You know your in trouble when..

XaporKux

When you reach the laser bridges on red reaper... and one of the sith sends the tank cliff-diving.

That was an embarrasing walk back through the flashpoint, let me tell you.

Also, when fighting the final boss of EV, when your main tank is stuck in a mind prison, and your offtank gets a little too close to those floating pilar things.

LMAO! Ya ... Recently tanked RR and warned the party to stay put until I had aggro (meaning I knew to stay perfectly aligned with the bridge for the initial knockback) and to stay away from the edges for the first few seconds. A Sentinel then proceeded to force leap the front mob and was blown over the side before he ever touched down. Fight was long but pain free after that and he got to watch. :) Edited by GalacticKegger

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your queue pops for a lv 50 HM FP.

You load in and meet your groupmates ...

The lv 50 tank says "I havn't done this before, just bought the game at gamestop yesterday. Any tips?"

^ true story.

Edited by Voranis

When you're a uber powerful Marauder Deathmachine pumped with Rakata/BH/Campaign and the daily HM FP Group Finder pops up...

And you are now in Kaon and your tank is a Juggy... With Recruit Vindicator gear... With 0 durability!!! :eek:. Oh, and the other 2 members are fresh 50s as well.

True story that happened to me today. Thankfully, it was an in-progress group that was near the end and Mr. Vindy (Thank God) d/ced before final bosses. Healer was actually pretty good though, so I pull out my Columi-geared Pierce to tank and we WTFpwned the three Rakghouls.

Kind of sad how he had more durability than Mr. Vindy :rolleyes:

Edited by Ardim

When you're a uber powerful Marauder Deathmachine pumped with Rakata/BH/Campaign and the daily HM FP Group Finder pops up...

And you are now in Kaon and your tank is a Juggy... With Recruit Vindicator gear... With 0 durability!!! :eek:. Oh, and the other 2 members are fresh 50s as well.

True story that happened to me today. Thankfully, it was an in-progress group that was near the end and Mr. Vindy (Thank God) d/ced before final bosses. Healer was actually pretty good though, so I pull out my Columi-geared Pierce to tank and we WTFpwned the three Rakghouls.

Kind of sad how he had more durability than Mr. Vindy :rolleyes:

I saw someone tank kaon in recruit gear once, and he did a hell of a good job too.

I saw someone tank kaon in recruit gear once, and he did a hell of a good job too.

Yeah, well, due to his armor being broken, Mr. Vindy had only 9k or so health and very crappy damage reduction. Charge in, die five seconds later since Kaon mobs hit pretty hard. Then of course, they would go after us and then it's a DPS race to see who dies first.

I wish we had that guy you met tanking for us at that time :(

Edited by Ardim

When the powertech tank doesn't know how to pull a group to initiate combat, can't hold threat off the dps, uses grapple instead of jet charge, doesn't use flame sweep, and pretty much let's the sniper in the group do all the tanking. All in a Hard Mode. Thankfully the healer was very well-geared and experienced with this kind of thing (I'm assuming), so the run was kind of exciting and really funny!

When you single-handedly steal the enemy turret from not one, but TWO people as a Deception Assassin when the other team owns two of them in Alderaan and the score is tied.

You then proceed to hold it by yourself like a boss, calling out for help while killing approaching pubs over and over. Oh, and those two guards? Killed em LIKE A BAWS.

Unfortunately, no one comes to help defend, even after 1-2 minutes of calling as your teammates are being "DERP, let's get mid! Derp!". Eventually, four Pubs swarm you, but you continue being LIKE A BAWS, and hold them off for 30 seconds or so until you finally die.... Then they cap the turret and we lose.

A tragically true story that just happened to me today. I've never done so many facepalms in my entire life :(

Edited by Ardim

When you single-handedly steal the enemy turret from not one, but TWO people as a Deception Assassin when the other team owns two of them in Alderaan and the score is tied.

You then proceed to hold it by yourself like a boss, calling out for help while killing approaching pubs over and over. Oh, and those two guards? Killed em LIKE A BAWS.

