<Remnants of Hope> & <Vestige of Despair> "Light from a few can be a beacon to many."

LadyAdmiral

:sy_republic:

Remnants of Hope & Vestige of Despair

"Light From a Few Can Be a Beacon to Many"

:sy_star:Website: remnantsofhope.com

:sy_star:Focus: PvX - PvP/PvE/Roleplay/Crafting

:sy_star:Timezone: Eastern - International

:sy_star:Most Active Playtimes: 7pm EST – 12am EST for most events, but players on during most parts of the day

:sy_star:Server: Star Forge (originally on Jung Ma, then moved to Ebon Hawk)

:sy_star:VOIP: TeamSpeak3 (Optional, but encouraged)

:sy_star:Recruitment Status: Open

:sy_star: Guild Leaders and Contacts: Full Up-to-date Leadership Roster on our site

:sy_republic: <Remnants of Hope> (Republic) is a large guild, with many active players on every night. Our Republic side focuses heavily on operations, pvp, roleplay and occasionally conquests. In PvE progression, we have groups running both SM operations and HM operations every week. Republic playes new to operations can join our SMOPS (Story Mode Operations) teams, while more experienced players can join in for Veteran Mode Operations, either via sign-up or scheduled teams. PvPers can join in for scheduled PvP Nights on either side. Republic side also has a strong interest in Roleplay, with RP events happening every week, ranging from story-based nights to casual cantina nights that are open to all who want to join. View Calendar of Events Here

:sy_empire:<Vestige of Despair> (Imperial)Our Imperial side is smaller than our Republic side, but is growing at a nice pace - we are especially looking for Imperial players to join our ranks. We have progression teams for raiding specifically on the Imperial side - Seeds of Destiny and Scions of Destiny, as well as separate sign-up raids including raids for "new" players. PvPers can join in for scheduled PvP Nights on either side. View Calendar of Events Here

Multi-Guilding Rules: We are highly invested in our guild and in our guildmates, and promote the idea of joining our guild as a person vs having individual characters join. We are looking for members interested in joining us with all their characters, on both factions. We allow one exception: you may have one character in a guild besides our own in SWTOR .This rule has helped our guild stay united for 7+ years and is not one we are currently interested in changing. We understand this rule is not suited for everyone, and if it does not work for you you are welcome to join us for events but may not join our guild. More multi-guilding details here

About Us: Founded on June 7th, 2009, Remnants of Hope has become a thriving multi-game community dedicated to Star Wars: The Old Republic and Guild Wars 2, with Wildstar our newest addition. We have worked together to establish and maintain a positive image and presence throughout our existence. Our primary focus is and always has been the community itself. With a healthy community, any problem we face can be overcome with the diversity and experience of many voices united in seeing us continue to grow and prosper.

Our Goal: Our main goal is to be a place of relaxation and fun for everyone. In order to ensure that each of our members has the best experience possible, we sustain an atmosphere of integrity and respect with a constant drive to improve.

Gaming Focus - PvX: Remnants of Hope is here to give you the opportunity to create your own playstyle. We have dedicated officers committed to helping you find whatever you are looking for. We have PvPers of all different classes and builds, crafters and theorycrafters, roleplayers from all over the galaxy. From casual to hardcore interest, we aim high in order to allow everyone to progress through new and old content alike with both factions.

What We Offer:

• Organized, highly active website and forums.
  • TeamSpeak3 Server (voice communication).
  • Organized PvE and PvP.
  • Friendly community and environment.
  • Dedicated and driven leaders.

What We Look For:

• Good and respectful attitude.
  • Maturity.
  • Friendly nature.
  • Team Player.

:sy_target:

Join Us - Start Your Journey Today!

