Upcoming Increase on Weekly for Ranked...Vote NO!!

CaptRogue

Seems the upcoming changes in Dec include increasing ranked weekly matches from 20 to 50!!

This will not fix the "problem" of mat farmers.

Let your voice be heard on the PTS.

It's already going to be hard enough to get gear with the new changes now they're changing it so that you can't even get many toons their weekly working your butt off running granked.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9661628#post9661628

But wins also count x5, so this isn't really a big deal.

Assuming a 50/50 win / loss ration you need about 7 wins and 7 losses to reach 20 matches (21 points) in the current system.

In the new system those 7 wins and 7 losses would put you at 42 points. So okay, sure, you need a couple more matches to reach 50, but it's negligible if your aim is to actually play and win.

Seems the upcoming changes in Dec include increasing ranked weekly matches from 20 to 50!!

This will not fix the "problem" of mat farmers.

Let your voice be heard on the PTS.

It's already going to be hard enough to get gear with the new changes now they're changing it so that you can't even get many toons their weekly working your butt off running granked.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9661628#post9661628

Man... I already see tonnes of throwers who throw just to get mats In solo ranked and now they will sit there more.... Brilliant ideas devs, just brilliant.... Rip ranked

Assuming a 50/50 win / loss ration you need about 7 wins and 7 losses to reach 20 matches (21 points) in the current system.

In the new system those 7 wins and 7 losses would put you at 42 points. So okay, sure, you need a couple more matches to reach 50, but it's negligible if your aim is to actually play and win.

oh my goodness.... this is very ingenious ....jesus christ...devs you dam sons of ...now thats how you design a nice REWARD-TO-EFFORT system.

So in theory and practice... mat farmers have to play about 40-50 games to complete the weekly (since they will loose 9/10 games due to throwing and being complete clueless noobs)

and those that are serious, put in the effort and time into TR... will probably get away with 10-20 games as the current system.

BRAVO DEVS!!! only the lazy and the greedy MAT farmers will complain on this new system. Everyone else applause this ingenious solution.

Making money on TR with minimum effort was too easy this is exactly right solution!

Man... I already see tonnes of throwers who throw just to get mats In solo ranked and now they will sit there more.... Brilliant ideas devs, just brilliant.... Rip ranked

I've achieved the weekly a few times over, so I'm not exactly hard-core, but In all the scratch pug teams I've been in, We've always played for a win.

Apart form a couple of bot teams which are dead simple to defeat, I've never really noticed a team not trying to win right back at us.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

I think solo ranked weekly should just straight up be get something like 5-10 wins and losses don't count at all. And then maybe up the reward. I don't think they can really do that with grouped since it can always be the same teams that you might just never be able to beat. I don't really care whether it's 20 or 50 games but I don't see how it's going to stop that many mat farmers. Especially since CMT costs are probably going to go up because of the insane cost for crafting the new gear. Edited by kukumburr

I vote no.

I'm on that side of "tries as much as he can" along with my team, but still lose to better and more coordinated opponents.

Do I need to get an aneurysm struggling to get wins and getting stressed over it not happening, then lose motivation to try as I lose matches in which I was outplayed?

No, which is why the weekly isn't so bad now. I can play, do my best, still strive to be competitive, and not get too pissed over losing.

inb4 the simple solution is get good, but if everyone's good then nobody loses :rak_02:

In any case, there's people that are better, and teams that are better, and players who try but still lose shouldn't be penalized to stroke someone's dick.

On top of that, why complain if you fight mat farmers? Get your wins and your ranks. If they're the only team queueing, it's not like you miss out on anything since there's nobody else to fight.

While I think I understand the reasoning, I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm a decent PvP'er (not trying to sound arrogant) and do okay in Ranked, but that doesn't mean I I'm gonna win all of my matches even if I'm trying my best and have a good team. These changes still force you to play a lot of extra matches and put in a lot more time (something those of us in college don't always have) even if you are competitive and trying to win. Think I'd have to vote no as well...

Honestly, to push away mat farmers faster, weekly should just be super short, not bigger. "Oh but then they'll alt and keep the rhythm up". Not really since they stay there until they finish weekly. Faster weekly finishing = less griefing from these peeps.

I mean, they added mats in order to make Ranked pretty much a new way of obtaining rare stuff(Yeah, I take the "make ranked more populated" not so seriously. It made it worse when it was supposed to be the opposite).

That above would be one fix. Or make the other fix work like this: Weekly 9 matches, only wins count. If mat farmers want the goods, they have to work for it.

Edited by memerobot

Honestly, to push away mat farmers faster, weekly should just be super short, not bigger. "Oh but then they'll alt and keep the rhythm up". Not really since they stay there until they finish weekly. Faster weekly finishing = less griefing from these peeps.

I mean, they added mats in order to make Ranked pretty much a new way of obtaining rare stuff(Yeah, I take the "make ranked more populated" not so seriously. It made it worse when it was supposed to be the opposite).

That above would be one fix. Or make the other fix work like this: Weekly 9 matches, only wins count. If mat farmers want the goods, they have to work for it.

That's a fair point. I was being a little bit facetious though... because if we made it too hard for mat farmers, would ranked even pop? Except new season and end of season? It's hard to balance trash pops versus no pops.

If you enjoy easy rating, this is great. Now you get to farm the same 4 toons for 50 wins instead of 20.

:D

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

That's a fair point. I was being facetious though... because if we got rid of the mat farmers, would ranked even pop? Except new season and end of season? **** pops are better than no pops, I guess.

Well, between the chaos that SR is with mat farmers and the "non existant" pops(pretty sure it pops frequently) I prefer the 2nd really

I think non-existent pops mean wintrading at 3 am, unless you trust BW to police it. What if you only win-trade 1 match per day? Maybe you fly under their radar.

The whole ranked is a joke anyway. You think its not possible to wintrade now but it is. :D

i beg to differ when you can't even get a ranked match to pop currently how will this help?