Class Representatives Are Here!

EricMusco

Got a coupe of memes already.

I think this "Heal to Full" thing is at the same time a very stupid response to a serious Sorc issue AND quite a stupid thing to get worked up about.

It's more of a cop out than a real response, but at the same time it doesn't mean it's not true - here's a video of Psirebral doing exactly that. A sniper cannot do that.

BUT

that "just heal to full" video was pure awesome sauce :D

Edited by TheNahash

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this "Heal to Full" thing is at the same time a very stupid response to a serious Sorc issue AND quite a stupid thing to get worked up about.

It's more of a cop out than a real response, but at the same time it doesn't mean it's not true - here's a video of Psirebral doing exactly that. A sniper cannot do that.

BUT

that "just heal to full" video was pure awesome sauce :D

Funny, even though Psirebral has playstyle that is good for this "HY2F" crap, he still posed those question about making sages/sorcs more even with Snipers/Maras, so even though he is an awesome player, he still feels there is room for improvement.

I mean, Maras and Snipers got answers that basically said "yeah, we are going to buff you guys even more", while Sorcs/Ptechs got "L2P noobs" answer... I think that is what people are mostly annoyed about.

Edited by Aries_cz

Funny, even though Psirebral has playstyle that is good for this "HY2F" crap, he still posed those question about making sages/sorcs more even with Snipers/Maras, so even though he is an awesome player, he still feels there is room for improvement.

I mean, Maras and Snipers got answers that basically said "yeah, we are going to buff you guys even more", while Sorcs/Ptechs got "L2P noobs" answer... I think that is what people are mostly annoyed about.

Yes, I understand that (although, I'm pretty sure Psi's questions were what the community wanted to ask, not necessarily his own personal questions) and I'm not saying the reply we got was a good one or that there is no room for improvement. I'm just pointing out that what they said was not a lie. They never said, for instance, that we have the best defensive abilities in the game - that would've been a blatant lie. They pointed out that Sorcs can los and heal, which is true.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a dumb answer because the question wasn't about that and they seem to think that healing to full as a DPS is easy when you have no real defence and is not "cheap" in terms of Force, but their answer was more irrelevant than insulting.

It was like telling us we are a ranged class. We know that, but that wasn't the question.

Edited by TheNahash

wonder whats taking BW so long to respond to the crapstorm they caused over the weekend with these terrible responses?

Don't worry, their dev team is in the process of healing to full after all the smashing and making them pay that insulted powertechs and sorcs with perception problems did to them over the weekend. :D

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

This could have been avoided if the Devs actually took the time to make thoughtful responses like they did with snipers and maras. The sorc and vanguard responses seemed rushed and condescending compared to the previous AC answers. Heal to full??? Isn't that the healers job? DPS should not have to heal themselves unless absolutely necessary. Also, in regards of vanguard/pt tanks, less than half the moves are "ranged". Most of the abilities need to be 10m or closer. Armor? That comment is BS, Juggies wear heavy armor as well and have more mitigation than a VG/PT.

How much you wanna bet the Assassin tank answers will be along the lines of the Sorc/Sage VG/PT answers?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Dev Post

Hey folks!

Just a quick update on the answers for Shadow and Mercenary. The Combat Team is hard at work on the changes coming for 2.5 so your answers will be coming a bit later this week. Courtney will be the one posting your top 3. I will be out of town for a couple of days so you wont see my name lightin' up the devtracker. Play nice while I'm gone. :rak_03:

Thanks!

-eric

Any chance the Combat Team can pull away for a couple minutes and post a NON-ARSE BASED response to the Sage/Sorc community on what we can expect in 2.5 since 2.4 has nothing I'm sure ATM?

Great many are "Waiting to see" if they are serious about fixing/balancing the game. (Based on H2F and L2P comments I've little faith)

Heck I've been posting about our Force Regen Bug for almost 2 months now with NOTHING even mentioned in Known bugs or forums. (Yes. 4 in game bug reports too just in case one or two slipped by QA Folks)

Hey folks!

Just a quick update on the answers for Shadow and Mercenary. The Combat Team is hard at work on the changes coming for 2.5 so your answers will be coming a bit later this week. Courtney will be the one posting your top 3. I will be out of town for a couple of days so you wont see my name lightin' up the devtracker. Play nice while I'm gone. :rak_03:

Thanks!

-eric

So Thursday then? Cause you guys don't post on Friday right?