Unfortunately, no one comes to help defend, even after 1-2 minutes of calling as your teammates are being "DERP, let's get mid! Derp!". Eventually, four Pubs swarm you, but you continue being LIKE A BAWS, and hold them off for 30 seconds or so until you finally die.... Then they cap the turret and we lose.

A tragically true story that just happened to me today. I've never done so many facepalms in my entire life :(

I was rooting for you all the way up until the end!

I was rooting for you all the way up until the end!

Hehe.

I could only kill so many, since I have absolutely no heals :( and I had no time to recover.

Still, I must've killed at the very least 4-5 players before dying. That's something I can be proud of :)

Edited by Ardim

You know you're in trouble when?

1st your Tank asks you " hey how do you turn on this flash light?"

2nd Your healer screams when she gets hit and yells, " I NEED A PARAMEDIC DROID, NOW!!!"

3rd and last. You know you're in trouble when? 3 out of 4 of the team, see Darth Malgus, leap up and land in front of them and you smell something foul and then you see, piles of @^$# at those three's boot heels. So at the point you just disconnect and call it a night.... :eek::confused::(:mad:

You charge an enemy and get stunned for 3 seconds. (+10% resolve build)

When you arise, you are blinded for 7 seconds.

When you are unblinded, you charge an enemy and get stunned for 4 seconds.

This actually happens to me all the time in PvP just thought I would share this with you all.

Edited by Warlord_Maliken

You charge an enemy and get stunned for 3 seconds. (+10% resolve build)

When you arise, you are blinded for 7 seconds.

When you are unblinded, you charge an enemy and get stunned for 4 seconds.

This actually happens to me all the time in PvP just thought I would share this with you all.

Oh my God, yes, THIS!

CCs are RIDICULOUS in PvP now :mad:

DPS has to tank and the tank has no clue ... DID D7 one of the DPS ended up tanking while I had to heal him ..........we Carried the tank ....

Well, if you didn't die you weren't really in trouble, were you?

A moment when I was actually pretty proud of myself recently when I was doing colicoid war games for the first time after several months or so again. I was using a Jedi Sentinel, par with mission level. It took me a while to get into the balance of the fight and in the early opening I did take some unnessecary damage. However, I found my balance, but somehow our tank got trapped between all the fiery spots on the floor and died; I don't think he made a grave mistake, it was more a matter of bad luck. I went in to engage (better I hold the agro than our ranged damage dealer or the healer), ativated my defenses carefully in turn and kicked in my a medkit as soon as it made sense (not to early so incoming heal is not wasted, but not to late, so my team knows I can hold out a while longer). A few seconds before the droid was destroyed I had to drop aggro, using force carmoflage, I was down to 8% or so, but the others were still alright. The tank came back the moment the droid went down I think.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Well, if you didn't die you weren't really in trouble, were you?

A moment when I was actually pretty proud of myself recently when I was doing colicoid war games for the first time after several months or so again. I was using a Jedi Sentinel, par with mission level. It took me a while to get into the balance of the fight and in the early opening I did take some unnessecary damage. However, I found my balance, but somehow our tank got trapped between all the fiery spots on the floor and died; I don't think he made a grave mistake, it was more a matter of bad luck. I went in to engage (better I hold the agro than our ranged damage dealer or the healer), ativated my defenses carefully in turn and kicked in my a medkit as soon as it made sense (not to early so incoming heal is not wasted, but not to late, so my team knows I can hold out a while longer). A few seconds before the droid was destroyed I had to drop aggro, using force carmoflage, I was down to 8% or so, but the others were still alright. The tank came back the moment the droid went down I think.

And your point i thought this was gonna be a fun thread excuse me for thinking that ...." :)))) What made you thiink i was complaing to start with i was having fun it was fun doing that ...

You know you are in trouble when premade and a random guy (so total 5 of 8) in your team on Huttball game, thinks you are winning (UI error) and you are loosing 4-0 and are asking 'why you try to score so hard, we are winning'