc

Leklor's Avatar


Leklor
01.30.2018 , 04:16 PM | #359
Quote: Originally Posted by NuSeC View Post
Show me a source that says that about Lucas. Seriously.

Here is one I found.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016...l-trilogy.html
"Lucas intended to show Luke as the father figure, coming full circle from his redemptive role as the son of Anakin."

More on that were the Mark Hamill interviews that said he could not believe the script. and Jake Skywalker etc... Nothing of that points to Lucas even remotely going in the direction it went. Lucas and Hamill have both stated they have talked about the outcome of Luke many times and in great detail with each other. That was one of the reasons Mark was so taken back by how Johnson decided to use Luke.

https://www.inverse.com/article/3929...luke-skywalker
“What I wish is that [Disney] had been more accepting of his guidance and advice,” Hamill told Metro in an interview published over the weekend. “Because he had an outline for ‘7,’ ‘8,’ and ‘9.’ And it is vastly different to what they have done.”

It is obvious that this was not the direction they were going with it.
And yet:
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/s...-the-last-jedi

Specifically:
Quote:
As revealed by The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi (via Slashfilm), Johnson's movie used many of the concepts Lucas first had in mind for Episode VII, specifically the story of an older, broken Luke training a young, Force-sensitive disciple named Kira (later renamed "Rey").
Quote:
We would have seen Luke struggling with his failure to stop the Jedi Killer (renamed "Kylo Ren") from destroying his Jedi Academy.
Quote:
"[Luke] always had this potential dark side within him, being that his father was Darth Vader," explained Lucasfilm executive creative director Doug Chiang of the character's arc in the early days of Episode VII. "So he is really struggling with that. He ended up secluding himself in this Jedi temple on a new planet, and he's just there meditating, reassessing his whole life. Gradually, over the arc of the movie, he rediscovers his vitality and comes back to himself."
Wasn't that hard to find. Typed "Luke Hermit George Lucas". Second result.
This is a referral link, use at your own risk:
http://www.swtor.com/r/l72c4c

AlienEyeTX's Avatar


AlienEyeTX
01.30.2018 , 04:29 PM | #360
Quote: Originally Posted by NuSeC View Post
1) The story is not about the Kenobi family.
2) He did get an eventual fight scene in the prequels, Luke got nothing.
3) it is not just the fact he was a hermit, it was why and for how long. The reasoning behind Kenobi doing it was to watch over Luke. Luke did it because his nephew is trying to be the new Darth Vader.

He didn't need a backstory at the time. there was no lore or preceding trilogy that had to be explained about some super powerful guy around the same time as the actual emperor.
I mean why does this need to be repeated? There was no lore or story prior to Palpatine... there is for Snoke. You don't just insert some super powerful guy into an existing story.


What was the title and topic of this thread? It is a personal review of why I and others did not like it and you want to call a review crying. Just whatever man. You have attacked me from the start. Go take some anger management classes or something.
It's cute how you ignore that we now have 30 years worth of empty content in which books and future movies can fill your desire for additional story details. Maybe you aren't old enough to realize how long the drought was between the OT and PT. People made stuff up and had all their great stories crushed to bits when GL dropped the PT on us.

We got over it. Sort of.

If you took that post as an attack, you need to get some thicker skin. Newsflash: not everyone agrees with you and some of us enjoy discussing it. If you don't, then feel free to not respond.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku