Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

Another Week - More Healing Set Gear when Loot Option set to DPS Discipline

DawnAskham

Loot toggle? My DPS get tank crap. There is supposed to be away to change this?

Right click your character portrait (at 75), and there is an option called 'loot disciple' that lets you select any of of the three disciplines available to your character (does not have to be the actual played discipline).

In some cases, it does work - as in if I toggle it to immortal on my juggernaut, the random generic items dropped will generally be tank (mods, relics, implant, etc with defense, shield, absorb), while if I toggle it to rage or vengeance, the generic items are generally dps (mods, relics, implants, etc with accuracy, alacrity, and crit).

Where it fails is when opening personal rewards such as a weekly reward box that states 'one unique item based on discipline and gear rating', and instead of the unique (set) set item being for my specified loot discipline, I get one for a different discipline (e.g. my madness sorc gets nothing but healer set gear).

Also this is at 75, for some unknown reason while leveling, at least half of the items that drop seem to be left side items (relics, implants, ears), with more than half of those tanking items (shield / adsorb / defense), regardless of class or discipline.

Edited by DawnAskham

Loot toggle? My DPS get tank crap. There is supposed to be away to change this?

Yes, but it doesn’t work. I’ve even tried tricking it by respecing to tank, then toggling to tank, run a FP, then toggle to dps, run another flash point. Then respec back to dps with the toggle on dps. AND I STILL GET TANK SET BONUS GEAR.

Either the toggle is broken (which I doubt) OR the drop system is broken OR it’s working as intended.

I just wish Bioware would respond to the 7-8 threads on this topic and the 50 or so posts across them all.

I’ve even created a bug report and had zero response,

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971651

What does it take for them to write a one sentence reply to say :

1. “Working as intended”... suck it

2. “We are working on a fix”

3. “We broke it and it’s not a priority, so it’s going to become a feature”... too bad

5 mins of Musco’s time is all anyone is asking. 5 mins at most to give us an answer even if it’s not the one we want to hear. :mad:

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Right click your character portrait (at 75), and there is an option called 'loot disciple' that lets you select any of of the three disciplines available to your character (does not have to be the actual played discipline).

In some cases, it does work - as in if I toggle it to immortal on my juggernaut, the random generic items dropped will generally be tank (mods, relics, implant, etc with defense, shield, absorb), while if I toggle it to rage or vengeance, the generic items are generally dps (mods, relics, implants, etc with accuracy, alacrity, and crit).

Where it fails is when opening personal rewards such as a weekly reward box that states 'one unique item based on discipline and gear rating', and instead of the unique (set) set item being for my specified loot discipline, I get one for a different discipline (e.g. my madness sorc gets nothing but healer set gear).

Also this is at 75, for some unknown reason while leveling, at least half of the items that drop seem to be left side items (relics, implants, ears), with more than half of those tanking items (shield / adsorb / defense), regardless of class or discipline.

Mods etc drop correctly with the toggle. Everyone’s problems are about the “set bonuses” not dropping for your spec.

I’ve had enough tank stuff drop for my dps assassin, that I could have 2 and a half sets of tank gear. My dps set bonus stuff has only come from the vendor at a cost of 42,000 tech frags and 7 million credits.

When you consider they specifically quoted before the expansion and in the live streams and at the cantina’s, that buying from the vendors was a secondary way to gear and isn’t meant to be the main way :mad:

Which begs the question, if the secondary way to gear is faster and more reliable, doesn’t that make it the main way to gear and drops are secondary??

They can’t have it both ways and I think it’s about time we get an explanation of what’s happening.

Mods etc drop correctly with the toggle. Everyone’s problems are about the “set bonuses” not dropping for your spec.

I’ve had enough tank stuff drop for my dps assassin, that I could have 2 and a half sets of tank gear. My dps set bonus stuff has only come from the vendor at a cost of 42,000 tech frags and 7 million credits.

When you consider they specifically quoted before the expansion and in the live streams and at the cantina’s, that buying from the vendors was a secondary way to gear and isn’t meant to be the main way :mad:

Which begs the question, if the secondary way to gear is faster and more reliable, doesn’t that make it the main way to gear and drops are secondary??

They can’t have it both ways and I think it’s about time we get an explanation of what’s happening.

Because they are full of you know what.

I've gotten maybe two useful set items across all of my characters from drops and rewards, yet have completed multiple full sets, but only by dropping millions on the vendors (I'm probably a preferred customer now).

Edited by DawnAskham

I thought the set bonus gear was completely RNG. I know everything else works, but I honestly thought set bonuses were not effected by the toggle.

Why have a toggle if it doesn't respect the spec it's set to. :rak_02:

I have to agree with previous posters. I have several Generators for a DPS merc. - Luckily I have lots of blaster pistols from other specs, so I can swap barrels.- And the generator mods will slot in elsewhere, although they're rarely an improvement in iRating.

My main issue is that despite several characters being >303 iRating, I still get a lot of drops in the 295>298 range. I was under the impression that drops were supposed to be equal or higher, or am I mis-remembering?

As an aside, despite having a healthy credit balance, IT's easy to burn through a LOT of credits, moving mods around in gear that isn't for on'es spec. - Easy to burn through over 1/2 million credits in an evening.

I'm beginning to think that gearing more than 1 character ( and mirror) was a mistake. - Which makes the expansion rather short and over far to quickly.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

I toggled my guardian tank on to vigilance and I got random everything from a 272 set piece to 306 and I am in full 306 tank gear. So doesn't work at all for her. For my dps I can get 302-306 tank or dps gear.

I have noticed getting healer labeled gear on my dps that could be healers, but not the crazy inconsistency of getting dps gear on my tank.

Found if you do not pick your spec than the drops are a bit more random. Best to have your spec selected.

There is now an official Yellow bug thread asking for feed back to help them identify and fix the problem

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9794059#post9794059

If you are having this gear problem, please post the info there too so that can collect it all in one place.

Except Eric's post did not confirm that getting healer / tank gear while selecting a dps discipline is a bug.

Hey folks,

...snip...

• Set Bonuses and Tacticals – These are quite a bit more simple than stats as these should always drop for your current character and should always drop items usable in that spec. Keep in mind that usable by your spec means base class and general sets also. Ex: You are a madness sorc, it is intended that the system could drop an Inquisitor set for you (even if that specific set may seem more useful for a healer, it is a base class set usable by all Inquisitors)

...snip...

-eric

Reading this sounds like getting healing set gear (or tank set gear) is intentional as to Bioware, it is coded for the general class and could be used by any character of that class - though I'd argue sets buffing / benefiting abilities tied to a specific discipline are not very useful for other disciplines, the post he made does not state this is a bug.

Anyways - I suspect the actual resolution to our issue of getting set gear that only benefits a discipline we are not playing nor have selected for loot will be something along the lines of 'working as intended'.

Edited by DawnAskham