Oh noes. The same person who posted the disastrous sorc answers appears again, I can see it now:

"Mercenaries are not in need of any balance changes because unlike marauders and snipers, they can heal to full."

"Shadows must learn to use their self-healing abilities to heal to full."

I wish I was kidding. :(

Oh noes. The same person who posted the disastrous sorc answers appears again, I can see it now:

"Mercenaries are not in need of any balance changes because unlike marauders and snipers, they can heal to full."

"Shadows must learn to use their self-healing abilities to heal to full."

I wish I was kidding. :(

I was thinking more along the lines of "Fact of the matter is, snipers and Marauders can't stealth out like shadows can."

Next thing you know we'll have a song parody of Shut Up by black eyed peas titled "Just Stealth out"

Hey folks!

Thanks!

-eric

Changes coming for mercs and shadows or for everyone else as usual?

Hey folks!

Just a quick update on the answers for Shadow and Mercenary. The Combat Team is hard at work on the changes coming for 2.5 so your answers will be coming a bit later this week.

Eric, this is really disappointing. You had initially said these would come back in a week, then moved it to 11 days so you could interact with the community on Monday. Then it was twelve days because the devs weren't ready, now we are sitting at 14 days between questions and answers with the reason being that the devs are working on another project. Is this really that unimportant to the combat team that they cannot take two hours to hash out answers to six questions? Is the forum community that low on the priority list? If the devs work on 2.5 is so important that they cannot take the time to answer us, why should we ever expect answers?

If they haven't answered because they don't know how to answer them it is just as concerning. Don't they have a unified vision for the classes from which to provide answers? Are they arguing about what the class vision should be?

Delaying answers to better interact with the community is one thing, delaying answers because you guys can't set priorities and work to deadlines is very unprofessional.

Edited by Doulo

hey folks!

Just a quick update on the answers for shadow and mercenary. The combat team is hard at work on the changes coming for 2.5 so your answers will be coming a bit later this week.

So something seemingly months away takes precedence over something that originally should have come out last friday? Wouldn't it make sense for the combat team to stay on the original schedule of the friday release but just post the answers monday morning? Just my 2c.

Eric, this is really disappointing. You had initially said these would come back in a week, then moved it to 11 days so you could interact with the community on Monday. Then it was twelve days because the devs weren't ready, now we are sitting at 14 days between questions and answers with the reason being that the devs are working on another project. Is this really that unimportant to the combat team that they cannot take two hours to hash out answers to three questions? Is the forum community that low on the priority list? If the devs work on 2.5 is so important that they cannot take the time to answer us, why should we ever expect answers?

If they haven't answered because they don't know how to answer them it is just as concerning. Don't they have a unified vision for the classes from which to provide answers? Are they arguing about what the class vision should be?

Delaying answers to better respond to the community is one thing, delaying answers because you guys can't set priorities and work to deadlines is very unprofessional.

I applaud you Sir ! Probably the best reply I have seen in a long time on these forums regarding how the community is seen by BioWare.

Hey folks!

Thanks!

-eric

Don't do it. Delay if you have to, but don't leave a grenade in the hands of the Community manager that brought us heal to full.

Not to mention I doubt Courtney has the authority to actually bring our concerns up to the "busy" pvp developers. In otherwords a one way mouthpiece of the condescending Austen Peckerpaugh. The same guy who insulted our community with his "Summon Pillar" = great escapability. At least you can bring some feedback back to him, as opposed to a community manager who has even less of an udnerstanding of how to pvp, as well as less authority to actually convey our vitriolic response back.

So yeah, you're lighting the fuel (delaying) on a stick of dynamite and then passing it on to someone who already got burnt once.

The Mercenary community expectations of you guys are so low, that it would be hard to not surpass it. But we fully expect you guys to blow it, based on our experience in the past.

Eric, this is really disappointing. You had initially said these would come back in a week, then moved it to 11 days so you could interact with the community on Monday. Then it was twelve days because the devs weren't ready, now we are sitting at 14 days between questions and answers with the reason being that the devs are working on another project. Is this really that unimportant to the combat team that they cannot take two hours to hash out answers to three questions? Is the forum community that low on the priority list? If the devs work on 2.5 is so important that they cannot take the time to answer us, why should we ever expect answers?

Delaying answers to better interact with the community is one thing, delaying answers because you guys can't set priorities and work to deadlines is very unprofessional.

Agreed. It's 3 questions...if it takes 2-weeks+ to get 3 questions answered, it's understandable why it takes 18+ months for PvP content.