Buying a Specific Amplifier

JediKnightGeorge

With the concerns over amplifier acquisition, would it be unreasonable to allow players to buy a specific amp that they want? Obviously, this could maybe be an upcharge to simply re-rolling amps. But it seems like maybe there ought to be a way to get a specific amp for a specific build you want without having to only pray to the RNG gods.

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
No with the way the reroll is set up they want you to input your credits pull the lever and spin the wheel to see what you get. Oh wait that is the definition of gambling?

Careful here. Nobody's losing real money, so while it's awful RNG that uses similar mechanics, it's not strictly gambling.

That said, I do agree that being able to directly tailor your amps to your build would be great.

How about they let you get what amp you want and upgrade to which ever amp you want.

But it will be somewhat costly

1. To get a specific amp: 40,000, plus 80 Tech fragments.

2. To upgrade it 50,000 plus 120 tech fragments.

These are just examples and IMO the re roll amp should just stay 5,000.

Careful here. Nobody's losing real money, so while it's awful RNG that uses similar mechanics, it's not strictly gambling.

That said, I do agree that being able to directly tailor your amps to your build would be great.

No we will be losing a ton of money. Additionally, Eric has stated that they have not released all the different amplifiers, which means the re-rolls will be way too OP! How many times to roll just to get a nice expertise, or defense, or when added, xp or renown boost, etc......

This is bigger than most of us even perceive.....

• 2 weeks later...

How about the amplifiers in the recalibration be limited to our

Class

Discipline

Crew skills

I.E. a Synthweaver with archeology and Underworld Trading, has no need for boosting Bioanalysis gathering time.

Or a Powertank needing a boost to force damage.

Certain governments have already started looking hard at game loot boxes and have determined several were exactly like gambling. My time is money and I used my time to get those credits so it is gambling whether with real currency or in game currency it is still gambling. :-( Edited by Hawkebatt

Not likely to happen. The developers wants to keep the grind alive, and BIS gear gathering as slow as possible. It sounds harsh, but it is not necessarely bad, since if i could get all the BIS gear in 1 - 2 weeks , there be a fair chance i would quit since i ran out of things to do/goals to accomplish, or post whiny notes about not enough content.

So the developers will try to put the grind to a level where they think it will make most accept it, and stay subbed long enough. Money makes the world go around, so we get a game to play, they get to get their pay too. I guess their metrics shows they are better off making the system RNG based instead of none-rng based.

If i like their RNG systems, not at all. Like others have said, time is a resource as well, and one that i don't have too much to spare anymore. IMO it is a bit like "working" for the payment of a single lottery ticket. Not my thing, unfortunly.

Certain governments have already started looking hard at game loot boxes and have determined several were exactly like gambling. My time is money and I used my time to get those credits so it is gambling whether with real currency or in game currency it is still gambling. :-(

Sadly, the new gearing system feels more like gambling than getting a reward for playing well. I think if those same government panels were to assess this new system they would stamp it outright as gambling and a gate way “drug” to financial gambling when kids reach 18yo,

With the latest round of changes, some of the amplifiers have had their max rating lowered (like weapon expertise was at max 1.50%, it has been lowered to max 1.20%), but in doing so that, they have added in extra levels of very low rating versions of the same amplifier (there is now a .012% weapon expertise amplifier), which just makes the RNG that much harder trying to re-roll for the specific type and rating you are going for.

To test, I spent 2.5 billion credits trying to re-roll 1 armoring, trying to get the 1.20% weapon expertise amplifier and I was not able to obtain it on that armoring. I think the re-roll price was up to 40 mil when I gave up.

Unless there is a hard cap added to the re-roll price, players could easily go through all the credits they have saved if they are not paying attention and they are after a specific amplifier and rating.

It was much easier to just obtain a new armoring, spend about 1 mil trying to get the amplifier I was looking for, and if I did not get RNG lucky, discard it and buy a new one and start over.

It is also absolutely pointless and not worth it to try to re-roll for any amplifier on any piece of gear below iLevel 306. With how you have to constantly upgrade the iLevel of each gear piece, you would just be throwing credits away with no return.

Edited by Flying-Brian

It is also absolutely pointless and not worth it to try to re-roll for any amplifier on any piece of gear below iLevel 306. With how you have to constantly upgrade the iLevel of each gear piece, you would just be throwing credits away with no return.

Thanks for explaining it. This is really dumb if true.

If they are going to make things ultra rare, then make the roll on an amp have a chance to give you a max ilevel amp then. People might feel inclined to roll the dice if they have a chance to win something really powerful.

Otherwise, why would people roll the dice on something barely better which will easily get replaced anyway?