So only nerf to bh mentioned and not sorc?

Gnite

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Commando, I can say we are a little OP. Anyone who's JUST spamming Grav Round/Tracer Missile is Doing It Wrong, though; a proper rotation consists of Full Auto/Unload, High Impact Bolt/Rail Shot, and Demo Round/Heatseekers as well! Not to mention the occasional Sticky Grenade/Explosive Dart to keep a weak/standard occupied, Plasma Grenade/Fusion Missile or Mortar Volley/Death From Above followed up with Pulse Cannon/Flame Thrower if the tank has pulled a nice group of enemies together, and of course Concussion Charge/Jet Boost if there are melee enemies on you.

Okay, maybe the Commando/Mercenary isn't as simplistic as you might want to think.

BioWare has stated that they believe the Sorc is the most balanced class they have made.

If that's the case knights should get a buff or an ability to deflect lightning with their saber, because overall Sorcs most certainly are not balanced in PvP environments, especially in large numbers where they stack dots like a mofo.

Edited by ELECTRICJUDGMENT

If that's the case knights should get a buff or an ability to deflect lightning with their saber, because overall Sorcs most certainly are not balanced in PvP environments, especially in large numbers where they stack dots like a mofo.

You have trouble against Sorcerer as a Knight? You must be joking lol

If you think Sorc/Sage are Op you're terrible. Easiest class to kill in the game.

Yeah, easiest class to kill if they don't use one of their many stuns or a knockback, run away and shoot you with more lightning. For melee classes, they are not easy with the current cd of force leap and we only got 1 stun with a massive cd.

As a Commando, I can say we are a little OP. Anyone who's JUST spamming Grav Round/Tracer Missile is Doing It Wrong, though; a proper rotation consists of Full Auto/Unload, High Impact Bolt/Rail Shot, and Demo Round/Heatseekers as well! Not to mention the occasional Sticky Grenade/Explosive Dart to keep a weak/standard occupied, Plasma Grenade/Fusion Missile or Mortar Volley/Death From Above followed up with Pulse Cannon/Flame Thrower if the tank has pulled a nice group of enemies together, and of course Concussion Charge/Jet Boost if there are melee enemies on you.

Okay, maybe the Commando/Mercenary isn't as simplistic as you might want to think.

Exactly, grav round by itself isn't that much deadly when you compare it to other classes' abilities, especially since grav round has a substantial 'cast' time (cf Sniper/Gunslinger abilities that also require substantial 'cast' time).

The easiest way to annoy commandos is just to use LOS on them, especially when they're casting Full Auto.

People forget that in pvp, commandos don't really have that much outside of the grav round rotation and the occasional knockback abilities, other classes typically have more utility than commandos.

My opinion is that no hybrid class should hit as hard as a pure dps class (IE: Sniper/Gunslinger or Marauder/Sentinel)

Right now both Sorc's and BH's (spec'ed in DPS) can hit as hard as pure dps spec's if not harder PLUS they have off healing abilities.... because of this hybrids should have less DPS... Right now Lighting and tracer missile needs to be toned down a bit...

Edited by Monoth

Differance is that sorc/sage 1 button spam does damage and beeing instant and cc:s, while tracer/grav does quite crap damage, has induction, is easily interupted before it even goes off, and only kills together with other skills with cooldown.

Tracer missile also does three times as much DPS as force lightning.

Can you post a link for this please? I can't even believe this could be true in any rational universe.

i read that interview before. i cant remember where it was, but i think it was james ohlen, or possibly the pvp guy with the long name, that said that the Sorcerer was the most balanced class in the game.

The same sentiment from the BH side of the house.

I'm not sure what the mando tree is, but Arsenal is built around this attack. A competent TM/Grav users knows that the stack lasts 15 seconds and it only takes ONE to renew it after you are at 5 stacks.

I use TM a lot in PvP, but I use everything else a lot too. You really can't afford to immobilize yourself for like 9 seconds to get off 3 rounds of TM. TM itself isn't OP, TM when used with High Velocity Gas Cylinder active however is a lot of armor reduction.

Rather than nerfing the entire tree, a smarter move would be to make TM only useable in Combustable Gas Cylinder.

Ultimately it won't change how I play PvP or PvE, but I think there are much bigger fish to fry than TM/Grav.

Like 100% movement reduction SNARES. Where I come from, that is a ROOT and should be subject to resolve.

As a 61 Valor Assassin I can tell you Sages are the easiest kill for me even full BM ones.

The healers I just use all consumables and CDs and they go down so fast.

assassin is a hard counter to a sage. We have the same sprint that they do, and an ability that makes us immune to all of their damage for 2/5 seconds. We also have a ranged stun, and a # of mid ranged attacks (and a mid range slow) to help with being kited. As a tank spec'ed shadow/sin, you get a grapple on top of all that... although a tank spec'ed anything will have a much harder time killing a healer. Dps sage/sorc? even easier as tank.

That being said, they really don't hit that hard. Outside of the bubble they are very squishy and rely on kiting to not die.

What gets me, however, is BW swung down hard to kill a popular hybrid shadow build. Straight up killed it "not what we intended." Now... its the hybrid sages/sorcs that everyone is pissed at (the ones that can heal/damage moderately well, but gain a ****ton of utility/cc/roots/etc). Why hasn't BW killed this? The utility talents could be moved further up the trees/reshuffled, and Sages/sorcs can get some type of "stance" as well that dissuades healing while throwing out lightning. Troopers all have stances (healing/damage stance for commandos, and another tanking stance for vanguards... I think the dps stance is shared between the AC).

keep in mind people that the classes that have a healing spec need to be powerful enough to go through things like....... everything pve, or else entire raids will wipe then everyone will gripe on the forums about how they can't finish a hard mode because sorcs or something of the kind were nerfed.

My opinion is that no hybrid class should hit as hard as a pure dps class (IE: Sniper/Gunslinger or Marauder/Sentinel)

Right now both Sorc's and BH's (spec'ed in DPS) can hit as hard as pure dps spec's if not harder PLUS they have off healing abilities.... because of this hybrids should have less DPS... Right now Lighting and tracer missile needs to be toned down a bit...

wrong,

the class description doesnt mention Sorc or BH is a off DPS,

so BW cant nerf those class.

besides IA, worrier r hybrid too.

Srsly, grav round isn't even OP on its own - it actually helps set up the armour debuff for charged bolts, which do more damage. Put simply, a typical stationary fight with a sniper v commando, the cover mechanic of the sniper alone would offset much of the perceived 'extra' damage that the commando deals. (anyway, snipe does more damage than grav round).

We should compare it with similar cast time dps abilites with other classes, and some classes like operative deal way more damage with their knife attacks (albeit there is a cooldown).

Hah, that's a pretty broad statement in the article.

We have some changes coming for all classes. Enough that we're granting everyone a free respec. What constitutes a nerf and what is a buff is in the eye of the beholder.

We'll post patch notes to the PTS as usual and then you guys can make up your mind about the big picture. Before that getting into heated arguments is a bit pointless.

BioWare has stated that they believe the Sorc is the most balanced class they have made.

link?

Anyway, chanceled my sub allready. Still activ till 24.4. If there isn't a MASSIVE balance patch till then ... SW:TOR is history and will find it's place next to WAR.