Come to our forums at remnantsofhope.com and register as a user. From there, fill out an application. We have a trial process that begins once your application is accepted; give it your best! The application helps give us a good feel for who you are and what you have to say. During the two weeks of your Trial phase, you will have a set of requirements to complete. You will have full access to our forums and everything our community has to offer during your trials! Once your objectives have been completed and your two weeks finished, you will be contacted by the SWTOR Recruitment Department for an interview to be conducted through TeamSpeak (or through text if voice is not possible.) These questions range from basic knowledge of our community to more personal, engaging questions about your experience. After the interview, it'll just be a few days!

:sy_companion:

Contact Us

Contact us ingame by searching "/who Remnants of Hope" (Republic) or "/who Vestige of Despair" (Imperial) on Star forge - our guild members are usually happy to pass on a question or message to any leadership on at the time. You can also make an account on our forums and ask there.

Edited by LadyAdmiral

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woohoo! We are now in possession of a flagship on the Republic side. That was quick! We decided to see if we could benefit by taking over another guild's flagship who is no longer using it, and were able to pair up with <Ex Inferno> who is heading to the Harbinger. Thank you guys, that transaction required a lot of trust, and we're glad we were able to come to a great result for both of us. Good luck on the new server!

<Remnants of Hope> currently has our basic flagship back after transferring, all our convenience decorations, and 3 bays in our guild bank. Time to get moving and start unlocking more rooms and decorating! Commanders and conquests, here we come!

Edited by LadyAdmiral

Remnants of Hope is settling in nicely into it's new home here on The Ebon Hawk! Tonight we have our first Progression Raid scheduled on The Ebon Hawk, tackling HM Ravagers once again. We're 3/5 in that one so we're hoping to crack 4/5 this week which will bring us even on both Ravagers and ToS at 4/5 on each.

Thank you for the kind words!

---

Since we started opening recruitment back on Ebon Hawk, we have had a whole lot of great applicants on our forums. It is amazing to see what it is like to be on a populated server, and I'm excited to welcome some refugees from Jung Ma, and others who lived on Ebon Hawk but happened to have heard of us even before we moved. Welcome to your trial memberships guys!

---

Last night we ran a SM Ravagers, and afterwards took a crack at ToS. This specific raid was the first time for four of the raid members and it was definitely a learning experience!

I have been with Vestiage of Despair for about a year now and still loving the guild. Great laid back community. There's always something to do or planned on both guild factions. With our recent move to TEW sever, its gotten even better. Great server BTW.

We are getting ready for our guild-wide meetup in real life! Members from all over the States are heading to New York. Many are staying to visit New York, but we are also having a "RoH Day" on August first where we are going to have a surprise 'adventure' and we'll spend the rest of the day hanging out and meeting eachother in person. Eric Musco from the SWTOR team and also the Wildstar team have even agreed to send us some swag for the event! If you see a bunch of adults in black Remnants shirts in New York in the beginning of August... say hi!

Thank you for the kind words!

---

Since we started opening recruitment back on Ebon Hawk, we have had a whole lot of great applicants on our forums. It is amazing to see what it is like to be on a populated server, and I'm excited to welcome some refugees from Jung Ma, and others who lived on Ebon Hawk but happened to have heard of us even before we moved. Welcome to your trial memberships guys!

---

Last night we ran a SM Ravagers, and afterwards took a crack at ToS. This specific raid was the first time for four of the raid members and it was definitely a learning experience!

What time do y'all do Ops at?

I'm interested in dpsing anything other than HM Rav/ToS/Mono on my Sent and Slinger.

What time do y'all do Ops at?

I'm interested in dpsing anything other than HM Rav/ToS/Mono on my Sent and Slinger.

Generally around 8 EST, though some people have been putting together "late night" raids recently.

We run 8 man HM Ravagers progression at 8 EST Tuesday and Thursday. We also usually run SM Ravagers on Wednesday at that time. But apart from that with the renewed interest in this active server and the change of group finder to 8 mans, I've noticed a lot more random put-togethers. For example one of the random put-togethers we did recently was 16 man NMM EC... it was a mess, but it was fun :p This week I think groups ran two random SMs from group finder. As for the harder stuff like NMM S&V/DF/DP I think our HM group is kind of saving them for after we wear out the two current hardest ops. Not sure if that's what you are looking for or not, but cheers either way :)

Imperial side is once a week at 8 EST, it was on Saturdays but I believe we are moving the day.

