Please Fix the Empty Ship Issue

worsin

As many have noted our ships are empty now. This needs to be fixed this coming expansion!!!

I personally love my ships and use them immersively, going in my ship now is just depressing because I'm the only one there.

Add Hooks and let us assign people to spots in the ship!!

Edited by worsin

Personally, I never use my ship much any more. Now that you can travel directly from the galaxy map display, from anywhere, there's no need to go to your ship to travel. So, whether or not it's "empty" doesn't matter to me (or, I suspect, most people) and so, it's not really an "issue" that needs to be fixed. Edited by JediQuaker

But with no one in it, who cares how it's decorated. It's a lonely, lonely ship. We can't even bring in our new companions. Theron and Lana should be on our ship. In the new content, they go everywhere with us. Just doesn't seem right.

Um, I've had many people in my ship over the years. Find friends?

Um, I've had many people in my ship over the years. Find friends?

I didn't even need to find friends. I ported to my ship once to find another player running around inside :D I'm guessing it was some sort of instancing FUBAR but did make me jump a bit when I bumped into him.

I must be the only one who likes the empty ships. Sith Inquistor's for example have companions in almost every Ship's quarters to the point of one of the companions residing in the hallway. For my Powertech, I plan to start (yet not finish) the Knights Of expansion just so I do not have to see Skadge on my ship.

In the past I have advocated for an option to hide companions on ships. In addition, for those who started the Knights Of expansions, adding the now hard to find Companion Relocator Terminal which returns companions without affecting any storylines.

Edited by jimmorrisson

Better yet just let us recall companions to run around and follow us freely inside our ship to re-equip and such. For me, this is a top QoL issue.

That would be fairly awesome.

Plus you could get some good comp loven in every room on the ship.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

It is pretty depressing to walk around an empty ship with no-one by HK-51 where an entire group of people once lived.

Truth be told, it is depressing ! I'm used to go and see Ashara in what i think is the engine room. Andronikos on bridge, and so on. Not sure if it can be done since we can kill some original class story or lose some forever ( Tanno Vik).

As many have noted our ships are empty now. This needs to be fixed this coming expansion!!!

I personally love my ships and use them immersively, going in my ship now is just depressing because I'm the only one there.

Add Hooks and let us assign people to spots in the ship!!

/signed

I’ve got an even better idea. It doesn’t need the full stronghold treatment, but replace the comps on the ship maps with hooks for them so you can place whichever companions you want at various points on the ship.

Maybe set it as a trigger once you start Fallen Empire though so that people who don’t pay attention don’t accidentally miss out on all the companion missions.