Do they design armor sets with specific classes in mind?

DeVanagloris

For example, i cant imagine other than a BH wearing the Bionic Raider set. The Sith Recluse set is imo tailored for Warriors, while the Xoxaan set is for Consulars and the Dathomir Shaman would be more suited for Sorcerer, for instance.

I'd like to use my Sith Recluse set with my Sorcs, but it just seems like a heavy-armored frontline assault armor set that a Sorcerer would never use. Do you think they just design certain sets for certain classes too?

Yes, certain sets are designed with a specific class in mind - and some aren't. But in any case you can wear any set, or combo of set pieces, that your character can equip. (Any Adaptive set or older non-adaptive armor pieces that can be used by your class's specified "weight" of armor - light, medium, or heavy.) Edited by JediQuaker

Yes, certain sets are designed with a specific class in mind - and some aren't. But in any case you can wear any set, or combo of set pieces, that your character can equip. (Any Adaptive set or older non-adaptive armor pieces that can only be used on classes that wear the specified "weight" of armor - light, medium, or heavy.)

Yea i know i can use them, but doesnt it break your immersion? Not even a little?

Yes, certain sets are designed with a specific class in mind - and some aren't. But in any case you can wear any set, or combo of set pieces, that your character can equip. (Any Adaptive set or older non-adaptive armor pieces that can only be used on classes that wear the specified "weight" of armor - light, medium, or heavy.)

I use pieces of different collection outfits, to try to be at least a little original, but it is annoying to see a bounty hunter in jedi robes lol.

Yea i know i can use them, but doesn't it break your immersion? Not even a little?

Yes, of course it would break my immersion, IF I chose to wear armor not suited to my class and IF I was that heavily into immersion.

But, a few things:

1. I don't tend to wear armor not suited to my class. For example, I wouldn't equip a Jedi Sage with Commando armor.

2. I don't tend to ever wear a complete "set". My characters are always mix&match as far as armor goes.

3. Most often my characters are outfitted with relatively "neutral" armor, not specific to any class. Along those lines, a couple of my characters wear (on one of their outfits) basically "bluejeans" and/or basic tan slacks.

I'd like to use my Sith Recluse set with my Sorcs, but it just seems like a heavy-armored frontline assault armor set that a Sorcerer would never use. Do you think they just design certain sets for certain classes too?

Depends on our own personnal taste as well.

I've only ever used the Sith Recluse set on my Sorcerer. 1st, the very long coat doesn't look very practical for a physical fighter and as the Sorcerer is pretty much very bad at fighting physically, i think they need a good protection.

Though i'd never use a mandalorian armor on a Sith or Jedi or Sith outfit on a Trooper for instance

Yes, of course it would break my immersion, IF I chose to wear armor not suited to my class and IF I was that heavily into immersion.

But, a few things:

1. I don't tend to wear armor not suited to my class. For example, I wouldn't equip a Jedi Sage with Commando armor.

2. I don't tend to ever wear a complete "set". My characters are always mix&match as far as armor goes.

3. Most often my characters are outfitted with relatively "neutral" armor, not specific to any class. Along those lines, a couple of my characters wear (on one of their outfits) basically "bluejeans" and/or basic tan slacks.

I do a lot of the same thing except that each class does have a distinctive look: Commando, Smuggler, JK or JC.

I especially do this with the Smuggler: different source for the jacket / pants / boots (kind of fussy about these). I'm still looking for a new "leather" jacket that would be really nice !

A lot of the Jedi Knight stuff has some items that utilize components that tend to look too much like Commando armor... Soo.. I look for pants and boots that seem to fit the style I'm looking for. I especially look for robes that fit better for the JK. And there are several that work !

One of the best things that BW has done for the game is the custom outfit designer with all of the tabs to create a special look at the press of a button (tab). Once you get "the look" you want just swap out the components you need to for the higher armor rating !

For example, i cant imagine other than a BH wearing the Bionic Raider set. The Sith Recluse set is imo tailored for Warriors, while the Xoxaan set is for Consulars and the Dathomir Shaman would be more suited for Sorcerer, for instance.

Of course they do, although I'd say that XoXaan's is for *Inquisitors* rather than Consulars (XoXaan herself was, apparently, one of the first Lords of the Sith).

But if you want to use Sith Recluse for a Sorc, go ahead and do it. The only person who'll really care is you, and possibly your RP group, if that's your thing. My characters wear all manner of oddities, and it doesn't bother me at all. Some wear stuff selected "with type", while others wear stuff very, very against type.

With type:

Against type:

Egregiously against type:

But, a few things:

I do everything except for #1, I tend to put smuggler clothing on my BH. But besides that, I use whatever I want on other classes, different shorts, pants etc. Otherwise it gets to boring.

I think it depends on whether you're talking about CM armor or reward armor. The latter is usually drawn/constructed/designed respecting the class its for; or if its a legacy its usually themed to the content it comes from (Umbaran Guardian armor comes from the Umbara flashpoint, THORN armor looks appropriate for people in HAZMAT suits, etc.).

The CM is a whole different ballgame. They draw their inspiration from many sources, including the expanded universe, the canon material, and, in some cases, stuff they fabricated in their garage (see the story on the making of the holstered Anarchy/Mischief pistols.) I think that stuff is more a labor of love, to see what they can do to honor the source material or their own ingenuity, rather than a specific character class.

I think it's clear they do. But you can still wear them as a different class if you want.

There are still class-tied sets. Visit the Inheritance vendors on DK and Coruscant, for example. (DK, near the stronghold mission holostatue in Kaas City; Coru, near the left-hand entrance to the commercial zone under the Senate Plaza - er, left when facing the tower, that is) Everything they sell is restricted to a specific (base) class, which means, for example, that it can't be worn by companions.(1)

(1) Each companion is the sole member of a class named after the companion.

Armours with capes aren't really designed for imperial agents and troopers because the weapon is on their back, and a smuggler or a bounty hunter may need lightning quick reflexes to grab their gun at any moment and shoot down some rival in a cantina, so wrap around capes are clearly not designed for these classes, compared to force users who can simply pull their LS from their belts and activate them in hand. still you look at some of these fancy armours and some of them are really silly or poorly designed for combat and shouldn't be worn for anything but for show off alone.

None caped armours are good for any class, but primarily agents and troopers, short or long back caps are good for any class except agents and troopers, bringing longer and wrap around capes? those belong with the force users, that is how it should go.

Edited by Celise

Yes some of their sets are very class themed. I rarely ever stick to Just one outfit set and typically mix and match outfit parts depending on the character and theme. Different character class's have different priorities I think so that dictates my outfits. Use 1 complete set or mix and match, either way its good.

1st and main Gunslinger

https://imgur.com/ATwzL1q

Jedi Knight

https://imgur.com/aaV6cl3

Jedi Consular

https://imgur.com/9SvDNKK

Scoundrel (Han Solo, theme)

https://imgur.com/Tue2hCq

Sith Warrior

https://imgur.com/uo1PMhu

Sith Inquisitor

https://imgur.com/U097vzs