Edited by LadyAdmiral

It's pretty nice to find a guild that's active enough and friendly that not only is great to do things with, but has enough people online to actually *do* them with. Just joined myself - great bunch of folks.

Speaking of having enough people to do things, we've had another round of Karaoke for the entire guild, including quite a few of our SWTOR players. It was really fun to listen to and I even sang a round myself :p I think this is our 6th or 7th round, and you can actually listen to some of our earlier ones on our website.

Vestige was in the past mostly running SM Ravagers and occasionaly SM ToS - their conistent raid team only started about two months ago. Speaking of Vestige of Despair though...

---

Remnants of Hope has some big but fairly sad news. We started off as a Republic-only guild, but as our guild grew, we gained players who were interested in Imperial side as well. Our Imperial side has always struggled, and when I became DC, I set out to find out if we should "invest" in our Imperial department or "disband" it. In April, after many member expressed their interest in playing Imperial, and we had three fine individuals step up to lead, I decided to invest, with the caveats that that leadership would remain, and that recruitment would be bolstered. Unfortunately, with summer coming and soon school nipping at its heels, we will be losing that leadership, and a recruitment push just never happened. Just like we don't really offer a great GSF experience, we have not been offering a very good Imperial one, and it just doesn't seem like we will be able to in the near future. When we bring people into our guild I feel it's important to give them as accurate a picture as we can about what we do and don't offer... and in this case, we have been trying to grow an Imperial guild that just didn't work out.

Long story short, if you are looking for a great community, we're still a great pick. If you are looking to play Republic side and occasionally Imperial, we are a GREAT pick. If you are looking to mainly play Imperial side... we are likely not going to be a good fit for you.

All of you who know me know that I wish more than anything this community could have an Imperial guild that thrived and succeeded. But for almost three years now, it just hasn't happened, even under leadership of some of the finest people we have (two former Division commanders and two former Elder council members have been our last four Imperial officers). [Former Imperial Department Leader / Imperial Raid Leader]

Sad to see this happen, but like both Colt and Scya said, it seemed almost inevitable. We are truly a Republic guild with an Imperial alt habit :-) [imperial Raid Leader]

So what does the closure of our Imperial Department change?

• The Imperial Guild will continue to exist as-is. It will not be disbanded. You will still be allowed to have all your characters in it and play like normal. Anyone new who joins will be able to as well.
  • Imperial Events will still happen, as long as those hosting them continue to want to host and plan them. Anyone is welcome to host any kind of event, a usual.
  • The rules about "only one alt outside the guild" still currently apply. So if you wish to join another Imperial guild to fill the darkside void in your life, you must do it with only one character or choose to leave the SWTOR Division (note: you will still be welcome on our forums and the other two divisions). If you don't like this rule, please speak with the Elder Council & Scoobs. If you choose to go, I wish you a whole lot of luck and hope you find what you are looking for there. Just like we aren't a GSF guild, we never really met the needs of our Imperial players, and if that is your biggest wish then I hope you can find a guild that meets how you want to play.
  • The imperial side will retain its 20 mill credits and guild bank prizes. If you have any good ideas of what to do with it, speak with Orig, he's happy to help. The offer to match up to 15 mill credits still stands if you are interested in having an Imperial Flagship (it costs 50 mill). We currently have a stronghold with stuff like banks, gtn, etc you can use Imperial side.
  • We won't advertise as being a dual-faction guild (we will be Heavily Republic with an Imperial alt-guild). However, as usual, you will be allowed to play on whatever side you would like.
  • In the end very little will change from how it is now - this is more accepting and properly labelling what we do have, so new members know what they're getting into and old members can decide if they want to stay without waiting for a "someday" that doesn't seem to be happening.

Remnants, make sure to check our private forums, there's more info there (as always).

Edited by LadyAdmiral

The launch of 3.3 has been an absolute blast so far! A handful of Remnants have already bought their new strongholds, and it seems like every time I turn around on the guild ship I see another Togruta! A couple of us have been getting our feet wet in the new season of ranked as well.

Perhaps most exciting though, after weeks of practice (and many more weeks fighting Darth Real Life), we finally managed to down HM Master & Blaster! We're still trying to decide what to go for tomorrow night, possibly Monolith or Coratanni. Either way, we'll be bringing some new folks into our HM ToS run on Friday so I'm looking forward to that a lot.

PvE is starting to grow in our guild! We've been running tons of random operations throughout the week, with even some of our newest trial members leaping into the actions. We also have been finally starting stepping our toes into a second "progression" team, to work on the newest HM operations. As Aravail mentioned, earlier in the week our HM group downed Master and Blaster. Thursday we instead took a new player into a second round of HM Ravagers on alts and people who didn't raid earlier in the week. Friday we will be going into HM Temple of Sacrifice, an operation we have not run for quite a while apart from the first boss. Go go Underlurker!

We had over 30+ members online last night during prime-time - haven't seen that in quite a while. The move to TEH is really shaping up to be quite the experience. Lots of renewed activity across all fronts.

If you are looking for an organized, yet laid back guild that participates in all aspects of the game with a community first atmosphere, I'd encourage you to check out the Remnants of Hope! We are going on our 7th year and counting!

Edited by Aldamar

A few of us from the Remnants of Hope put together a podcast called the Star Wars HOPE Cast. We just released episode number 12 where we talk about our impressions of KotFE and enjoy an all new episode of our original audio drama, The Chronicles of the Coruscant Courier Service!

Never listened before? Our entire podcast library is at HOPECastGamers.com and you can subscribe to us on iTunes.

Cheers!

A big group of our members are all traveling to NYC to spend the weekend together. Those who are staying behind who couldn't afford to travel or get time off from work will be holding down the fort in the meantime. Wishing them all safe travels! :rak_wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Our new members and trial members are settling in nicely. We've been able to get some inexperienced raiders into regular story mode content, and we've had some of our more experienced new members get personal first kills of HM bosses. Coratanni is up next for our main HM group, and we're hoping to get enough people HM-ready to allow us to put together a second HM group as well. Things are coming together.

Things have been quiet and steady on the battle front, fun and cozy on the homefront :) Lots of random ops lately for the older content, lots of new trial members and full-fledged members, three RP nights going at once (omg), and we're even getting used to knowing the Ebon Hawk trolls and regulars. Our ranked PvPers have finally gotten their Nexus in the mail, and are back in the solo game and inviting others into our Teamspeak to play with them.

I've been part of this guild for about a month and a half now. I'm very glad I found them - I've felt welcome and encouraged from day one. The RP opportunities are plentiful and laid back (No one telling you how to RP your characters, but no one 'godmodding' either), and the Ops groups get the balance of being low-stress and fun while taking time to explain mechanics and get it right. I can't speak to PvP as I don't tend to do it but I know there's a PvP group going at any given time as well.

In short, if you're looking for a group of fun, welcoming folks with a healthy sense of humor and community, then this is a guild worth investigating!

• 2 weeks later...
It's been another fun and eventful week here in RoH! We've had plenty of members group up for warzones, queue for solo ranked, and even got some group ranked in last week; there are lots of different RP story arcs (from Jedi to Troopers to Mandalorians!) going on; and on the PvE front, we had three successful hardmode ops, two sets of storymode ops, and a smattering of classics ops last week. I put some of our hardmode runs up on my youtube channel (
and
) and am looking forward to all the level 60 content we have scheduled in the next few days as well! :tran_grin: